Jemaine at Fantastic Fest 2009

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Re: Jemaine at Fantastic Fest 2009

Postby mockingbird » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:40 am

Well feel free to talk about it all you want, erica! :) I never get tired of hearing people's Jemaine stories.

I'm still hoping once the Conchords madness dies down they can go back to being somewhat regular people again. That's probably a pipe dream but it's what I'm going with. I wonder if the fame issue has anything to do with why they don't seem eager to do a 3rd season, or if it's mainly due to creative burnout in regards to FOTC stuff.

ericajoy1974
New arrival

Postby ericajoy1974 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:56 am

mockingbird wrote:Well feel free to talk about it all you want, erica! :) I never get tired of hearing people's Jemaine stories.

I'm still hoping once the Conchords madness dies down they can go back to being somewhat regular people again. That's probably a pipe dream but it's what I'm going with. I wonder if the fame issue has anything to do with why they don't seem eager to do a 3rd season, or if it's mainly due to creative burnout in regards to FOTC stuff.

I feel like even if the Conchords madness dies down then Jemaine will just be famous. Like really famous in movies famous. Or he will run back to New Zealand and hide under a rock, and there are plenty there to pick from. But he wants to be an actor, and that is part of the gig.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:38 am

Erica, did you talk to him about the movie at all?
I'm wondering if he was happy with the final product.

I'm glad you had such a wonderful time talking with him. :D
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:22 pm

Wow ericajoy, thanks for sharing your account of spending 20 minutes with Jemaine. I'm glad you had a great experience :)
Last edited by Venus on Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:24 pm

ericajoy would you happen to be the person in this pic?

I'm wondering if Jem wasn't the center of so much hubbub because it was opening night of the film festival and he was the star of the film that opened it.

I'm also wondering if the assistant was provided by FF and if other "celebs" had one on the red carpet.
Last edited by SheWolf on Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
90% evil
ImageImage

4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:37 pm

LauraK wrote:"Oh my holy crap....surveillance pics! I hate those..." :lol:

:biggrin: :rolls: :roll2: :iloveyou:
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:31 pm

SheWolf wrote:
I'm wondering if Jem wasn't the center of so much hubbub because it was opening night of the film festival and he was the star of the film that opened it.

I'm also wondering if the assistant was provided by FF and if other "celebs" had one on the red carpet.

I'm thinking the same on both counts, SW. He was probably one of the bigger "stars" in the Highball that night, hence why everyone was taking pictures of him. And also, I know for the film festival up here in my town, each celebrity is assigned a volunteer "assistant" (that's volunteering for the film festival) to make sure everything is taken care of for them and to guide the celebrity to where they need to go and when.

I certainly don't think of Jemaine as incredibly famous or anything. He was probably one of the more well known names that night just because it's a film festival for films that most nobody has ever heard of. "Gentlemen Broncos" was their big name for the whole festival...that and Zombieland. So I think RELATIVELY speaking, yes Jemaine was one of the most famous there that night. But, if we all remember the Emmy's (and we all do, I'm sure ;)), he, James and Bret weren't that big of a "hot interview" to be had...

bakergirl30
Getting lewd with the food

Postby bakergirl30 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:55 pm

Nancy wrote:Erica, did you talk to him about the movie at all?
I'm wondering if he was happy with the final product.

I'm glad you had such a wonderful time talking with him. :D

Nancy- at the time of the premier Jemaine hadn't seen the whole movie yet. As he said at the post movie Q and A.

Also I have to agree with SW and Kelly on all points. :wink:

Cool pic of you and Jemaine Ericajoy! You lucky lady! :D
ImageImageImageImage

ericajoy1974
New arrival

Postby ericajoy1974 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:25 am

That is us!! It was crazy seeing those pictures!!

Yah, he was one of the stars of the films, and it was the after party, but people were passing over other celebs to get near Jemaine. Sam Rockwell and Michael Angarano were running around all over the place with nobody bothering them. And that party featured the biggest names... although Eric from True Blood was at a party a couple of nights later.

Either way, I hope that he had a great time because it was amazing to be around all of that.

I didn't ask him about what he thought of the movie because like bakergirl said he didn't get to see the entire thing. I thought of a lot of awesome questions after I walked away though. Just not while I was actually speaking to him.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:30 am

Haha, I think the same thing happened to all of us who have met him, Erica...so don't feel too bad! Hopefully we'll all get another, more clear-headed shot, ay? ;)

bakergirl30
Getting lewd with the food

Postby bakergirl30 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:31 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:Haha, I think the same thing happened to all of us who have met him, Erica...so don't feel too bad! Hopefully we'll all get another, more clear-headed shot, ay? ;)

Oh I know that happened to me! I just stood there :drool: :shock: :roll2:
I don't ever think you can completely be clear headed around Jemaine! :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:06 am

I'd say being able to hold a 20 minute conversation with him is about as close as we get ;)

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:20 pm

Kelly and SW - ah, that makes sense about the assistant. I hadn't thought of that. I was thinking he brought his own assistant, and I will admit for some reason that kind of disturbed me, lol. It seems more likely that the assistant was provided by the event organizers. I feel better now. :lol:

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:22 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:I'd say being able to hold a 20 minute conversation with him is about as close as we get ;)

I am quite sure that at some point during that 20 minutes I would be unable to restrain myself any longer and I would make some utterly foolish comment about how I can't believe I'M STANDING HERE TALKING TO JEMAINE CLEMENT!!!!!!! SQUEEEE!!!!!! :roll: :lol: So I'm very impressed with you, ericajoy.

4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:48 am

Ok, I never gave up on that last video. Thanks to the lovely & brilliant Eorious who turned me onto a little adapter (slot reader) Houston we have liftoff. Well kinda sort of. I have finished one half of the video. It is 25 minutes long & the youtube max is 10 minutes. So im posting the 1st half and you will know that I will get it together and post the other half for you. The 2nd half will have to be via a link cos it's got a tiny bit of dropping the f-word and such. I will refrain from posting that here.

Here is the first 1/2 of the video. Enjoy. Sorry that the quality is crap, ive never had so much trouble with a file. It's still a great vid. Be sure to listen at 5:59-6:03 for Jem's laugh. Love that laugh.

"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

Return to “Jemaine Clement”