Jemaine in Austin for Fantastic Fest

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
helgecko
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: Jemaine in Austin for Fantastic Fest

Postby helgecko » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:14 am

funny schipperke wrote:we are ecstatic to be kicking off the festival with the likes of director Jared Hess, screenwriter Jerusha Hess and star Jemaine Clement live in person.

Jemaine qualifies as "star" now?
I wonder if that means they did film some more scenes with him? :hrm:

edit: my mind keeps being selective about the letters it sees in the title of this thread, and I keep reading "Jane Austen" :lol:

oooh... actually.. Jemaine as Mr Darcy, anyone..? :drool:
It's all about the music.

Image Image Image Image

Peripeteia
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Peripeteia » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:21 am

Oh, dear...I wonder if Jem will stick around for the ACL Fest that following weekend? :hrm:
http://www.aclfestival.com/default.aspx
Height of rudeness....

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:19 am

helgecko wrote:oooh... actually.. Jemaine as Mr Darcy, anyone..? :drool:

Wow, helgecko, I actually got butterflies in my stomach when I read that. Yes, I'll take some Jemaine as Mr. Darcy, thank you for asking. :nod: But it would have to be the film adaptation of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I just can't see him in a totally serious role like in the original. ;)

4everconchordsfan

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:26 am

Peripeteia wrote:Oh, dear...I wonder if Jem will stick around for the ACL Fest that following weekend? :hrm:

I was just reviewing the list of performers & Kings of Leon will be there as well as a Dave Matthews, Pearl Jam, Ben Harper,Sonic Youth, The B-52s, the list is HUGE. Seems that several bands the boys have mentioned as fav's will be performing. What a nice thought, that Jem might stick around for that. A girl can dream :heartbeat: I'd take that dream one more level up & suggest that it would be outstanding if Bret came over to perform with Black Seeds in September then joined Jemaine for the fest. ooooooo. Just a little dreamworks put into motion for ya. :drool: time to go to dreamland, it's so viry nice there.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:27 am

If you haven't seen Futile Attraction yet, I think the brief voice overs that Bret and Jemaine did for that film are the closest you're going to get. I haven't read any Jane Austen before so I'm not sure if Jemaine played the role of Mr. Darcy or Mr. Wickham.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

helgecko

Postby helgecko » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:33 am

mockingbird wrote:

Wow, helgecko, I actually got butterflies in my stomach when I read that. Yes, I'll take some Jemaine as Mr. Darcy, thank you for asking. :nod: But it would have to be the film adaptation of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I just can't see him in a totally serious role like in the original. ;)

Ha! yes! great idea! :lol:
I can see it now... he would be all dark and broody, and emerge from a pond with his white shirt clinging to him...
and then mow down a bunch of zombies :lol: :thumb:

vmh wrote:If you haven't seen Futile Attraction yet, I think the brief voice overs that Bret and Jemaine did for that film are the closest you're going to get. I haven't read any Jane Austen before so I'm not sure if Jemaine played the role of Mr. Darcy or Mr. Wickham.

oh, if they were actually going to act the parts, Bret would have to be Mr Whickam, he's all wide-eyed and naive and utterly lovely :D
Mr Darcy is all tall and broody...

Image Image Image Image

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:37 am

Mr Wickham's not naive. I think you're thinking of Mr Bingley.

funny schipperke

Postby funny schipperke » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:39 am

4everconchordsfan wrote:
Peripeteia wrote:Oh, dear...I wonder if Jem will stick around for the ACL Fest that following weekend? :hrm:

I was just reviewing the list of performers & Kings of Leon will be there as well as a Dave Matthews, Pearl Jam, Ben Harper,Sonic Youth, The B-52s, the list is HUGE. Seems that several bands the boys have mentioned as fav's will be performing. What a nice thought, that Jem might stick around for that. A girl can dream :heartbeat: I'd take that dream one more level up & suggest that it would be outstanding if Bret came over to perform with Black Seeds in September then joined Jemaine for the fest. ooooooo. Just a little dreamworks put into motion for ya. :drool: time to go to dreamland, it's so viry nice there.

Ooh... and he can wear his shorty shorts like he did at Bonnaroo. :waggle:
What? It gets really hot in Austin, that's all I'm saying. :wink:
Image Image

helgecko

Postby helgecko » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:41 am

:doh:

You're right! Bloody hell. How many times have I read that book and watched the BBC adaptation and the recent movie?? :roll:

My apologies everyone, Mr Wickham is actually charming and attractive, but dastardly, and we hate him.

ooh... it would be interesting to see Bret do "dastardly"...
*mind wanders*

Image Image Image Image

poptartgirl

Postby poptartgirl » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:51 pm

Hiding behind the anonymity of the internet and with no sense of humor, I'm going to say that some of y'all are seriously on another planet :P :lol: .

Anyway...another mention from the Austin American Statesman on Jemaine's upcoming Austin visit :

http://www.austin360.com/blogs/content/ ... _fest.html
“We tell you lies, and if you laugh, they’re jokes.”

"all I wanted to say is "May I rock you ?"

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:46 pm

helgecko wrote:I wonder if that means they did film some more scenes with him? :hrm:
I asked Jemaine about it last month & he responded that he had filmed additional scenes recently. It's in the GB thread. :wink:
90% evil
ImageImage

Carol
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Carol » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:06 pm

The more scenes with him the jemerrier!

Ozpot
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Ozpot » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:24 am

Carol wrote:The more scenes with him the jemerrier!

I like that word.
-writes it in the Jemtionary-
ImageImage

4everconchordsfan

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:28 am

funny schipperke wrote:
4everconchordsfan wrote:

Ooh... and he can wear his shorty shorts like he did at Bonnaroo. :waggle:
What? It gets really hot in Austin, that's all I'm saying. :wink:

FunnyS so sorry that you're having such a crappy week, hope things get better & fast!

The thought of Jem in those short shorts, and a v-neck tshirt down to ....whew it's getting hot in here.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

Ozpot
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Ozpot » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:30 am

4everconchordsfan wrote:The thought of Jem in those short shorts, and a v-neck tshirt down to ....whew it's getting hot in here.

-bursts into flames-
:rolleyes:
ImageImage

Return to “Jemaine Clement”