Jemaine in Austin for Fantastic Fest

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
bakergirl30
Getting lewd with the food

Re: Jemaine in Austin for Fantastic Fest

Postby bakergirl30 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:30 am

It's been about a 104 degrees around here lately.. I say clothes optional for Jemaine.. .. hmm wha?? :blush:
ImageImageImageImage

Ozpot

Postby Ozpot » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:34 am

bakergirl30 wrote:It's been about a 104 degrees around here lately.. I say clothes optional for Jemaine.. .. hmm wha?? :blush:

:tsk: Bad baker! That is not acceptable behaviour!

:snakeman:
ImageImage

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:35 am

Ozpot wrote:
bakergirl30 wrote:It's been about a 104 degrees around here lately.. I say clothes optional for Jemaine.. .. hmm wha?? :blush:

:tsk: Bad baker! that is not acceptable behaviour!

:snakeman:

Wha..????? :shock:

Okay okay.. I know Im sorry.. :worry: The heat got to me.. :snakeman:
ImageImageImageImage

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:04 am

Ok, I see the summer heat has affect more than just us in Texas considering how quickly this thread went down THAT path. :tsk: Come on...you know what I'm talking about!!! Short shorts?! :waiting:

What can I say, everyone is so hot and sweaty, two people can get stuck together from all the sweat. new mental image for you-thank you
Why don't you accept me as your God!?

Ozpot

Postby Ozpot » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:05 am

tvldiva wrote:What can I say, everyone is so hot and sweaty, two people can get stuck together from all the sweat. new mental image for you-thank you

:shock:

-has a lie down-
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:30 am

http://moopz.com/tag/jemaine+clement

Ok, this has the trailer for Despicable Me but that's not why I put it here. Scroll down a bit and it tells about the Fantastic Fest and then lists all of the movies with a brief synopsis. :) Anyone still not sure if they'll go may find a movie or 3 that they really want to see- along with Jemaine and GB!
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:39 am

Thanks for posting that Laura :) So wish I could go.. :|
ImageImageImageImage

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:56 am

Reading between the obvious lines here it seems chances of getting to see the film and Jemaine (up close, in person and to possibly speak to for more than a nanosecond) are slim. Anyone thinking of flying in and spending $150 on a badge/pass thing really should think carefully about their chances of seeing him. Its a lot of expense for a very small possible.

I realise some of you are talking about it and that it won't come to anything, but maybe a few of you are seriously considering it and its a lot of dosh to fork out for this. I know its fun to talk about but please consider your chances of meeting him etc.

I'm a lazy cow and I'd not drag my arse out of bed for the Jemaine screening one even if I lived round the corner :lol: Yeah I'm a true fan like that :rolleyes: :wink: I'd amble down and see if I could spot him arriving or something perhaps :popcorn: but anything else would be overkill for me. Even thinking about going should I happen to live round the corner from said screening is hard work for me right now :lol:

:worry:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:01 pm

DemonWoman wrote:Read a Tweet last night from Fantastic Fest and they said that having a film badge or a VIP pass is the only way you'll get into the opening and since VIPs are sold out, your only option would be to buy a $150 film badge.

Even then you are not guaranteed to get in. It's first come first serve.
That's what it says on the fantastic fest link on the first page of this thread and that's why I'm not really into it. If you could buy a pass and be guaranteed to get into the screening that's one thing but unfortunately that's not the situation.
90% evil
ImageImage

DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby DangerMouse » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:50 pm

Sherry wrote:I'm a lazy cow and I'd not drag my arse out of bed for the Jemaine screening one even if I lived round the corner :lol: Yeah I'm a true fan like that :rolleyes: :wink: I'd amble down and see if I could spot him arriving or something perhaps :popcorn: but anything else would be overkill for me. Even thinking about going should I happen to live round the corner from said screening is hard work for me right now :lol:

:worry:

Have I told you lately how kewl you are 8) :lol:
...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:31 pm

Yes, Sherry, I totally agree. Only pay for the pass if this festival is something you would want to see. These movies are of the "acquired taste" catagory. The good news about this festival is that it's usually 10-1 men to women ratio. You will never have to stand in line at the toliet.

While there is lots of things to do in Austin, your Jemaine sightings would probably be limited to the theater, hotel and airport. Unless you are really motivated and decide to stalk them around. That would probably not be a good idea. Just saying...

Of course, you may want to hunt around to see if they are showing this film elsewhere around the states. Sounds like they may be doing a little publicity tour of the film. Who knows, your city may be next... :hrm:
Why don't you accept me as your God!?

poptartgirl
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby poptartgirl » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:24 pm

http://www.bookpeople.com/index.php?com ... il&id=1284

Date: Sep 25
Time:4:00 PM
Event: Dr. Ronald Chevalier from Gentlemen Broncos
Description:

BookPeople invites you to meet Ronald Chevalier, the legendary author of the greatest tome you will never read…and which will not be signed. From Jared Hess, the creator of Napoleon Dynamite, comes a character unlike any other, portrayed in the living flesh by Jemaine Clement (star of HBO’s Flight of the Conchords). Be the first, or maybe second, or quite possibly forty-third, to meet and greet the star of the Fantastic Fest opening night, eponymous film Gentlemen Broncos on Friday, September 25th at 4:00PM. Chevalier will honor you with entry to his “mind portal” and bemuse you with his “Art of Relaxating.”

For more information, visit ronaldchevalier.com.

Dr. Chevalier is a Cluster Award-winning, published author since the age of 13. Dr. Chevalier’s robust body of work includes titles such as Cyborg Harpies, Brain Cream, and the all new, completely original novel Brutus & Balzaak. Dr. Chevalier’s talents extend into such varied spheres as the sciences & arts. His original painted works have received various accolades within the “Art World,” and he’s revolutionized the genre of “Visitation Portraiture.” You will be pleased to meet him.
“We tell you lies, and if you laugh, they’re jokes.”

"all I wanted to say is "May I rock you ?"

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:02 pm

poptartgirl wrote:Dr. Chevalier is a Cluster Award-winning, published author since the age of 13. Dr. Chevalier’s robust body of work includes titles such as Cyborg Harpies, Brain Cream, and the all new, completely original novel Brutus & Balzaak. Dr. Chevalier’s talents extend into such varied spheres as the sciences & arts. His original painted works have received various accolades within the “Art World,” and he’s revolutionized the genre of “Visitation Portraiture.” You will be pleased to meet him.

That's awesome! :clap: :lol: the "Art World," lol!

Have you guys figured out if it's first-come-first-served or if there'll be tickets or wristbands or something?
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Yeah.. 4ever was kind enough to call and she got the scoop. I think she said there may be wrist bands given out about 2 hours prior to the m&g. :)
ImageImageImageImage

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:54 am

Has this been reported here already? No idea. If so sorry for the repeat. I did search the Jemaine section for key words and got nothing back. Anyways looks like Gentleman Broncos will be playing a bigger theater for Fantastic Fest, the Paramount. Tickets on sale next week apparently.

Return to “Jemaine Clement”