Baby news...

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
SheWolf
Boom King!

Re: Baby news...

Postby SheWolf » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:29 pm

I do like the middle name better, even though I can't pronounce it. :rolleyes:

Don't laugh but a fave unusual name of mine has always been Gypsy. I'm surprised no celeb has used that one yet. :lol:

I imagine Lil' Jemz to be all dark haired and chubby cheeked with an adorable smile like his dad.
90% evil
ImageImage

dangerous person
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby dangerous person » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:15 pm

I once knew a Spaniel called Gypsy..... Tainted forever in my mind!!

I'm sure little Sophocles will grow up an absolute charmer and nobody will dare laugh at his name. There will people dreaming of his name
Sophocles, Sophocles......
I can't picture Sophocles becoming an accountant however.
Nor can I imagine Apple as the CEO of a major company
Edit: oh wait, Apple could become CEO of Apple?
"We're a novelty music act, we're not a freak show"

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:32 am

I go with "Soph" - that you can call out in a supermarket looking for your kid!
Or maybe "Clete" (for SophoCles), a sports nickname - Clete Boyer did very well with it.

Whatever they decide to call him on a daily basis, I'm sure he'll do just fine. I have faith his parents will bring him up with loads of confidence, playground bullies be damned. :thumb:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Spumony5000
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Spumony5000 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:10 am

I hope so because kids can be really mean sometimes. I used to get teased in school all the time and June isn't nearly as unusual as Sophocles.
Do you want to borrow my jumper Bowie?

ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Postby ASmallTurnip » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:43 am

I'm inclined to believe, like Val, that he'll end up being called by his middle name. It's SO beautiful.

But the whole being bullied on the playground because of his name? Pfft. I think people worry too much about that kind of thing. The truth is that if you don't have a name that a bully can make something out of, he'll find something else to tease you about. 'Tis the inevitable, immutable law of the playground. No sense getting tied up in knots about it.

And as Nancy points out, a healthy and robust sense of self-confidence will see him through any of that stuff. Also, remember that there's a lot more variety in names kids have these days than when we were climbing the monkey bars. Having an unusual name just isn't that remarkable when everybody else has one, too.

Nah, I ain't worried about the little guy. He'll be fine.

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:26 am

The fact that the names are both family names gives them an immediate pass in my mind. My grandfather's name was Herman, and if I'd had a kid, I would have wanted to give him that name somehow, despite not being the most common name these days.

I was the only Alison in my classes when I was younger. Although it's not that strange a name, kids will latch onto the tiniest thing to play with a name. I was Alison Wonderland at one point, and later they just put weird emphasis on the last syllable: AliSON. Really, kids can create something out of nothing. Do I think parents should be naming their kids Pilot Inspektor or Audio Science? No, but names are getting stranger and stranger, even among the non-celebrity set. Most likely, there will be a couple of odd names in a class, so all the pressure won't be on one kid, and the names might not seem so weird, either. I figure little Sophocles is bound to get teased one way or the other, since he's got the last name Clement. Clementine/fruit references are bound to be made at some point. And then he'll grow up and move on. ;)
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:31 pm

Spumony5000 wrote:I used to get teased in school all the time and June isn't nearly as unusual as Sophocles.

:goodman:

If kids are intent on teasing they'll find ammunition. I just feel that if I were a parent I wouldn't want to knowingly provide such an easy target. It doesn't matter how much confidence parents instill in you, teasing is still gonna sting. But that's the world. And little Soph will take his knocks like the rest of us but he will survive just like we did. :nod:
90% evil
ImageImage

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:43 pm

Nancy Hillner wrote:I go with "Soph" - that you can call out in a supermarket looking for your kid!
Soph sounds good to me and it seems the natural nickname for Sophocles.
Nancy Hillner wrote:Or maybe "Clete" (for SophoCles), a sports nickname - Clete Boyer did very well with it.
Or maybe Cleese if they are John Cleese fans. Cleese Clement, now that's got a ring to it. :wink:
90% evil
ImageImage

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:33 am

Indy, Alison Wonderland sounds like you had a very imaginative playground, or a bunch of punsters!
We used to try to find names that would make a phrase, like Freda Slaves, Bertha Venation, Anita Mann, don't get me started, we had pages of them! :roll:

SW, Cleese Clement - :D
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:39 pm

Nancy Hillner wrote:Freda Slaves, Bertha Venation, Anita Mann, don't get me started, we had pages of them! :roll:

:lol: Luv it.
90% evil
ImageImage

bakergirl30
Getting lewd with the food

Postby bakergirl30 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:11 pm

SheWolf wrote:Not that anyone cares but I'll be calling this kid either Clem, Jem Jr., The J-Pup, or my favorite, Little Mr. Poopy Pants.

That is some funny funny stuff! I LOVE The J-Pup.. :P

ahaha nice..
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Jemaine Clement”