R-R-R-R-Random Jemaine Discussion

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Re: R-R-R-R-Random Jemaine Discussion

Postby mockingbird » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:17 pm

So, I was at the bookstore on Saturday, leafing through yet another esoteric volume while I was supposedly organizing the Anthropology section. ;) I read some very interesting things about various tribal customs. For instance, did you all know that the Maori used to tie their foreskins closed as a form of modesty? That's right, modesty. Seems to me that perhaps a garment of some kind might have accomplished that goal a little better, but that's just me and my crazy Western ideas. ;)

So, who's going to ask Jemaine about this traditional Maori practice? :bounce: I can't believe Murray never brought it up, lol. ;)

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:12 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:36 pm

I know, huh? The things you learn in the Anthropology section. ;)

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:02 am

:puzzled: Was the book illustrated? :lol:
Image..Image..Image

deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby deliriumtree » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:54 am

They must not tie it too tight. Sometimes to castrate an animal farmers will just tie the bits off til the blood circulation dies, then they just drop off. Tying up the wedding tackle doesn't seems to be a bit risky.
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:28 am

nonchalant obsession wrote::puzzled: Was the book illustrated? :lol:

In fact, it was. ;)

deliriumtree wrote:They must not tie it too tight. Sometimes to castrate an animal farmers will just tie the bits off til the blood circulation dies, then they just drop off. Tying up the wedding tackle doesn't seems to be a bit risky.

I wonder if any poor unfortunate Maori man ever made that mistake. Since they did it for "modesty" reasons (the very idea of this never fails to crack me up, BTW) I imagine that would be deeply embarassing for him, the equivalent of having your pants fall down in public. Except with the added distress of it being a body part. :shock: :o

Ok this conversation is starting to freak me out, lol.

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:39 am

Stop...I'm crying. :roll2: :roll2:
Image..Image..Image

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:28 am

Me too, but....Ummmmm, getting back to topic, who's going to mention this to the J-Dogg? :lol: :rolls:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:09 am

Hee hee! Um, not it. ;)

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:28 pm

Heh, heh, mock - :rolls:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Great H » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:55 pm

Err... where do I go for that TMZ video? :puzzled: The linkee doesn't seem to take me to the right place and I can't fiiiind it!...*wails*

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:00 pm

I just got this google alert. http://www.torontosun.com/travel/usa/20 ... 47081.html I'm like :puzzled: until I got to this part....

"In the midst of all this hipsterism, there is Rockmount Ranch Wear, a western clothing store whose founder, Papa Jack Weil, is credited with inventing the snap-button western shirt.

Weil, who started the store in 1946, wanted to give cowboys a shirt they could call their own. They already had boots and jeans, but they wore regular work shirts. Weil designed a slim-fitting shirt, less likely to snag on a horn or saddle. If a shirt did get caught, the snap buttons would undo without tearing the shirt.

The shirt quickly became standard work wear for ranch hands and wannabe cowboys. Weil, who went to that big ranch house in the sky in 2008, lived to 106 -- long enough to see his shirts on Elvis, Nick Cage, and even Jermaine Clement and Bret McKenzie of Flight of the Concords, formerly New Zealand's fourth-most popular comedy-folk duo."

Heeehee..."less likely to snag on a horn or saddle. If a shirt did get caught", (by an amorous fan perhaps?) ..."the snap buttons would undo without tearing the shirt. The shirt quickly became standard work wear for..." Jemaine on tour in 2010....easily bursting forth to reveal sparkly spandex and mountains of chest hair. :lol: (is there any better sound than an entire shirt full of snap buttons giving way simultaneously?)

I don't blame Weil for hanging on to the age of 106, just to see those slim-fitting shirts grace the chests of the Conchords. Totally worth it. (Though Bret needs the company to design an even slimmer fit methinks.)
Image..Image..Image

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:41 am

From Pajiba's Twitter page. Jemaine is being considered to play the lead role in the screen adaptation of 'The Game' by Neil Strauss. 8)

Jemaine Clement eyeing lead role in Neil Strass' "The Game." #thehollywoodcog

Source

Regarding Jemaine:

he's in the mix. That's all I know. Used to be Russell Brand attached.

Source

According to Wiki:

The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pick-up Artists (Also known as The game. Undercover in the Secret Society of Pickup Artists) is a non-fictional book written by investigative reporter Neil Strauss as a chronicle of his journey and encounters in the seduction community.

In the book, he adopts the pseudonym Style and details encounters with women as he studies with "experts" at seducing women.

You can read more info about the book being made into a film here and here.

Really hope this is true! :D (this will be split into a separate thread if it turns out to be true! :D)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:19 am

Venus wrote:Really hope this is true! :D.

Me too! I don't think I could imagine a role I would more like to see Jemaine play, actually. :lol:

edit - hmm, I just read the second link. I actually don't know anything about this guy, I'm off to learn more through the magic of Google. ;)

edit x2 - How interesting. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seduction_community

Check this out too: http://www.stylelife.com/phase2xl/

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:13 pm

The practice of going out with the purpose of meeting females is known as "sarging", a term coined by Ross Jeffries, after his cat "Sarge." A pickup artist can "sarge" alone, or with a wingman.

All the acronyms in that Wiki article are cracking me up. :lol:

LOL. I would love to see Jemaine's take on this. He's had practice playing offensive males, that's for sure. And if anyone could make us love a 'pickup artist', Jemaine is probably the one.
Image..Image..Image

Return to “Jemaine Clement”