Jemaine at Fantastic Fest 2009

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Re: Jemaine at Fantastic Fest 2009

Postby Faith » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:55 pm

I'll bet it was since you got to talk to him for 20 minutes. I was happy I got to go at all, but meeting him would have been awesome. I'm jealous. :P

DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby DangerMouse » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:00 pm

Howdy ericajoy1974 ... that is so kewl 8) I always figured he was a decent dude and not an a$$hat :yawinkle:
...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...

funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby funny schipperke » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:19 pm

Wow, ericajoy! I can't imagine having a conversation with Jemaine for 20 minutes. You're so lucky!
Can't wait to see your pics!
Image Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:05 pm

Whoa, Erica- that's awesome! That badge paid off, eh? :)

And you're preaching to the choir here about how nice and gracious he is. :) So happy for you that you got 20 minutes of chat time with him!! What did you talk about? (If you don't mind sharing, that is.)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

4everconchordsfan

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:12 pm

Well, its 400pm Friday afternoon & one week ago Jemaine was just about to visit us as Dr. C. We were as excited and antsy as ever. Hard to believe all the excitement was an entire week ago. Ive got some BIG time PJDS goin' on.

Eorious & I are going out tonight & although im called 'drunk-on-one' its been a rough week & im so looking forward to chatting conchords & chillaxin'.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:20 pm

4ever - I'm jealous just that you have someone to talk Conchords with in real life! I only have a few friends who are even remotely a fan of them, and I can't talk to them like I can talk to you all here without freaking them out. (Just to give you an idea, there are 3 - one calls Jemaine "Jermaine" (even though I tell her it's not right), one has only seen season one but did see them in Ann Arbor last year (but I've only known her for like...3 weeks so we're not at that level of "let's gush to each other" yet...maybe we will someday. :dunno:. And one is a *sigh* former professor of mine who got me into FOTC to begin with. *swoons a bit thinking of Big J...(not Jemaine)*.

ANYWAY - I guess what I'm saying is - it's so great that you're close to another WTFer to be able to meet up and talk Conchords and relax. The closest WTFer to me is Laura and she's 4 hours away...

bakergirl30
Getting lewd with the food

Postby bakergirl30 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:46 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:4ever - I'm jealous just that you have someone to talk Conchords with in real life! I only have a few friends who are even remotely a fan of them, and I can't talk to them like I can talk to you all here without freaking them out. (Just to give you an idea, there are 3 - one calls Jemaine "Jermaine" (even though I tell her it's not right), one has only seen season one but did see them in Ann Arbor last year (but I've only known her for like...3 weeks so we're not at that level of "let's gush to each other" yet...maybe we will someday. :dunno:. And one is a *sigh* former professor of mine who got me into FOTC to begin with. *swoons a bit thinking of Big J...(not Jemaine)*.

ANYWAY - I guess what I'm saying is - it's so great that you're close to another WTFer to be able to meet up and talk Conchords and relax. The closest WTFer to me is Laura and she's 4 hours away...

I can totally agree with you Kelly, I have no one other than you all. Which i'm happy for! Nobody in RL gets it, they all smile and nod but what to move on quickly. *sigh*

Have a great time tonight 4ever! Have a rita! lol :D
ImageImageImageImage

4everconchordsfan

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:52 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:4ever - I'm jealous just that you have someone to talk Conchords with in real life! I only have a few friends who are even remotely a fan of them, and I can't talk to them like I can talk to you all here without freaking them out. (Just to give you an idea, there are 3 - one calls Jemaine "Jermaine" (even though I tell her it's not right), one has only seen season one but did see them in Ann Arbor last year (but I've only known her for like...3 weeks so we're not at that level of "let's gush to each other" yet...maybe we will someday. :dunno:. And one is a *sigh* former professor of mine who got me into FOTC to begin with. *swoons a bit thinking of Big J...(not Jemaine)*.

I am so lucky, we have our movie nights once a month & anytime we get together it is a marathon. I can honestly say that I dont think the eorious ever leaves my house until sometime between 4am-5am. I keep telling her just bring your p.j.'s and sack out. LOL. It is just the 'fix' needed when you're missing they guys.

I have to say with all honesty though that I dont know what I would do without my WTF forum buds, chattin' conchords and swoonin' makes my life happy & complete. You guys are the best & when im not around im missing you more than the site. You guys keep me laughing out loud and having fun all the time. I adore all of you. :hug: :hug:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:04 pm

4everconchordsfan wrote: Ive got some BIG time PJDS goin' on.

90% evil
ImageImage

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:08 pm

SheWolf wrote:

Ahahahahaha :rolls: :roll2: AWESOME!!
ImageImageImageImage

4everconchordsfan

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:32 am

SheWolf wrote:

Awww. Thanks SW. I knew that you'd have my back. :hug:

ericajoy1974
New arrival

Postby ericajoy1974 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:58 am

I went to New Zealand and Australia in May so we talked about that, and science stuff from Texas, and how I felt really geeky standing there talking to a stranger, and how it has to be weird for him to have people just talk to him about random things. I felt like I was in a bubble there were people taking pictures, and he was talking to me...

People just walk up and give him CD's or dvd's its odd. His assistant put everything in her bag, and we just kept talking.

It was really cool, and now our picture sits on my station at work so I can see it everyday! If I ever get the chance to meet him again I will be a lot cooler...in my head at least.

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:07 am

Wow! that's so cool ericajoy! :D
He really is such a nice and gracious guy, I think I heart him more now then I did before this (if that's possible). :heart:

Thanks for sharing that with us! :)
ImageImageImageImage

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:10 am

Wow ericajoy, that's so cool you got to talk to him for so long. Thanks for telling us about it!

That's so funny about people just randomly walking up to him and giving him stuff all the time. I had a feeling that happens, lol. So, does his assistant just stay with him all the time? Did you guys all see her pretty much every time you saw Jemaine? For some reason I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the concept of Jemaine having an assistant. At the same time I really, really REALLY want to know how someone gets the mind bogglingly awesome job of being Jemaine's assistant, lol.

So, people were just taking pictures of you guys talking? That would really throw me off, I have to say. It was hard enough to keep whatever wits I had about me while talking to him without random pictures being snapped of us. Did he seem to take notice of it or did he just ignore it? Did it seem like professional photographers or just ordinary gawkers? ;)

All this is shaking up my concept of Jemaine as a low key guy, I have to say. He has an assistant! Paparazzi! He's hanging out with Woody Harrelson! Where will it end?? :lol:

I'm sorry to grill you ericajoy... please excuse me. Hi! I'm mockingbird, I don't think we've met. I should introduce myself before I subject you to the Spanish Inquisition, lol. ;)

ericajoy1974
New arrival

Postby ericajoy1974 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:28 am

It is weird. That is one of the pictures that I found on the web of Jemaine and I talking.

When I got back to my friends we looked at each other and said, "Wow. He is famous. Really famous." Its really odd to think of him like that because in my head no one know who they are. It was stranger talking to him than any other famous person that I have ever met, and hanging out with Owen Wilson.

He was watching the photographers take pictures of him, and when they came over and I asked me to move to the side while we talked it was just to weird for me so I bolted. I thanked him for talking to me, and he said thanks too. The assistant was nice, too. After Jemaine left she stuck around the party for awhile, I didn't talk to her again, but I saw her hanging out.

Feel free to ask, Mockingbird, my friends are tired of hearing about it!

Return to “Jemaine Clement”