Jemaine in Austin for Fantastic Fest

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Jemaine in Austin for Fantastic Fest

Postby tvldiva » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:22 pm

Just saw this tweet-
Jemaine Clement and Jared Hess to kick off Fantastic Fest 2009 - full press release here: http://blog.fantasticfest.c...

Looks like Gentleman Broncos will kick off this film festival. This is a not your typical movie festival, it will have the occasional "normal" films, but the program is usually chocked full of movies aimed to the hard core film geek. This festival is very small but draws huge crowds.
Why don't you accept me as your God!?

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Re: Jemaine in Austin for Fantastic Fest

Postby mockingbird » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:34 pm

Aw, that's fabulous! When is this festival again?? I need to go check out the link. I'm actually going to be in Dallas next week! I'll be in the same state as Jemaine! Ha ha! I'm mostly kidding but I have to admit I always get a little bit excited when I hear that Jemaine is in the States. I know, I'm such a dork. :roll: But, you all know what this means, don't you? Soon we will have NEW PICTURES OF JEMAINE to gaze upon!! Oh yeah, and the movie will finally come out soon too I guess. :lol:

edit: Oh, I can't check out the link. Can you post the whole thing?

edit #2: http://blog.fantasticfest.com/?p=331 It was over on the GB thread. Looks like it's not going on until late September, oh well, I'll be in Kentucky, AKA The Land Where Nothing Ever Happens. :roll:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:42 pm

Here's more info on the prices/badges/etc:

http://2009.fantasticfest.com/Page.aspx ... ickets2009
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby funny schipperke » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:42 pm

The festival is September 24-October 1. I'm actually debating buying a badge so I can go to this... $150 I can't really afford to spend, but.... it's Jemaine we're talking about after all. He would be sooo worth it. :D

Here's the link: http://blog.fantasticfest.com/?p=331

And here's what it says:

Gentlemen Broncos to kick off Fantastic Fest 2009
A couple of months ago, the Fantastic Fest programming team had the pleasure of viewing an early cut of Gentlemen Broncos and absolutely loved it. In his third film, Hess continues to craft his very rich alternate-reality universe dominated by awkward but lovable losers, inappropriate fabric pairings and charmingly homespun handicrafts. The themes of creativity and fantasy (let alone the interspersed movie-within-a-movie recreations of our protagonist’s sci-fi epic Yeast Lords) make this the perfect film to kick off the 5th edition of Fantastic Fest. We will be announcing more details about this very special screening and after-party in subsequent press releases, but suffice it to say we are ecstatic to be kicking off the festival with the likes of director Jared Hess, screenwriter Jerusha Hess and star Jemaine Clement live in person.
Image Image

funny schipperke

Postby funny schipperke » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:44 pm

OMG... I was so excited I didn't even really read the whole thing myself. I just realized it says "very special screening and after-party"... I could be partying with Jemaine!!
Gah!... :twisted: buy a badge, :halo: save your money, :twisted: buy a badge, :halo: save your money
Image Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:45 pm

FS- check out the link I put up....you don't have to buy the badge.....Jemaine's only going to be there for the opening, right?
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

funny schipperke

Postby funny schipperke » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:48 pm

Are you talking about the individual tickets?

2009 INDIVIDUAL SHOW TICKETS:
Due to increased sales of festival badges, individual show tickets will mainly be available day of show in person at the Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar. It is unlikely that individual show tickets will be available for high profile screenings such as our opening and closing night films and secret screenings. These shows will likely be limited to badge holders only.
Image Image

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:49 pm

Now I'm curious to know how much it would be to fly out to Austin for the opening. Hmmm...

Off to expedia.com! :bolt:
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:33 pm

To anyone in Austin or surrounding areas -

Have you considered volunteering for the fest? It might be a good way to see some shows for free and you get to be backstage and all. I'd do it myself if it weren't for the orientation dates in August.

Fantastic Fest is looking for volunteers (18 years and older, please) for the 2009 festival. We need you to stand face to face with the celebs and the fans alike to make sure everyone has a rip-roarin’-Austin-Texas-Alamo-Drafthouse-good-time

http://2009.fantasticfest.com/Page.aspx?name=Volunteer%202009
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

funny schipperke

Postby funny schipperke » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:35 pm

I was thinking about doing that. I wonder if they'd let me be Jemaine's Austin ambassador/personal assistant/chaffeur? :wink: I could even volunteer to babysit for him. :)
Image Image

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:37 pm

There are no VIP badges ATM and they seem to be the only ones to guarantee you a particular screening. The badge that is available guarantees that you'll see the movies you want but not a particular screening and I think it's safe to say we are only interested in one particular screening.

I'm hoping this bodes well for the film being kicked off in a few other places as well. Noo Yawk City!!
90% evil
ImageImage

tvldiva

Postby tvldiva » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:50 pm

Like I said in the first post, this is a strange little movie festival. I usually see this festival for all the really quirky or bizarre movies that are never released wide but only in one or two cities. Sometimes the opening films have been main stream films, like this Gentleman Broncos, but I can't figure out why.

The guy who started this owns The Alamo Drafthouse here in Austin and is very off center when it comes to films. But that's cool with me. He just announced that he is opening a bowling alley next to the South Lamar Drafthouse. I do like the way this man thinks.

BTW- if your thinking of volunteering, you may want to be warned, Austin has a v large volunteer base. This means you will have regulars that will get the prime gigs ahead of all new comers. So, unless you enjoy the ultimate in geek gatherings, you may want to avoid volunteering for this festival.
Last edited by tvldiva on Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funny schipperke

Postby funny schipperke » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:55 pm

Oh cool! In the old Salvation Army? I know the Drafthouse has been using that space to throw parties and stuff. I live right by that Drafthouse and it's my favorite place to watch movies. :D
Image Image

tvldiva

Postby tvldiva » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:57 pm

funny schipperke wrote:Oh cool! In the old Salvation Army? I know the Drafthouse has been using that space to throw parties and stuff. I live right by that Drafthouse and it's my favorite place to watch movies. :D

You got it! Tim League ROCKS!!! :supz: :supz: :supz:

poptartgirl

Postby poptartgirl » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:09 am

Small mention on the Austin American Statesman website :

http://www.austin360.com/blogs/content/ ... _with.html
“We tell you lies, and if you laugh, they’re jokes.”

"all I wanted to say is "May I rock you ?"

Return to “Jemaine Clement”