R-R-R-R-Random Jemaine Discussion

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
claire
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: R-R-R-R-Random Jemaine Discussion

Postby claire » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:15 pm

when i first saw the show i was more drawn to jemaine because he's so magnetic on screen and as jj mentioned i loved his subtle facial expressions and dry delivery--and then getting into their songs and live act aside from the show showed me another dimension to them, he's mega sexy onstage, i mentioned to my friend as we were walking to town hall to see them that i started to develop a little crush on jemaine (and she said really, i think bret's cuter, lol)and at that point i had only seen the show, never listened to the rest of the songs or even seen live clips on youtube--after the show i was like whoa that guy is HOT (and i could barely see them! lol)

i think the most attractive thing about jemaine is he has that rare combination of masculinity and gentleness, that whole ogre in the library thing... :)
that's frozen cool...

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:33 pm

I agree with everything you said. For me though there was no magnetism at the concert. J was just an dot in the abyss and I couldn't hear alot of the banter so I got very little sense of who was onstage. But I won't complain about that because I felt lucky to have tickets at all and meeting them afterwards, when I had no prior expectations of that, was beyond cool. Claire, why didn't you and your friend wait for Bret & J after the show? Did you not know they would be meeting with fans?
90% evil
ImageImage

claire

Postby claire » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:53 pm

it didn't even occur to me they'd come out and meet fans, and i was a pretty new fan at that point (just two months ago!) so i hadn't even been on this board to read about them doing meet and greets at other shows, i joined the day after our show--of course i quickly became a big fan after that and was kicking myself at that point!! it was a tuesday night and my friend lives all the way on the east end of long island, i had like and hour and a half train ride but she had to drive another hour home from there so our only thought was to run to catch the train...

i know i could barely see them at the show but for some reason the sixiness still came through for me, lol--i really didn't know what to expect, i had no idea what their live show would be like, i thought at first they were going to kind of play the characters from the show while singing the songs (like being at a conchords gig inside the show, lol) but hearing their true personalities come through onstage and getting to see that other side of them really got me...

and i don't mean to only gush about jemaine (tho i guess this is his thread!) i do adore bret for all the same reasons except as you said sw in a more platonic way, lol...(tho i think he's gorgeous too!)
that's frozen cool...

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:16 pm

Since I attended the first show of the tour I didn’t know if they’d meet & greet or not. I’m just glad my friend spotted the group gathered outside as we were driving away and that we decided to join them. The timing couldn’t have been more perfect. Within 10 minutes of us standing there B&J came out and J just headed right at me first – I still think that’s kind of weird but awesome of course. My first post here was the day after. I had seen many YouTube clips so that gave me an idea of how their show would be.

As for Bret - after having witnessed him in action with fans I simply can’t say enough good things about him so I won’t even start.
90% evil
ImageImage

aom192
Half a shapely halibut

Postby aom192 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:25 pm

altho this is supposed to be about jemaine...can u mention some things about what bret did???
Ah Gandolf...I like what you've done with your beard.

We'll never make it...there's thousands of them and only about 8 of us!
Oh no!
We made it.
Hurray!

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:47 pm

My own interaction with him in Philly was brief but awesome. He very sweetly directed me where to stand for the pic when I had temporarily lost my mind, he gripped me hard and giggled at a few things my friend said and looked me in the eye and thanked me for coming. It was in NYC 2 nights later that I really just observed him with everyone and he impressed me as a warm, vivacious, little tornado of charm. He seemed energized by being with fans and treated them like they were long lost friends. He was very sweet, generous and accommodating to everyone, very good natured and playful. Hopefully some of that translates in the pics I took.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shebearess ... 954297754/
90% evil
ImageImage

aom192
Half a shapely halibut

Postby aom192 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:13 pm

awww....nw i want to live in america....jus so i cud go to the shows...

Oh no!
We made it.
Hurray!

claire

Postby claire » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:26 am

nice to see your pics again sw, bret has such a kindness and gentleness in his face and his smile is so warm and genuine...
that's frozen cool...

JulesJules
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby JulesJules » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:55 pm

he's got this smolderingly hot thing going on without even trying or even being aware of it, and on top of all that he's mega talented, funny, smart, seemingly sweet and exudes this kind of innocence

YIS! You captured it perfectly, IMO. I'd add "with a touch of snark"

I was immediately drawn to Jemaine when first seeing the show too, and on the show, Bret often has such a silly or even vacant look on his face (I know it's intentional!), but then on some episode or other, I was struck by the fact that Bret is really, really very good-looking. It surprised me! LOL To be honest, if I were to simply bump into Bret on my daily commuter train (very likely I'm sure), I'd be just as thrilled as if it were Jemaine.

eta: This is now my favorite thread. I'm still a relatively new fan, still in the gushing and adoring phase. :lol:

claire

Postby claire » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:14 pm

me too i'm a new fan so that's why i'm so gushy too! :D

but yes i'd be just as happy to meet bret too cuz i am an equal fan of both as they both make up the conchords (major hots for jem aside, lol)
that's frozen cool...

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:19 pm

claire wrote: bret has such a kindness and gentleness in his face and his smile is so warm and genuine...

Yes that's a very good way to describe it and he looks that way in nearly all of the quadrillion fan pix I've seen from the tour.

I'd be happy to run into either of them as well. It would probably be easier to talk to Bret seeing that I don't want to jump him.
90% evil
ImageImage

claire

Postby claire » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:31 pm

SheWolf wrote: It would probably be easier to talk to Bret seeing that I don't want to jump him.

exactly! :lol:
that's frozen cool...

aom192
Half a shapely halibut

Postby aom192 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:48 pm

funny...im the other way around! :)

Oh no!
We made it.
Hurray!

H....

Postby H.... » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:00 pm

I'm about 8 months into fandom, specifically the Jem kind!
Does anyone else find themselves just watching the J-Dog on screen when other characters are on it?? It's like I only concentrate on him...

Great thread by the way!
Throw us your potatoes!

claire

Postby claire » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:23 pm

JulesJules wrote: I love the way he moves

oh yes the shimmy dance and his boom dance are quite nice...
that's frozen cool...

Return to “Jemaine Clement”