Jemaine's voice...

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
aom192
Half a shapely halibut

Re: Jemaine's voice...

Postby aom192 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:09 pm

My normally quite-hard-to-please brother snorted and laughed so hard when the underpants reference came on that he fell off the couch!
Ah Gandolf...I like what you've done with your beard.

We'll never make it...there's thousands of them and only about 8 of us!
Oh no!
We made it.
Hurray!

claire
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby claire » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:11 pm

SheWolf wrote:http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1763342

some of these shots would make great screencaps, bret especially looks strikingly handsome in black and white, i couldn't see jemaine as well cuz the clip is kind of dark on my computer--but my computer kept freezing up on me while i was watching it again and it always freeze-framed on bret and some of the shots of him were just beautiful...

i have to figure out the screencap thing--if i do figure it out i'll post them in the screencaps threads... :)

p.s. i love the underpants line too... :lol:
that's frozen cool...

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:54 am

Thank you for the link, SW. I never saw that interview before, but I have seen lots of those pictures before. C;aire, there are a lot of those screencaps on another site here somewhere, done I believe by Cassandrasnow. Possibly "Avatars"?
I never heard Jemaine's "The bomb" American accent before. He does accents well!
I've said it before - he could read the phone book, and I'd listen because of that voice!
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

claire

Postby claire » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:33 pm

i have seen some of the avatars from the clip nancy, it would be neat to see some enlarged versions tho, they'd make really nice pics--yep i could listen to him read the phone book too...

hope all went well for you yesterday? :bighug:
that's frozen cool...

H....

Postby H.... » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:34 pm

softestbullet wrote:
H.... wrote:I like it when he does his english accent, which is strange, as usually, when 'english' is done by other nationalities, it makes me cringe. In 'Inner City Pressure', both of their accents are perfect.

I agree. I find that pretty cringeworthy too. Speaking of that song, the off-hand delivery of 'So you think maybe you'll be a prostitute' gets me every time! :lol: :lol:

I was in a 7Eleven the other day, I felt an enormous amount of giggles rising up inside of me. I had to get out!
Throw us your potatoes!

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:10 am

claire wrote:i have seen some of the avatars from the clip nancy, it would be neat to see some enlarged versions tho, they'd make really nice pics--yep i could listen to him read the phone book too...

hope all went well for you yesterday? :bighug:

You're right, Claire. They would be great full-sized pics.
I just read my message to you where I spelled your name with a ";" instead of "l". The surgery went well, but I guess I was a little fuzzy
last night.

Now let's see. Jemaine has a great ear, so he can pull off a variety of accents, which could make him the Meryl Streep of NZ! :yay:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:15 am

H.... wrote:
softestbullet wrote:
H.... wrote:I like it when he does his english accent, which is strange, as usually, when 'english' is done by other nationalities, it makes me cringe. In 'Inner City Pressure', both of their accents are perfect.

I agree. I find that pretty cringeworthy too. Speaking of that song, the off-hand delivery of 'So you think maybe you'll be a prostitute' gets me every time! :lol: :lol:

I was in a 7Eleven the other day, I felt an enormous amount of giggles rising up inside of me. I had to get out!

Were you "counting coins on the counter"? :wink:
I think "hey man, I just want some muesli" has got to be one of my many favorite lines. I do remember just loving hearing it live. :supz:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

meg1448
Half a shapely halibut

Postby meg1448 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:24 am

SheWolf wrote:I thought I read somewhere that his character was American - can't remember the source though.

This one: "The bomb. Where's the bomb?"
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1763342

Thanks for posting that! Very cute interview. They both looked very sixy. For some reason I didn't think I'd like it if any of the boys did an American accent but I thought Jemaine sounded very sixy. He has a good ear. Now I'd like to hear Bret do one. :wink:
"If the divine master plan is perfection, maybe next I'll give Judas a try."

Spark by Tori Amos
DA account: http://modelmeg2003.deviantart.com/

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:59 pm

The underpants line is one of my all time faves and right after he said it I was thinking what happened to his other underpants and then he sang the same thing I was thinking - too funny. I always wondered why the 7-11 guy was called Bevan instead of the more obvious Kevin

I have a crapload of caps from the college humor thing. (yes I cap everything. I'm a cap addict) I can post them but should they go in the Jem pix thread or where??

Not to be critical with the American accent but I thought "where" sounded overdone and I've noticed that many British actors tend to get it wrong, overemphasizing the R sound. Then someone pointed out to me that the mid-western accent is similar to that, which is true, so maybe Jemmy's trying to sound like he's from Chicago - I don't know. I only know we don't talk like that in Joisey (I've never heard anyone from Jersey actually say it like that BTW).
90% evil
ImageImage

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:21 pm

I have a crapload of caps from the college humor thing. (yes I cap everything. I'm a cap addict) I can post them but should they go in the Jem pix thread or where??

Go ahead and put them in the Jemaine photo thread so they're easy to find.

I generally don't fault foreigner actors for bad American accents, because there are plenty of American actors who do atrocious Southern accents. :bang: ;)
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

claire

Postby claire » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:24 pm

oh please oh please post the b/w pics! :D

i think only tony soprano says joisey, lol...
that's frozen cool...

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:39 pm

indigo_jones wrote:I generally don't fault foreigner actors for bad American accents, because there are plenty of American actors who do atrocious Southern accents. :bang: ;)

Amen to that! There isn't anything more annoying than an actor doing a generic Southern accent. :roll: Movies like "The Good Girl" with J Anniston. For one, it was filmed in California, there are no green mountains in West Texas. She's a "one character" actor to begin with and her accent was so bad. :doh:
Why don't you accept me as your God!?

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:41 pm

claire wrote:oh please oh please post the b/w pics! :D

i think only tony soprano says joisey, lol...

OK.

LOL - I came the Sopranos late and rented most of the seasons awhile back - what a freakin' amazing show! I never expected to like a show about mobster but it's about so much more - it's really about the human condition, life, death, legacy etc - fascinating stuff. BTW - Bergen county peeps do tend to speak like the people in the Sopranos. It's very localized.
90% evil
ImageImage

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:45 pm

indigo_jones wrote:I generally don't fault foreigner actors for bad American accents, because there are plenty of American actors who do atrocious Southern accents. :bang: ;)

I'm no expert on Southern accents but to my ear most of them sound overdone on TV & movies. Then again the only place in the south I've been to is New Orleans and they've got their own accent going on there- it's positively dreamy BTW -luv the way they say mah name.

A badly done accent just ruins everything for me. I've recently heard both Ewan McGregor and Clive Owen, 2 total cuties, slaughter an American accent so badly that I simply couldn't continue watching.
90% evil
ImageImage

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:56 pm

The New Orleans accent is a law unto itself. It sounds more like the person is from Brooklyn, with a hint of Southern drawl. I went to college there and had such a crush on a local who worked at the coffee shop I went to. Sweet face and sexy voice.

Anyway ... I think the word "best" is becoming one of my favorite words to hear a kiwi say. There's something about it that makes me smile every time.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Return to “Jemaine Clement”