Jemaine's voice...

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
claire
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Jemaine's voice...

Postby claire » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:57 pm

it needs its own thread doesn't it?? i'm loving 'angels' a lot lately cuz of his deep sixy voice...

(at least i didn't make a thread just for his lips...yet!! :D )

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:55 am

Can't say enough about the voice, it's one of his most attractive features. I love his vocals on Angels too. When I first played it for a non conchord friend I said "Bret is the one with the high angelic voice and Jemaine is the one with the deep sexy voice" and when Jemaine began singing my friend went "whoah!" 8)

veeery veeery sixy :tonqe:

Now let's start a thread for his lips. :P

JulesJules
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby JulesJules » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:47 am

Oh yis, a thread after my own quickly beating heart.

I love it in E v S when it goes dark in the tent and Jarrod says: "Lily? You can hold my hand if you want."

*sigh*
Last edited by JulesJules on Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:08 pm

JulesJules wrote:Oh yes, a thread after my own quickly beating heart.

I love it in E v S when it goes dark in the tent and Jarrod says: "Lily? You can hold my hand if you want."

*sigh*

Oh yis! To hear that voice in the dark...mmmmm....
90% evil
ImageImage

saffymatt

Postby saffymatt » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:11 pm

His accent just knocks my socks off. I love it more in E vs S because I feel that he doesn't need to try to "Americanize" it. More of how he really sounds I bet.
Set your Phasers on Funky!

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:31 pm

saffymatt wrote:His accent just knocks my socks off. I love it more in E vs S because I feel that he doesn't need to try to "Americanize" it. More of how he really sounds I bet.

When you met him did you find it cool to hear that voice in person? I did. And I remember how deep and manly it sounded. :P
90% evil
ImageImage

saffymatt

Postby saffymatt » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:03 am

SheWolf wrote:
saffymatt wrote:His accent just knocks my socks off. I love it more in E vs S because I feel that he doesn't need to try to "Americanize" it. More of how he really sounds I bet.

When you met him did you find it cool to hear that voice in person? I did. And I remember how deep and manly it sounded. :P

I did...it was quite soothing. And he laughed at something...I don't remember what, but it was sooo much better than I could have ever imagined!

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:02 am

I also loved hearing that voice live and up close, talking just to me. :D

Unfortunately, the night Claire and I saw them, he left out a couple of things in Angels: near the end, as Bret goes There are Angels, and on Folk the World, Jemaine goes "Ah ah", and also when he goes "Getting jiggy with it", he didn't sing anything. I know it was his choice, I just missed hearing him sing Jiggy With It live :P

Quite honestly, he could read the most boring phone book and I'd happily listen - for days!!! :lalala:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

saffymatt

Postby saffymatt » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:18 pm

He didn't sing "Getting jiggy with it" at Columbus. I was a bit sad too...that is one of my favorite lines. They must have thought that it was a bit dated, but I think that it would have been just as funny as it would have been when they first wrote it.

claire

Postby claire » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:10 pm

SheWolf wrote:Now let's start a thread for his lips. :P

and his eyebrows! :D

claire

Postby claire » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:10 pm

SheWolf wrote:
JulesJules wrote:Oh yes, a thread after my own quickly beating heart.

*sigh*

Oh yis! To hear that voice in the dark...mmmmm....

:help:

claire

Postby claire » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:16 pm

i didn't know angels at the time of the show (that was the first time i'd heard it) so i didn't miss the jiggy line but now i would have cuz that's my fave line too, hmm wonder why he'd leave it out?

i love his voice on hotties too, i didn't realize what really nice voices they have until i listened to them more, they really compliment each other so well...

but i love his speaking voice as well and his accent (melting at the thought of hearing him laugh in person, sigh)--i have a thing for guys with deep voices and accents (especially ones with dark hair and green eyes with good scruff...) i used to like english accents best but nz accent is much sixier...

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:44 pm

saffymatt wrote:
SheWolf wrote:

I did...it was quite soothing. And he laughed at something...I don't remember what, but it was sooo much better than I could have ever imagined!

In person Bret's voice is the one I found very soothing.

Jemaine did the dorky laugh with me. It's the same one he does in the EVS outtake where Taika is in the closet. It's SO dorky and so brilliant.
90% evil
ImageImage

saffymatt

Postby saffymatt » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:00 pm

SheWolf wrote:
saffymatt wrote:
SheWolf wrote:

In person Bret's voice is the one I found very soothing.

Jemaine did the dorky laugh with me. It's the same one he does in the EVS outtake where Taika is in the closet. It's SO dorky and so brilliant.

That dorky laugh is just the best. It makes me giddy!

Bret's was good too. He was totally happy and kinda giggly. Jemaine was much more serious and sweet. Bret was much easier to talk to, but I think that was I wasn't all flustered and mushy brained.

claire

Postby claire » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:10 pm

i think jemaine should make meditation cds (not commercially, just for us!) i've been trying to meditate lately but i have one of those brains that's just never quiet so just listening to music doesn't do it so i got some guided meditation cds so i'd have something to focus on but they're too cheesy and new agey--if i had jemaine's voice in my head guiding my meditation i know for sure i'd go off to a happy place quite easily... :D

Return to “Jemaine Clement”