Why are YOU a fan of Jemaine's?

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
Kate
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Kate » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:29 pm

SayWhat? wrote:*sigh* Man, that dude has NO bad angles!

Can I get an AMEN!, my sistas?

The Jig
New arrival

Postby The Jig » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:58 pm

When I first saw the HBO special, I really couldn't explain why I loved the show so much. But after repeated viewings I've decided that it mostly has to do with Jemaine. (No offense meant to Bret)

I love the band's music, but I think what holds my attention is Jemaine. I'm not swooning here, but I think he has an extremely interesting face, very different, very expressive, and just fun to watch. I would explain his voice and his personality the same exact way. I guess I just like to see someone who seems so original in every way, it makes me wish I was more like that.

I can totally see why you ladies like him so much...if I swung that way I probably would too.

Kate

Postby Kate » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:09 pm

I agree. He has that "it" thing, bigtime. It's not exactly charisma entirely, but truly charisma + something indefinable. I can't figure it out. It's impossible to take your eyes off of him.

And he's talented! --- Did you notice that his face literally changed with every character is "did" during "Albi". If you watch it with the sound off, you still know which character is talking just by watching his face.

I continue to watch the special, as enthralled and delighted as the first time I saw it. And, a lot of the credit is his. Bret is wonderful, so no offense intended at all, but Jemaine is just a marvel.

He's quite a dishy babe of a man as well! :heart:

(Do I get extra credit for not gushing until the very last sentence?)

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:03 pm

The Jig wrote:When I first saw the HBO special, I really couldn't explain why I loved the show so much. But after repeated viewings I've decided that it mostly has to do with Jemaine. (No offense meant to Bret)

I love the band's music, but I think what holds my attention is Jemaine. I'm not swooning here, but I think he has an extremely interesting face, very different, very expressive, and just fun to watch. I would explain his voice and his personality the same exact way. I guess I just like to see someone who seems so original in every way, it makes me wish I was more like that.

I can totally see why you ladies like him so much...if I swung that way I probably would too.

He is an interesting person to study when performing. Having seen Humourbeasts and Conchords, where the performances vary so vastly, it surprised me to see he was able to carry off more than one form of comedy. Humourbeasts was very physical and frenetic, Conchords was sitting on a chair talking and singing. Yet he worked so well in both forms.

He also has a great range of facial expressions. Far more, how shall I say, less obvious, yes, subtle and more emotional I think. Bret has his own style that works for his side of things. I don't do the swooning thing about either of them. They both have *something* that I like about them as an act and as people, but its not that kind of attraction. Its just being able to laugh at the lines, the pauses and look at a face while the delicate expressions waft across. It just makes for something good.

The Jig
New arrival

Postby The Jig » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:45 am

They both have *something* that I like about them as an act and as people, but its not that kind of attraction. Its just being able to laugh at the lines, the pauses and look at a face while the delicate expressions waft across. It just makes for something good.

"Delicate" was a great way to explain their facial expressions. Their subtlety I think is one of their best qualities. The pauses are sometimes the funniest moments in the song. That's why I would want to see them in a small club someday. You miss 50% of what makes them so good if you only listen to them. You have to see their faces to really appreciate their unique form of humour.

Everytime I watch the HBO special, I see something else I missed the last time I watched it, and everytime I watch it I get a little more addicted. I'm so jealous of all you people that get to see them live.
"...oh that's the only way to have sandwiches!"

Pineapple
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Pineapple » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:20 am

I'm just posting to say how well everyone's articulated how they feel! Awesome descriptions people! :yay:

I think it's just... him. See that's all I can think of. Yup it's ALLLLLL the stuff you guys said and him.
'Along comes Michael... On his bicycle... Lookin' as cool as a Fisher and Paykel...'

Deirdre

Postby Deirdre » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:27 pm

Kate!!!!

I think Meli here, has caught what we've got/had. She seems a bit over the top. This is going to be fun to watch. :popcorn:

Pineapple

Postby Pineapple » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:08 pm

Is it bad I stayed up til 2am reading all their MySpace comments? Cos I think I've got that bug thing you were talking about...

'Along comes Michael... On his bicycle... Lookin' as cool as a Fisher and Paykel...'

Birday
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Birday » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:44 am

Pineapple wrote:Is it bad I stayed up til 2am reading all their MySpace comments? Cos I think I've got that bug thing you were talking about...

hahahaa i did that ALOT at first...then i decided to ask jemaine to comment on mine just for the heck of it :lol: ahh me and my dorky ways... :oops:

anyway,all of your guys have said basically what and how i feel about Mr.Clement..i pretty much can't think of anything to top most of those replies,lol!

all i can say is this,the man has got the utmost alluring charisma and talent around,and that's what i love about him.

he can shoot back at you the wittiest and most clever remark with a straightest face you've ever witnessed on a person,and you still end up busting a gut at how hilarious it was.a natual actor,talented with words and singing(even though i'm sure he wouldn't make it at the top 10 in american idol :lol: ),and has got intellect to boot.

not to mention his extra features...his face,handsome,debonair,yet when off gaurd can produce the sweetest smile.

his lips...*PANTS* :x alright,i'm going to stop right here before i get carried away... :oops:

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Mon May 01, 2006 3:01 am

I hope that J has a chance to read some of this at some point. You all said some really wonderful things about him. While I know he is aware of how sexy everyone thinks he is, threads seem to be taken over by that and I bet it would probably be really nice for him to hear why he is so appreciated as a performer rather than just a sex symbol. While it never hurts to hear that people find you attractive, having someone talk about all of your many talents and how you excel at all of them is probably even more uplifting.....

And, for all of the reasons mentioned - I love J as well! I'm not a "Jemaniac" but as a performer - for all of those reasons - I think he is just fabulous! I can't really think of anything to add - you ladies did a great job!
"I can't brain today - I haz teh dumb"

fawad-oh-so-prescient
Keeping it funky

Postby fawad-oh-so-prescient » Sat May 06, 2006 6:24 am

i actually wasn't so much until i came on here and realized that he had zombified obsessive girl fans. then he seemed kinda cool. i mean, some of you are pretty hot.

Pineapple

Postby Pineapple » Sat May 06, 2006 6:34 am

Ah see I think you mean ALL fawad ALL of us are hot. Inside and out. If that makes sense :lol:

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Sat May 06, 2006 6:59 am

Pineapple wrote:Ah see I think you mean ALL fawad ALL of us are hot. Inside and out. If that makes sense :lol:

Hee. Touche' - nicely done.
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

nettie
New arrival

Postby nettie » Mon May 08, 2006 8:01 pm

fawad-oh-so-prescient wrote:i actually wasn't so much until i came on here and realized that he had zombified obsessive girl fans. then he seemed kinda cool. i mean, some of you are pretty hot.

Zombiefied??

I don't know what you mean by that. Just because I've forced my husband to have cosmetic dentistry, make him wear funky trendy glasses and learn how to play the guitar...I don't think I'm zombiefied. You're crazy.

:rolleyes:
Love is like a roll of cellotape

Birday
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Birday » Tue May 09, 2006 12:23 am

nettie wrote:
fawad-oh-so-prescient wrote:i actually wasn't so much until i came on here and realized that he had zombified obsessive girl fans. then he seemed kinda cool. i mean, some of you are pretty hot.

Zombiefied??

I don't know what you mean by that. Just because I've forced my husband to have cosmetic dentistry, make him wear funky trendy glasses and learn how to play the guitar...I don't think I'm zombiefied. You're crazy.

:rolleyes:

Hahahahahahaha :lol:

Return to “Jemaine Clement”