Jemaine's Lisp

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Re: Jemaine's Lisp

Postby mockingbird » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:13 pm

Sherry wrote:Leonard Cohen (apparently a Jemaine favourite)

OK, I'm gonna get all Mel on y'all for a second here. This is going to sound crazy, but every time I get a little snippet of information about Jemaine, I get all excited and my heart skips a beat because I swear, WE ARE THE SAME PERSON. Well, OK, he's a lot better looking, talented, successful, yadda yadda yadda but whatever - the point is, LC is one of my all time favorite poet/musicians. I would never think a funny man like Jemaine would be a LC fan. I spent a very mopey year in my early 20s listening to nothing but LC.

I could go on and on about this, but I will spare you all because I'm sure it's not very interesting to anyone except me. But, if I ever get a chance to hang out with him like Sherry (of whom we are all envious to the point of nausea) I will have plenty of things to talk about.

Sherry wrote: He had a man bag back then also. Does that help?

I do not find this hard to believe AT ALL. :lol: Remember that geeky old picture of Jemaine that was kicking around the internet for a while, the one where he looks like he's about 16? He has a man bag in that picture.

slut_angel22@yahoo
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby slut_angel22@yahoo » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:27 pm

Thank you Sherry and if you remember anything else, please just interject - any snippet at all - we are starving for this stuff. I won't mention how I am amongst the envious also.

I could go on and on about this, but I will spare you all because I'm sure it's not very interesting to anyone except me.

No no no...it interests me as I spent a very mopey 18th year engrossed in Leonard. Did it have something to do with a less than nice boyfriend? Mine did. Leonard Cohen seems to be the one to listen to when things are looking bleak.
Bret: Have been sheared.
Jemaine: Have been shorn.

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:41 pm

slut_angel22@yahoo wrote: Did it have something to do with a less than nice boyfriend? Mine did. Leonard Cohen seems to be the one to listen to when things are looking bleak.

As a matter of fact, it did. :lol: Oh, Christian, you beautiful jerk. He went back to his ex-girlfriend and married her. Ten years later, he went bald. :twisted: So, it took some time, but it all worked out.

slut_angel22@yahoo

Postby slut_angel22@yahoo » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:10 pm

As a matter of fact, it did. Oh, Christian, you beautiful jerk.

Mine's name was Bobby, with a nickname of "Punchy", which he was. A boxer, who would feign undying love and then disappear for weeks at a time. He's the one who introduced me to the music of Leonard Cohen - I guess he knew I would be needing something to listen to. Ugh at the thought of both Punchy Bobby and Bald Christian - let's talk about Jemaine :heart: :love: :heart: and the absence of his lisp. Speaking of which, I have heard a hint of one when Dr. Ronald Chevalier discusses The Art of Relaxating. I hear it very gently when he states he is "feeling so stressed out".

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:59 am

slut_angel22@yahoo wrote:I have heard a hint of one when Dr. Ronald Chevalier discusses The Art of Relaxating. I hear it very gently when he states he is "feeling so stressed out".

Hmm. Maybe this is where the confusion is coming from. Or, maybe Ozpot is just really in tune to the Chevalier vibe.

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:57 am

Here's that picture I was talking about:

It's a beacon of light in the darkness, for all those awkward teenage boys out there, that there's hope for them yet. (Note the telltale strap.)

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:49 am

mockingbird wrote:Here's that picture I was talking about:

It's a beacon of light in the darkness, for all those awkward teenage boys out there, that there's hope for them yet. (Note the telltale strap.)

That pic was the first one I ever got of Jemaine for my stash. Its that old. Can't remember where or when it was taken now.

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:57 pm

Well, if you remember, let us know... I wonder how old he actually is in this picture. I'm guessing maybe 20?

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:14 pm

mockingbird wrote:Well, if you remember, let us know... I wonder how old he actually is in this picture. I'm guessing maybe 20?

I want to say 21. I think I read in an interview where he was talking about that picture and said he was 21.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:15 pm

mockingbird wrote:Well, if you remember, let us know... I wonder how old he actually is in this picture. I'm guessing maybe 20?

I'm sure its from a modelling agency from way back. 2000, 2001. Jemaine had a profile on one and this might have been a casual headshot pic. Or was that another one. Darn I need to get to my old files and check.

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:18 pm

the point is, LC is one of my all time favorite poet/musicians. I would never think a funny man like Jemaine would be a LC fan.

I think Leonard Cohen can be very funny. His sense of humor is very dark. Also comedians worth their salt know about the dark - it's a fine line between laughing and crying.

Sherry, I love that story because it's very cool to see Bret, Jemaine and Taika as just regular kids starting out. Thank you for sharing.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

AEW21
Lost but happy at sea

Postby AEW21 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:32 pm

Sherry:
Ummm Jemaine didn't drink. He was on OJ all night. Me on the other hand, a few malt whiskeys were consumed I think Jemaine was the only one not drinking alcohol.

Do we know--does he ever drink? I know they boys on the show aren't drinkers, but I can't think of any real life fan encounter I've ever read of Jemaine partaking in a drink. Bret, yes, J., no...

slut_angel22@yahoo

Postby slut_angel22@yahoo » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:34 pm

I'm sure its from a modelling agency from way back. 2000, 2001. Jemaine had a profile on one and this might have been a casual headshot pic.

No wonder he knows how to do his little turn on the catwalk, yeah on the catwalk , on the catwalk yeah
he does his little turn on the catwalk and he shakes his little touche on the catwalk. He's too sexy for this forum...too sexy by far :waggle:

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:51 pm

AEW21 wrote:Sherry:
Ummm Jemaine didn't drink. He was on OJ all night. Me on the other hand, a few malt whiskeys were consumed I think Jemaine was the only one not drinking alcohol.

Do we know--does he ever drink? I know they boys on the show aren't drinkers, but I can't think of any real life fan encounter I've ever read of Jemaine partaking in a drink. Bret, yes, J., no...

My understanding is that Jemaine doesn't drink alcohol. He said that himself to me ages back and has been noted to not drink alcohol by others.

Of course, I take a lot of things J says with a pinch of salt. Sometimes its hard to know if he is on a wind up. But I think on that he was being honest.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:56 pm

Sherry wrote: I take a lot of things J says with a pinch of salt. Sometimes its hard to know if he is on a wind up.
FWIW in my brief encounters and observations I would agree with this. :nod:
90% evil
ImageImage

Return to “Jemaine Clement”