Eagle vs Shark

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
closet jemainiac

Re: Eagle vs Shark

Postby closet jemainiac » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:36 am

yis

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:00 am

I just showed my friend Jonathan this movie today and he seemed to really enjoy it. He fiddled with his phone during the "slow" parts, but he really seemed to follow it and laughed at all the right parts and "aww"ed at all the right parts too :D

I think I'm turning him into a FOTC fan...*rubs hands together evilly* :snakeman:

LikeACurry
Consistently Mediocre

Postby LikeACurry » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:33 am

I found Eagle vs Shark on the movie channel this evening, that was a nice surprise :D I haven't seen it in awhile and almost forgot what a sweet movie it is and how beautiful Jemaine is as Jarrod :heart:
Oh, it was always "Bowie's bumped into a door..."
ImageImageImage

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:56 pm

My Eagle vs Shark soundtrack CD arrived today! :yay: I'm glad I finally have it! I'm actually listening to it now. Lily's version of 'Apples and Tangerines' is so sweet. I'm loving every single track! :lalala:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

onefeathertail
Half a shapely halibut

Postby onefeathertail » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:02 pm

That's fantastic, Venus! :yay:

Where did you manage to snag one? I saw two on eBay recently but lost to both. I thought I had the upper hand bidding in the last eight seconds. I did not.

I then attempted to buy the soundtrack via iTunes but struck out again when it was only available in the American store. Then a very good friend of mine bought it for me and sent me the tracks, so I too am listening to the soundtrack as we speak. Over a year of waiting it out has finally paid off.

:biggrin:

Venus

Postby Venus » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:14 pm

I got it off eBay! Ooh that might have been me who won a CD you bid for then...sorry! I'm really glad to hear that you have the soundtrack now though! :yay: It's brilliant isn't it? I totally know what you mean about how difficult it is to get the soundtrack these days. I've always had it in the back of my mind that I wanted the soundtrack and tried looking for a period of time with no luck. Then I saw someone had put it up on eBay recently so I knew I had to have it. ;)
&

onefeathertail
Half a shapely halibut

Postby onefeathertail » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:20 pm

That was probably the first one I tried for. I can't even look at you anymore.

:lol:

And it is. It also happens to be the most elusive album ever. But I've always loved "Apples and Tangerines" along with a lot of the instrumentals which, of course, aren't on any of the Phoenix Foundation's albums so it's such a breath of fresh air finally having them all. And of course the other gems.

:supz:

Venus

Postby Venus » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:48 pm

I actually had a feeling that I probably knew the person I was bidding against. :roll2: Did an eBay auction you bid for finish as recently as yesterday because I won in the very last seconds? :lol: (I'm really chuffed that it only took one day for the CD to arrive!)

Yes, Apples and Tangerines is probably my favourite song on the soundtrack or definitely amongst my faves! The soundbites and Taika's random 'Not So Hidden' track at he end are hilarious. :lol:
Last edited by Venus on Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
&

onefeathertail
Half a shapely halibut

Postby onefeathertail » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:53 pm

Yes, I had a good giggle to myself at the not so hidden track.

That's the one. I was so certain that with my bid of almost $50AUS I was going to win, with just eight seconds to spare. Oh, how self-assured I was, head held high and fingers already in my wallet. Cockiness did not become of me. I remember my friend telling me that whoever it was who won probably had an autosnipe on -- but who would want to autosnipe an offbeat, indie New Zealand film soundtrack?

No. I assured her it was 95% a WTF!er.

For a minute a hated you. :lol:

Venus

Postby Venus » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:06 am

onefeathertail wrote:Yes, I had a good giggle to myself at the not so hidden track.

That's the one. I was so certain that with my bid of almost $50AUS I was going to win, with just eight seconds to spare. Oh, how self-assured I was, head held high and fingers already in my wallet. Cockiness did not become of me. I remember my friend telling me that whoever it was who won probably had an autosnipe on -- but who would want to autosnipe an offbeat, indie New Zealand film soundtrack?

No. I assured her it was 95% a WTF!er.

For a minute a hated you. :lol:

:rolls: You can be rest assured that I do not own autosnipe software. All I had was an hour to spare in between lectures, a computer on campus and fast clicking speed! :lol: I actually had to write a 1,500 word essay on eBay auctions once but I hardly learnt about proper tactics.

I'm sorry that I caused you misery for a short period of time. :hug: ;)
&

onefeathertail
Half a shapely halibut

Postby onefeathertail » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:07 am

:rolls:

My frustration was omnipresent. But all is well. In the end, we both won.

Venus

Postby Venus » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:38 am

Indeed! ;)
&

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:53 am

You can buy the soundtrack off iTunes for like $10 :) unlimited quantities...if you're into that...

Venus

Postby Venus » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:58 am

Yep, it's only available on the American iTunes store (it may be available in other countries too) but not the UK iTunes store and none seem to be available on Amazon at the moment which makes it harder to track down for the rest of us.
&

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:16 am

Hmmm, I can't remember if I got mine off eBay or Amazon but I know that I had no trouble at the time.....

oft...8 seconds is a lot of time...don't click Bid until 4 seconds or so, then a quick confirm and you should have it....unless the other person's high bid is ridiculously high! :)

Venus, you're ruthless, lol! :lol:

That disc makes me happy....
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Return to “Jemaine Clement”