The eyes have it

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
Chica
Half a shapely halibut

The eyes have it

Postby Chica » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:01 am

Hello, newbie on her first post. I was wondering if you could settle a bet for me? Does Jemaine have green eyes, hazel or brown? They definitely seem to be green on occasion.

Thanks,

Chica
Last edited by Chica on Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bubbleGumPie
Lost but happy at sea

Postby bubbleGumPie » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:04 am

I think they're hazel.

meg1448
Half a shapely halibut

Re: The eyes have it

Postby meg1448 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:02 am

Chica wrote:Hello, newbie on her first post. I was wondering if you could settle a bet for me? Does Jemaine have green eyes, hazel or brown? They definitely seem to be green on occasion.

Thanks,

Chica

Chica? From...the colboards?
"If the divine master plan is perfection, maybe next I'll give Judas a try."

Spark by Tori Amos
DA account: http://modelmeg2003.deviantart.com/

Chica
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Chica » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:38 pm

meg1448 wrote:
Chica wrote:Hello, newbie on her first post. I was wondering if you could settle a bet for me? Does Jemaine have green eyes, hazel or brown? They definitely seem to be green on occasion.

Thanks,

Chica

Meg! Small world, innit? You'll be glad to know I have not ventured into writing sonnets for the Conchords. :D

Katie

Postby Katie » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:56 pm

I say they're hazel. :)

Chica
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Chica » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:23 am

I always thought hazel meant 'light brown', I never knew it included greenish.

Another Strangers with Candy fan. Interesting how all these fandoms overlap. :D

saffymatt
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby saffymatt » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:57 am

According to the dictionary hazel means:

a light brown to strong yellowish brown

I say his eyes are a beautiful, hypnotic shade of green. *sigh* :eyelashes:
Set your Phasers on Funky!

bubbleGumPie
Lost but happy at sea

Postby bubbleGumPie » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:46 am

Hmm. From handy dandy wikipedia. lol

Hazel
Some eye colors are too mixed to identify properly, and are called hazel for simplicity's sake. This eye is dark gray with orange toward the center and green towards the edge.
Some eye colors are too mixed to identify properly, and are called hazel for simplicity's sake. This eye is dark gray with orange toward the center and green towards the edge.

Hazel eyes are due to a combination of a Rayleigh scattering and a moderate amount of melanin in the iris' anterior border layer.[24][5] A number of studies using three-point scales have assigned "hazel" to be the medium-color between light brown and dark green.[25][26][27][28][29][30][31] This can sometimes produce a multicolored iris, i.e., an eye that is light brown near the pupil and charcoal or amber/dark green on the outer part of the iris when it is open to the elements of the sun/shined in the sunlight. Hazel is mostly found in the regions of The Middle East, the Americas and Europe. Very rarely, hazel eyes can be found in populations of people with African or Asian descent.

Under a slit lamp (biometric microscope), a hazel iris often shows a green background stippled with brown pigment spots ( many sources - including B. Schnirel - Licensed, Board Certified Optician - personal observation ).
This eye shows an outer green olive color, and towards the middle a brown.
This eye shows an outer green olive color, and towards the middle a brown.

There is some difficulty in defining the eye color "hazel" as it is sometimes considered to be synonymous with light-brown and other times with dark green.[32][19][25][27][30][33] They have been described as dark green or yellowish brown,[34] or as a lighter shade of brown.[35] Hazel eyes have also been described as being equivalent to a dark green or amber color eyes/light brown.[36] In North America, "hazel" is often used to describe eyes that appear to change color, ranging from light brown to green and even gray, depending on current lighting in the environment.

Judging from all of our confusion, this seems about right. lol

Katie

Postby Katie » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:05 am

Chica wrote:I always thought hazel meant 'light brown', I never knew it included greenish.

Hahaha, yes! So it probably doesn't need to be said, but I too am a Colbert fan.

Yeah, I have hazel eyes. They're a lighter brown with green in them...

meg1448
Half a shapely halibut

Postby meg1448 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:43 am

Chica wrote:
meg1448 wrote:

Thanks,

Chica

Meg! Small world, innit? You'll be glad to know I have not ventured into writing sonnets for the Conchords. :D

OMF! Now you HAVE to write a book of poetry for the Conchords! :D
"If the divine master plan is perfection, maybe next I'll give Judas a try."

Spark by Tori Amos

DA account: http://modelmeg2003.deviantart.com/

Chica
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Chica » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:14 am

Katie wrote:
Chica wrote:I always thought hazel meant 'light brown', I never knew it included greenish.

Hahaha, yes! So it probably doesn't need to be said, but I too am a Colbert fan.

Yeah, I have hazel eyes. They're a lighter brown with green in them...

I'm of Italian extraction, so my eyes are such dark brown they are practically black. All this wishy washy hazel is too confusing. Brown or green, people, pick a side! ;)

I miss Colbert. *sigh*

meg1448 wrote:OMF! Now you HAVE to write a book of poetry for the Conchords! Very Happy

Um... NO! I could get away with it because they were to Stephen's character and he loves nothing better than to be adored. Besides, they write such wonderful lyrics that my sonnets would pale in comparison. Still, if you have any suggestions on a sonnet-y subject...

Katie

Postby Katie » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:01 pm

Chica wrote:I'm of Italian extraction, so my eyes are such dark brown they are practically black. All this wishy washy hazel is too confusing. Brown or green, people, pick a side! ;)

I miss Colbert. *sigh*

Ah, yeah. My brothers eyes are like that too... as are my moms.

My eyes are extremely confusing. Most of the time they're that Brownish green deal, and then sometimes they're a pure brown, or a pure green. Or .. .gold? It's strange. So yeah, I would personally classify his eyes as being Hazel, since I can relate with all this brownish green business. Maybe they're just a really dark green. What do I know.

eclecticwonder
Lost but happy at sea

Postby eclecticwonder » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:06 am

hey! i'm the newest addition to WTF! :)
anyway, i tried using the zoom feature on my dvd player to see if i could get close enough to jemaine's eyes to tell the color.
i have to say i'm in the hazel-light brown boat until further notice :?
also, my computer decided to be stupid and wouldn't let me see Chica's pic of jemaines eyes :x
alright, i'm done babbling:)
------------------

"It doesn't hurt to do something absolutely outrageous..."

Chica
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Chica » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:54 am

Is anyone else having trouble with the picture? I tried inserting it into the message, but it wouldn't let me.

The_Wallaby
Keeping it funky

Postby The_Wallaby » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:50 am

I can see the picture...I always considered his eyes as hazel. In that picture they do look greenish though.
I always get a little bit emotional on the corner of Rutherford and Brown Streets.

Return to “Jemaine Clement”