2007 Interview With Jemaine

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
LauraK
Boom King!

2007 Interview With Jemaine

Postby LauraK » Sat May 30, 2009 3:58 am

This is an interview with Jemaine around the time Eagle Vs. Shark came out. It's quite a good one- and while I'm sure it's here somewhere, I couldn't find it. So for those- like me- who hadn't read this before:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=20926
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: 2007 Interview With Jemaine

Postby songbird » Sat May 30, 2009 4:15 am

Great interview!!
Aww, it's so funny that Jemaine regretted doing his hair like that for E vs S...I personally LOVE LOVE LOVED his hair in the movie, it was one of my fav things about him in the film :D
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sat May 30, 2009 4:20 am

Thanks LauraK. I just saw EvS. I laughed out loud, and blushed with embarrassment for Jemaine. :oops: After about 20 minutes I forgot it was Jemaine and started watching Jarrod. Quirky and fun movie. Touching too. Who knew the Prime Minister of New Zealand was such a good actor?

One of the themes???: Stalkers, don't give up and you just might get your man... :rolleyes: I could totally relate to Lily's anticipation and awe in the prescence of Jarrod. :wink:

Oh, back to the article... How fun to have a glimpse of Jemaine just before the HBO show started and the movie came out! I'll bet things changed quickly after that. I loved to read him talking about whether the movie was romantic. Great answer J.

There are little sweet moments anywhere that Mr. Clement is... :tonqe: (even with a mullet)
Image..Image..Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat May 30, 2009 4:27 am

I loved the picture of Jem that accompanied the article but I couldn't get it to upload to my photobucket. *whine* Viry nice....it's probably already in the photo thread anyway....

I like that he mentioned doing shows with Taika that were like big, weird versions of Saturday Night Live....since we've been discussing that!

And that Jarrod "was like a very grumpy version of myself." :lol:
ImageImage

helgecko
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby helgecko » Sat May 30, 2009 4:27 am

I love the one comment that's been left for that article :lol:
It's all about the music.

Image Image Image Image

Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Corrine » Sat May 30, 2009 4:31 am

Thanks for posting the article. I hadn't seen that one.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat May 30, 2009 4:31 am

:bounce: I missed that! Wow....just....wow. :lol:
ImageImage

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sat May 30, 2009 12:14 pm

LauraK wrote:I like that he mentioned doing shows with Taika that were like big, weird versions of Saturday Night Live....since we've been discussing that!

*Very* weird for sure. TBH SNL has nothing on those two and their live stuff. I absolutely loved their live stage stuff and at the time preferred it over the Conchords set. I was crying at their act and at one point laughed so loudly when no one else did as I totally got something Taika did and I don't think the other 17 or so people watching really did. I think Taika and Jemaine work so well together and Jemaine had/s a very different presence when performing physical comedy with Taika. His partnership with Bret is much more gentle because of what the Conchords do. Jemaine and Taika can unleash their stuff in an act and really get their teeth into the material they create and Jemaine gets to act also. Also Taika has this amazing energy about him. Maybe not so much when off stage, but on it, he's very switched on.

I'd love more live stuff from Humourbeasts but don't expect it to happen. I recall Taika not really liking the whole Edinburgh experience and not wanting to come back and do it over again. But they may well do something at home and take on the road to a few places there. I think Taika likes it behind the camera and writing more these days also. But he has such a great personality and is a fun bloke, so I don't think another stab at comedy himself or with others live is out of the question.

And yes, I remember posting this on the main site when it ran. Can't remember where it is on the forum, I think in the Jemaine section somewhere.

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Sat May 30, 2009 5:53 pm

Was this originally an audio interview? For some reason as I was reading it I could hear Jemaine's voice speaking very clearly in my head, as though I'd heard him say the words before. I hope that makes sense and doesn't sound too crazy, lol.

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sun May 31, 2009 1:27 am

Sherry wrote:
LauraK wrote:I like that he mentioned doing shows with Taika that were like big, weird versions of Saturday Night Live....since we've been discussing that!

*Very* weird for sure. TBH SNL has nothing on those two and their live stuff. I absolutely loved their live stage stuff and at the time preferred it over the Conchords set. I was crying at their act and at one point laughed so loudly when no one else did as I totally got something Taika did and I don't think the other 17 or so people watching really did. I think Taika and Jemaine work so well together and Jemaine had/s a very different presence when performing physical comedy with Taika. His partnership with Bret is much more gentle because of what the Conchords do. Jemaine and Taika can unleash their stuff in an act and really get their teeth into the material they create and Jemaine gets to act also. Also Taika has this amazing energy about him. Maybe not so much when off stage, but on it, he's very switched on.

I'd love more live stuff from Humourbeasts but don't expect it to happen. I recall Taika not really liking the whole Edinburgh experience and not wanting to come back and do it over again. But they may well do something at home and take on the road to a few places there. I think Taika likes it behind the camera and writing more these days also. But he has such a great personality and is a fun bloke, so I don't think another stab at comedy himself or with others live is out of the question.

And yes, I remember posting this on the main site when it ran. Can't remember where it is on the forum, I think in the Jemaine section somewhere.

Are there any videos of the Humourbeasts/Jemaine and Taika's performances floating around on the Internet by any chance because I'd love to see them?

And thanks LauraK for the interview :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sun May 31, 2009 3:20 am

Venus wrote:Are there any videos of the Humourbeasts/Jemaine and Taika's performances floating around on the Internet by any chance because I'd love to see them?

Me too! I've become majorly intrigued since reading Sherry's description but I can't seem to find anything.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:27 am

I don't think I've ever read that article.

Jemaine made candles?

Sherry's description of the Humourbeasts is intriguing. Perhaps we don't see many sides of Jemaine. For instance what I see of Taika, and my impression of him, he seems quite a different person to Jemaine but perhaps he isn't really.
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:07 am

I went looking and bumped a Humourbeasts thread over in Jemaine's section...it's quite a fun read for those who haven't seen it before. (Like me.) :)
ImageImage

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:23 am

SheWolf wrote:Jemaine made candles?

Hee hee! :D I know, right? For some reason this is very funny to me, while at the same time being very sweet and touching. I wonder what kind of candles they were.

LauraK, thanks for resurrecting that Humorbeasts thread, it's pretty interesting.

Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Peaches » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:28 am

I didn't know Jem's dad was Australian?! Jeez...some kind of fan I am :roll:
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Jemaine Clement”