Eagle vs Shark

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Re: Eagle vs Shark

Postby Venus » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:59 pm

Thanks DaMango for the screencaps :D

Maze wrote:Owning this DVD would be mighty dangerous for me...I already spend an almost unhealthy amount of time watching or exercising to the S1 or 2 DVD's. For now, I just have to keep loaning it from the library, whenever it's available. :lol:

When I was listening to the Jem commentary, there was a bit of chatter about Loren bearing some resemblance to Princess Diana (can you believe it's been 12 years -yesterday - since she passed away?). I never would have noticed that before but I guess if I look for a similarity in the face or expression, I see a bit of her in Lily. Anybody else see it?

I do see the a slight resemblance now after it was pointed out in the commentary :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:22 pm

That family portrait makes my heart ache for Jarrod. :( He looks so small and sad. And everybody else's body language is conspiring to exclude him. It's OK, Jarrod - we know you RULE. :supz: :lol: Um, when you're not acting like a total ass, that is. :roll:

funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby funny schipperke » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:59 am

So I just got done watching this for the seventy-billionth time and I can't believe I never noticed this before! In the scene where Jarrod's dad is watching the video with Gordon winning the marathon and Jarrod comes in to tell him about him and Tracy dating, in the video the dad is watching at one point the dad is hugging Gordon and Jarrod comes up to hug them both and the dad yells at him to get away. Then it shows Jarrod kind of sulking away. I always wondered why one moment Jarrod seemed happy and excited for his brother and the next he's walking away, shoulder slumped and hands in his pocket. I don't know how I managed to miss the part where his dad screams at him to get away! :doh: :oops:
Image Image

bakergirl30
Getting lewd with the food

Postby bakergirl30 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:01 am

funny schipperke wrote:So I just got done watching this for the seventy-billionth time and I can't believe I never noticed this before! In the scene where Jarrod's dad is watching the video with Gordon winning the marathon and Jarrod comes in to tell him about him and Tracy dating, in the video the dad is watching at one point the dad is hugging Gordon and Jarrod comes up to hug them both and the dad yells at him to get away. Then it shows Jarrod kind of sulking away. I always wondered why one moment Jarrod seemed happy and excited for his brother and the next he's walking away, shoulder slumped and hands in his pocket. I don't know how I managed to miss the part where his dad screams at him to get away! :doh: :oops:

I know I've seen that part but I never noticed it was Jarrod! Wow! Now I really need to go back and watch it! :lol:
Great observation FunnyS :D
ImageImageImageImage

funny schipperke

Postby funny schipperke » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:06 am

It's kind of hard to tell it's him because he's wearing a baseball cap. I was never really certain if it was him or not, but now I'm sure it is.
Image Image

songbird

Postby songbird » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:03 am

Aww, poor Jarrod :(
I've really got to watch this movie again...
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image

Hot Jam
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Hot Jam » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:36 pm

bakergirl30 wrote:
funny schipperke wrote:So I just got done watching this for the seventy-billionth time and I can't believe I never noticed this before! In the scene where Jarrod's dad is watching the video with Gordon winning the marathon and Jarrod comes in to tell him about him and Tracy dating, in the video the dad is watching at one point the dad is hugging Gordon and Jarrod comes up to hug them both and the dad yells at him to get away. Then it shows Jarrod kind of sulking away. I always wondered why one moment Jarrod seemed happy and excited for his brother and the next he's walking away, shoulder slumped and hands in his pocket. I don't know how I managed to miss the part where his dad screams at him to get away! :doh: :oops:

I know I've seen that part but I never noticed it was Jarrod! Wow! Now I really need to go back and watch it! :lol:
Great observation FunnyS :D

Huh. Yes, very great observation, FunnyS! That scene always makes me feel like I'm searching for Jarrod but never have been able to pick him up. I agree with bakergirl and will need to go back to watch it as well. (Of course that means watch the whole movie. Ah, such an arduous task... :roll: :D.)
"Where does the instrument begin and the man start?"
"Funny you should say that. That's how I feel when I play it."
- Bret and Jemaine, Omnichord banter, Radio City Music Hall, 4/15/2009

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:51 pm

I noticed it the first time I watched the movie...and it was excruciating for me....it makes me sad for Jarrod just thinking about it... :cry: ... no wonder he ends up such a jerk!

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:10 pm

I never even noticed Jarrod in the video.
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:34 pm

I remember that...just more heartbreaking for poor Jarrod.....I really wanted to see a sequel and see how Jarrod and his Dad might begin to get closer and their family a bit less dysfunctional with Lily in it. :) But it's all in my head regardless.....
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

munchkin
Half a shapely halibut

Postby munchkin » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:11 pm

Sorry to come to this so late. I've only discovered this film because my friend (who knows I like FotC) brought it to me as I'm a bit poorly and can't get out.

I can#t possible read all 90+pages, but have read some. I found the film to be funny, charming, endearing and poignant.

Did anyone else feel that both Jared and Lily (and their respective family members) seemed to have some Asperger's traits? Or is that just me?

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:41 pm

Haha, don't worry...I didn't read all 90 pages either :)

I don't really know much about Aspergers (except isn't it pronounced ASSBURGERS?) but I do think they had some kind of social awkwardness.
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

munchkin
Half a shapely halibut

Postby munchkin » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:11 am

Yes! One of the features is ofter social akwardness.

Someone I know has some traits and when I said to her that I got the feeling that a particular group of people didn't like me much she said "oh, yes. **** said he used to dislike you the most but now he dislikes *** even more". It wasn't said with any malice, just as a statement of fact.
Doesn't do your confidence much good though--I'm still smarting a bit!

Back to topic! I find it amazing how hot Jemaine looks, even when trying to look all geeky!!

or is that just me?

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:33 am

Oh no, you're not alone on that one!

Even with the mullet...bad clothes...bad glasses...he still looks good :waggle:
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:35 am

Peaches wrote:Oh no, you're not alone on that one!

Even with the mullet...bad clothes...bad glasses...he still looks good :waggle:

Uhuh!! HOT! :nod: :waggle: IMHO. :D
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Jemaine Clement”