Robert and Sheepy (The Pen)

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Re: Robert and Sheepy (The Pen)

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:31 pm

The Pen! :biggrin:

I hadn't ever thought of Bret before, but after your suggestion, Red, I can hear faint resemblances in a couple of phrases. He's not a dead -on soundalike, but there are certain words.....:dunno: Or is Bret really Guy Capper? :shock: Cue Twilight Zone music.
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:27 am

Thanks Red. I had to go back and have another listen....and I can totally hear what you mean, in more than that 1 phrase. :)

I think all Kiwis must sound like our ideals now, when we can't see them, lol.... :lol: ;)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:05 pm

'New World Order':

The video is also annotated with "Many new episode this month" :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:21 pm

LOL! "Disappointing, isn't it?"
"Well, no...."
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:43 am

:thumb: Good news! :thumb:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:43 am

:D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:04 pm

:lol: OK I *finally* got around to watching these new episodes. :roll: Sheepy's impression of Kevin at the beginning of the tire episode cracked me up after I heard Kevin's voice at the end, lol.

"Hey guys, this is my new missus!"
*long pause*
"Well done, mate." :lol:

Plus, I always knew cats were in charge. It's obvious. The very idea, of sheep in charge of anything. *pfff* Please. :roll: ;)

Yay for new episodes! :clap: I wonder if they've already made them or if they're making them now, while Jemaine's on a break from filming MIB...? :hrm: I think claymation is a really time-consuming process so they probably did at least some work on them before now.

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:28 pm

Hey did you guys see Jemaine posted another hilarious blog entry today, about The Pen? I love it when he writes in their blog. Does he ever stop being funny? ;)

Venus

Postby Venus » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:51 pm

Haha, yeah I just read his blog (can be read here). :roll2: Looking forward to more episodes! :D
Newly uploaded ep:
&

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:25 pm

I've just been through this whole thread. What fun! :clap: And stuff like this blows me away because of the intense labor involved in creating animation frame by frame. The humor of the bit is praiseworthy enough but the expressions of the sheep! :roll2: I'm dying of curiosity about the process. How many hours does it take to make one of these clips? Is the same sheep used for all of them or are there dozens? I wonder if Jemaine got to help with any of the claymation? Didn't he mention once how much he liked it, or it was his hobby...or something?

It was also fun to see that an episode or two were produced by Vicky Pope who is also now producing Two Little Boys, and the credits also read, "Thanks to Robert Sarkies". :)

Well, you know I love pics so I grabbed a few from that article on page one...

Aw cool. There are several different Robert snouts sitting there! :D I wondered about that. How on earth does he match the dialog to the expressions? Unless the animation is done first...but then how would he... :rolleyes: I can't get my head around it.

And they're just so dang cute!

I feel like I may be missing an episode. Was there more than one on Radiradirah? I'm counting 9 episodes, but I don't remember seeing this part in any of them:

closet jemainiac wrote:
LauraK wrote:"How many poos have you done there?" :lol:
"Let's get drunk." :rolls:

I like the mumble counting... :lol:

Didn't Guy Capper do the apple animation for Eagle vs Shark as well?

mockingbird wrote:Yay for new episodes! :clap: I wonder if they've already made them or if they're making them now, while Jemaine's on a break from filming MIB...? :hrm:

I wonder this too. It's certainly the kind of acting he can still manage whilst maintaining 'the beard'. :lol:
Image..Image..Image

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:35 pm

Oh - so they were aired on Radiradirah? I was wondering if they were made for some TV show in NZ, I figured they weren't just making them as a hobby and then posting them on YT as a lark, lol. Now I feel kind of stupid for not knowing that. :worry:

Those were cool pics, thanks for posting nonch. Loved seeing the array of Robert snouts, lol. They really are cute sheep. Although I have to say... Robert's horns always kind of reminded me of little piles of poo.

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:43 pm

I know for sure that the Daren episode was on Radiradirah, and the rest seem independent. I don't even see the Darin epi on their youtube channel. :dunno:
Image..Image..Image

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:52 pm

mockingbird wrote:Those were cool pics, thanks for posting nonch. Loved seeing the array of Robert snouts, lol. They really are cute sheep. Although I have to say... Robert's horns always kind of reminded me of little piles of poo.

Try to think of them as soft serve ice cream. Maybe that will help. :lol:

I think Sheepy is a strong caricaturization both in clay and in personality. Where Robert is perhaps more realistic in both as well? There is some fine social satire going on here. :thumb:
Image..Image..Image

SecretCheri
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby SecretCheri » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:48 pm

The episode about the schedule reminds me so much of my current neurology rotation that I had to share it with all my med school friends. Sad, but :lol: ... We now quote it all the time.
"11:45 looking around confused..." :roll2:
"Aw, early start tomorrow. What time? 5am. Oooooh. That's early. Mind you we always start at 5am. That's ridiculously early!" :nod:
"Man, I hate the schedule but I would be lost without it. What do we do now?" :bounce:

Venus

Postby Venus » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:12 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote:It was also fun to see that an episode or two were produced by Vicky Pope who is also now producing Two Little Boys, and the credits also read, "Thanks to Robert Sarkies". :)

Yeah and the latest video description reads: "Animated by our trusty cohort, Francis Salole" who's in the Wellington International Ukulele Orchestra and was also involved in the animation for Eagle vs Shark. :)

A few video descriptions state that the episodes were broadcast on NZ TV in 2010 so I think they're still in the process of uploading clips from RadiRadiRah and perhaps a few extras.

I know what you mean nonch about trying to get your head around the process because getting things right, frame by frame, must take a lot of work and I'd be interested in finding out more about how it all works too cos it's very impressive. :)
&

Return to “Jemaine Clement”