Gentlemen Broncos - Discuss the actual film in here please

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
Spumony5000
Stop touching the monkeys

Re: Gentlemen Broncos - Discuss the actual film in here please

Postby Spumony5000 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:02 am

I was hoping that with Jemaine being nominated for the spirit award that Fox would change their minds and re-release the movie. I think my hoping was in vain. I saw a little preview for it on cinemax on demand which I thought was pretty cool.
Do you want to borrow my jumper Bowie?

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:04 am

really? that seems so fast!...YAY for the nomination! :clap:

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:21 am

I rented the movie Jennifer's Body today (it was utter crap don't waste your time) but the preview before the movie was for Gentlemen Broncos. My hubby and I laughed through the whole preview and then it said that it was coming soon to DVD!!! Sucks that it didn't last in theaters but yay for soon DVD release!

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:43 am

Awesome. I wonder if Jared Hess took Jemaine's advice for a cool dvd extra and acted out the entire movie as all the characters. :lol:

Red

Postby Red » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:45 am

That would be too funny! I would so pay to see that.

DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby DaMango » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:53 pm

It is disapponting that it didn't last in theatres, but I am glad that it's coming out on DVD soon. I actually wanted to see it in the theatre again (mainly to give it a second chance, LOL) but the cost of seeing it again was as much as buying a DVD. I'm cheap enough to wait. :lol:

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:04 am

GB just came out on DVD yesterday and I'm surprised no one has talked about it yet. I bet Jemaine announced the tour dates on Tuesday just to distract us all. Sly. Very sly! I picked mine up about an hour ago and I'm currently working my way through the extras. I'm curious to know what all the virgin viewers think.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:08 am

I totally forgot! :lol: I'll be picking up a copy tomorrow...

Faith

Postby Faith » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:16 am

I found I liked the movie better the second time around. My favorite part in the behind the scenes was when Jemaine told the story about his wife saying "oh calamity!" right before she fainted. You could tell he thought that story was really funny. I bet she doesn't think so. :lol:

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:19 am

Faith wrote:I found I liked the movie better the second time around. My favorite part in the behind the scenes was when Jemaine told the story about his wife saying "oh calamity!" right before she fainted. You could tell he thought that story was really funny. I bet she doesn't think so. :lol:

Oh man! I cant wait!!!!! :roll2:

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:23 am

Faith wrote:I found I liked the movie better the second time around. My favorite part in the behind the scenes was when Jemaine told the story about his wife saying "oh calamity!" right before she fainted. You could tell he thought that story was really funny. I bet she doesn't think so. :lol:

That was the best part! :lol: Poor Miranda.

I also liked the part in the deleted scenes when Jemaine was trying to come up with a moon fetus synopsis.

I wish Jemaine was in more of the extras. These are my grades for the extras he was featured in.

Behind the Scenes: Grade B+
Outtakes: C
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Red

Postby Red » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:53 am

I'll be picking up my copy on Friday after I get paid. I've very excited about the extras. Is there commentary?

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:12 am

Red wrote:I'll be picking up my copy on Friday after I get paid. I've very excited about the extras. Is there commentary?

There is commentary but I don't think Jemaine is a part of it.

Aimee
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Aimee » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:45 pm

I have it on my queue in Netflix, but it says "very long wait" :|

I'm really looking forward to it though, especially the extras...

Faith

Postby Faith » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:42 pm

vmh wrote:

That was the best part! :lol: Poor Miranda.

I also liked the part in the deleted scenes when Jemaine was trying to come up with a moon fetus synopsis.

I wish Jemaine was in more of the extras. These are my grades for the extras he was featured in.

Behind the Scenes: Grade B+
Outtakes: C

I think we all wanted more of Jemaine in the deleted scenes. ;)

Moon Fetus was good. What about the Bakery of Time? It's philosophical. :lol: Or when he hit somebody when he was throwing his tantrum in his room?

Jennifer Coolidge describing some of her designs was really funny too. I could have never kept a straight face. :lol:

Return to “Jemaine Clement”