Why are YOU a fan of Jemaine's?

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:19 am

http://www.whatthefolk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=351

Some of the images don't come up anymore but .....

j
New arrival

Postby j » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:15 pm

Oh boy, that was stunning. :shock:

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:33 pm

:prayer: Good one!
Man, I needed a good laugh today. Of course, now I'll won't be able to think of Jemaine without Engelbert. Well, Jemaine does have nicer lips...

The_Elefunk
Giving the paper to the people

Postby The_Elefunk » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:37 pm

Agreed!

Wow! That picture is stunning similar. :lol:
Shush baby.
Shush.

Count down to my birthday guys: October 13!!

The_Elefunk

Postby The_Elefunk » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:28 pm

I must say: Jemaine looked particulary good looking in the Yoko episode last night. I don't know if it is because he was kind of feisty but he just looked so hot! :heartbeat:
Shush baby.

Shush.

Count down to my birthday guys: October 13!!

xx_Sparky
New arrival

Postby xx_Sparky » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:37 am

For me:

It's his sense of humor, his musical talent (he plays that guitar like nobody's business!), the fact that he can survive on his own (he doesn't need Bret to complete him), his love of claymation, and... of course... his swarthy good looks and his dark hair.

I'm also a HUGE fan of his singing voice. He has some great harmonies up his sleeves during F of the C songs and has a lovely range (although his falsetto could use some work ^^). He sounds good even when he's not being serious. There are some points where he does sound a little like Frank Sinatra. Seriously...

It's probably just me, huh?
What are we doing?

We're breaking it down.

lisajean
New arrival

Postby lisajean » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:33 pm

I like how laid back Jemaine is. The Yoko episode (I think), at the band meeting after Bret throws the sandwich in his face, and he says something about it... something like, "Got tomato on my sleeve." Well I couldn't laugh harder! Because he's so very calm about it.

rcaste
Lost but happy at sea

Postby rcaste » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:38 am

I think what I like both about these guys is that their sense of humility. I don't know any instances I have seen this in, nor have any evidence to prove this, but every time I watch their show or their specials you just get that feeling from them.

I like how Jermaine gets a smirk on his face when he makes a joke or thinks of a pun, I usually try to mimic his deep voice.. but damn its hard. I also like how he is very naive AND at the same time he can be an inconsiderate jerk.

It is true what one of the first posters in this thread said about people who have been less talented are more popular.. i.e. your Paris Hiltons and your platinum hit rappers, but I don't think I would like to see that kind of fame on these guys. They have this more small town, low key, non-mainstream kind of feel, and thats what I love about them.. it roots back to them being humble. If they do make out to be very huge.. than that would be cool to I guess. Most of their work is very subtle and mature.. and I don't think many people would get that.

Tixis
New arrival

Re: Why are YOU a fan of Jemaine's?

Postby Tixis » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:21 am

Kate wrote:
With The Wednesday Night Thread coming up on us rapidly, I thought you might all enjoy a chance to say here, totally without any of the horny stuff, how much you respect and appreciate Jemaine and his enormous talent.

I just found Jemaine last week, and this board last night. It's not Wednesday night for me yet.
:wink:

I love Business Time. I have to watch the youtube vid several times a day or else I don't feel complete. I once felt this way about Bubba Hog too.
Before I die, I want Jemaine to sexy-waggle his brows to me.

binary j
New arrival

Postby binary j » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:04 am

I couldn't agree more with all the things you guys have mentioned. I think The duo itself and especially jermaine appeal to me on all of those levels but also invokes a time in my life when I was younger and more carefree. My best friend Jack and I would hang out and get silly on the occasional weekend and i would play guitar and him and i would do some songs, some of them much in the same vein of Business Time or Think About it.
If I only had those tapes now! Jack would have been Jermaine to my Bret..everytime I watch them it reminds me of those times..As a musician I find there are some really funny things jermaine and bret do but there are definitely some flashes of brilliance and great talent too

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:18 pm

Why do I love Jemaine? Well, at uni I often find myself justifying my Jemaine-love to a group of Bretaholics. I don't really know where to begin but I'll start with the obvious. The guy is ridiculously attractive. But what's great is that he doesn't seem to be that aware of it. I am all about his glasses (I love them). He's got that whole geeky sexy thing going on. His cheeky grin is très adorable and what makes it even better is that gap in his teeth. Makes me swoon every time. :blush:

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:23 pm

Oops.... (I got so caught up in the physical stuff)

His vocal talent is amazing and he's such a brilliant writer. Jemaine's the whole package. Creative, attractive and he seems to be a genuinely nice guy.

Beethoven's Hair
Lost but happy at sea

Postby Beethoven's Hair » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:15 pm

it's the iccent, and the height and shoulders... okay it's not all about looks, the characters are adorable too... but did anybody ever notice that he sometimes strums his guitar like he's plucking the bass? and todd playing the bongos backwards with no technique- that bugs me.
Last edited by Beethoven's Hair on Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alecia

Postby Alecia » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:39 am

I LOVE the way Jemaine says "Yes" I dont know what it is.. I mean I love the accent naturally, but the way he says "Yes" I can listen to it over and over. And I love watching him play bass or guitar, I just like his style of playing, and his hands.. and.. okay I'm getting carried away >.>
Official Jemainiac...
and damn proud!

"I’m even more ‘what what’ with the bitches." -Jemaine Clement

FanBase
Registered Rhymnecologist

Why I heart Jemaine...

Postby FanBase » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:34 am

I love Jemaine b/c he is a true renaissance man. He seems to have all of these facets to him - like he's got this sort of bohemian, intellectual, sexy geek, artisty, hip thing goin' on. I love a man with a sense of humor and he's quite witty. I also love his composure and charisma. He just seems like someone I could hang out with and talk about abstract concepts, share a laugh or two, and just know that he "gets it."

In the looks department, I love his tall stature, build, thick wavy hair, bedroom eyes and infamous mouth. The little gap in his teeth tops off the allure and gives his smile personality.

From what I gather he's a compassionate person. He's a loyal friend. He's got a work ethic and a strong sense of self. He's followed his heart all along and it's refreshing to see someone become successful by doing such. I simply love Jemaine. Not so much in a giddy, school-girl sense (I have my moments though), but really in a sense of respect and appreciation. I'll leave it at that. :blush:
"That's not a fan base, that's just a woman."

Return to “Jemaine Clement”