Baby news...

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
halokiti
Registered Rhymnecologist

Re: Baby news...

Postby halokiti » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:10 am

The Jezebel thread for the baby news has some hilarious comments, http://jezebel.com/5077230/loose-lips#viewcomments and this pic:

Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:29 am

Thanks Halokiti. That was some silly silliness. I don't get out much, FoTC discussion-wise. So I appreciated the link.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:22 pm

I guess they decided to skip the imaginary kid route. Might regret that for the first few months of interrupted sleep. :lol:

Congrats to the whole family!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

slut_angel22@yahoo
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby slut_angel22@yahoo » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:45 pm

Some of us wish Jemaine had not skipped the imaginary wife thing too......

The middle name, Iraia, (pronounced: "EE ry ah") is actually quite lovely, I think. Very unique. Maybe that's the name they'll commonly use for him.

My brother and father both go by their middle names which is Dann - the first name is Osee - taken from the Bible, but too uncommon to use all the time, I guess.
Bret: Have been sheared.
Jemaine: Have been shorn.

H....

Postby H.... » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:34 pm

:shock: but :D :rock: :tonqe:
Throw us your potatoes!

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:39 pm

slut_angel22@yahoo wrote:Some of us wish Jemaine had not skipped the imaginary wife thing too......

:nod:
slut_angel22@yahoo wrote:The middle name, Iraia, (pronounced: "EE ry ah") is actually quite lovely, I think. Very unique. Maybe that's the name they'll commonly use for him.
EE ry ah? Sorry but I think that sounds like some bladder problem. When I looked it up it said it was a place name in Greece so I'm not buying that it's a name from Jemaine's side. (they should have chosen some cool Maori warrior name) I'm really into names and their history and let me tell you Jemaine has dissapointed me. Let's just call this child Clem Clement and be done with it. :wink:

If anyone is having a hard time imagine Jemaine with a kid perhaps this will help
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jjjjo/2319847985/
I hope Clem, I mean Soph won't be quite as freaked out by the sight of Jemaine as this chickie is.

This kind of thing irks me:
"Jemaine Clement and his wife Miranda Manasiadis gave birth to Sophocles Iraia Manasiadis Clement in New York quietly last month." --
I seriously doubt that Jemaine gave birth to anything. :roll:
90% evil
ImageImage

Amanda

Postby Amanda » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:52 pm

I've read somewhere that Iraia is a maori name..so maybe it's true and little Sophocles is also named after someone from Jemaine's maori family.. :D
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...

slut_angel22@yahoo

Postby slut_angel22@yahoo » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:24 pm

Jeez and I read it was Hebrew...

EE ry ah? Sorry but I think that sounds like some bladder problem. When I looked it up it said it was a place name in Greece so I'm not buying that it's a name from Jemaine's side. (they should have chosen some cool Maori warrior name) I'm really into names and their history and let me tell you Jemaine has dissapointed me.

I think it would sound more like Uriah - remember Uriah Heap? Only it's a long 'e' instead of a short 'u'. Like Eriah.

slut_angel22@yahoo

Postby slut_angel22@yahoo » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:28 pm

"Jemaine Clement and his wife Miranda Manasiadis gave birth to Sophocles Iraia Manasiadis Clement in New York quietly last month." --
I seriously doubt that Jemaine gave birth to anything.

You're absolutely right. Unless Miranda grabbed him by the ***** and squeezed really hard, he didn't really participate...

And I also doubt it was quiet.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:38 pm

Amanda wrote:I've read somewhere that Iraia is a maori name..so maybe it's true and little Sophocles is also named after someone from Jemaine's maori family.. :D

This is what I read:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraia.

My grandfather's name is Francis and I wouldn't be too keen to pass that along so there's no way I'd be passing along Sophocles, particularly coz it's so ripe for teasing. It's like naming your kid Einstein or Romeo.

Update: This must be what you guys are talking about:
http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.co ... Iraia.html
Looks like it's the Maori version of the Hebrew name Israel.
Last edited by SheWolf on Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
90% evil
ImageImage

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:41 pm

slut_angel22@yahoo wrote:
I seriously doubt that Jemaine gave birth to anything.

You're absolutely right. Unless Miranda grabbed him by the ***** and squeezed really hard, he didn't really participate...

And I also doubt it was quiet.

Oh that's funny, I didn't notice the "quiet" part.

I hate it when men say "we're" having a baby and pat the mother's stomach joyfully. No the woman is having a baby. When it comes out the man can say he's got it but he can't have it.

The more I think of it ee-ry-ah sounds like something a goth chick would name her daugher. Eeeeeriahhhhh.....(say it in a Vincent Price voice).
90% evil
ImageImage

slut_angel22@yahoo

Postby slut_angel22@yahoo » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:07 pm

The more I think of it ee-ry-ah sounds like something a goth chick would name her daugher. Eeeeeriahhhhh.....(say it in a Vincent Price voice).

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
I hate it when men say "we're" having a baby and pat the mother's stomach joyfully. No the woman is having a baby. When it comes out the man can say he's got it but he can't have it.

We know for a fact that the maximum amount of time Jemaine spent having to do anything with the formation and arrival of baby Soph was.....

2 minutes.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:16 pm

Bwahahaha......
yeah but it was intense.
I could make a joke about his rhymes being so potent but I won't.
90% evil
ImageImage

ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Postby ASmallTurnip » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:00 pm

halokiti wrote:The Jezebel thread for the baby news has some hilarious comments, http://jezebel.com/5077230/loose-lips#viewcomments and this pic:

Oh, hey, that was me who derailed a perfectly nice thread on Jezebel on to the general adorable ridiculousness that is the Conchords' photo art. I apologise. I got carried away, and said deeply juvenile things. I won't do it again. Very often.

I feel all confused and bewildered by Jemaine's baby news. I mean, absolutely delighted, because I think babies are awesome, and I know Jemaine will be a really wonderful dad (man, do I wish I could be there for story time at the Clement-Manasiadis household). But at the same time, there's a kind of disturbing cognitive dissonance between Jemaine The Happy Family Man and Jemaine the Lonely and Ineffectual But Very Loveable Ogre. I can't quite sort it out in mah brain.

It's all a bit much for my addled system. Perhaps gin will make it better.

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

pukeko
Lost but happy at sea

Postby pukeko » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:30 pm

Iraia- definatly a maori name, it sticks out like a sore thumb to me. It being a maori-ized version of Isaiah makes sense, a lot of european names have gotten that treatment (eg Ihaka = Isaac, Ihapera = Isabella). Also there's no 's' in the maori language, so they had to make do.

The more I think of it ee-ry-ah sounds like something a goth chick would name her daugher. Eeeeeriahhhhh.....(say it in a Vincent Price voice)

Try rolling the 'r' a little bit to get the correct pronounciation, it might sound a little bit better. Actually the maori 'r' is quite close to the english 'L' in pronounciation. Not sure, maybe that helps :dunno:

Return to “Jemaine Clement”