Jemaine interview on KPCC

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Jemaine interview on KPCC

Postby Venus » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:37 am

Just a heads up. Jemaine will be on another radio station soon :D

Alex Cohen has Jemaine from Flight of the Conchords on KPCC.org - 89.3 if you still have a "radio" - at 5:50 PM today! Is it business time?

Source
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Re: R-R-R-R-Random Jemaine Discussion

Postby Venus » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:47 am

This seems to be the interview 8)

Flight of the Conchord's Jemaine Clement stars in new sci-fi comedy 'Gentlemen Broncos'
4:40 p.m. | Alex Cohen | KPCC

A while back, KPCC's Alex Cohen was watching a movie on DVD. During the previews, she was fascinated by a cheesy, new age author named Dr. Ronald Chevalier. She thought he looked slightly familiar. Then, she pictured him with slightly less puffy hair and wearing glasses. Bingo! She recognized him as Jemaine Clement, star of one of her favorite TV shows, "Flight of the Conchords." Turns out the Ronald Chevalier video was a clever promotion for the new film from Jared and Jerusha Hess (makers of "Napoleon Dynamite" and "Nacho Libre"). The movie is called "Gentlemen Broncos" and it's about a teenager named Benjamin Purvis who is home-schooled and loves to write truly bizarre science fiction stories.

He winds up submitting one of his stories, "Yeast Lords" to a contest judged by Dr. Chevalier. The famous author, stuck with writer's block, winds up stealing Benjamin's story.

KPCC's Alex Cohen spoke with Jemaine Clement about writer's block, literature, and his favorite places to hang out in Southern California.

Click here to listen to the interview :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

bakergirl30
Getting lewd with the food

Postby bakergirl30 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:51 am

Thanks Venus! Listen now! Gaaahh his voice!! *swoon* :thud:
ImageImageImageImage

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:57 am

He just makes me smile....I love him!

"thats probably my main point of concentration when Im here- to digest as many tacos as I can." :D :D :D :D

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:01 am

Lovely. That was a nice interview. :) He's really doing a great job promoting the movie! I wonder if the other actors are as well or if it's mainly him? I mean, Sam Rockwell is very well known but not for comedy so much.

His voice just coming from my speakers like velvet the minute that play button is clicked......:heart: That will get a few more listens.

I loved hearing the story behind his Hurt Feelings over the forgotten birthday! I was thinking- this way was more sad, lol!! Poor Mum! :D

So those in L.A......be on the lookout for J riding his bike, hanging out at Largo and other comedy clubs and at the Mexican places!
Wonder if Bret will be there any time soon...(ok, he's in NZ now).....Maybe some lucky Angelino's will get an impromptu show. :D

He needs to do some audiobook reading....he's so good at doing different voices and obviously his voice is very easy to listen to...just sayin.....
Last edited by LauraK on Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby funny schipperke » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:05 am

Agreed Laura!
I love the way he pronounces "tacos", too!
I need to download this to my ipod so I can have his voice piped directly into my ears.

There are just no words to describe how much I love this man. :love:
Image Image

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:06 am

LauraK wrote:He needs to do some audiobook reading....he's so good at doing different voices and obviously his voice is very easy to listen to...just sayin.....

Oh my gosh! YIS! :nod:
ImageImageImageImage

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:10 am

LauraK wrote:I loved hearing the story behind his Hurt Feelings over the forgotten birthday! I was thinking- this way was more sad, lol!! Poor Mum! :D

Oh good lord you're killing me over here! I might have to dig out my headphones and listen right now. ;) I have always wondered if that was actually a true story, you know a real experience, something that happened to him etc etc, lol. Also Bret being called a fag because in school he took drama and other things as well.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:22 am

Hopefully you've listened- it's pretty short (too short) but a really good one. :)

His voice......*sigh*......he's such a dreamboat....:love:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:46 am

funny schipperke wrote:Agreed Laura!
I love the way he pronounces "tacos", too!
I need to download this to my ipod so I can have his voice piped directly into my ears.

There are just no words to describe how much I love this man. :love:

Oh I understand... totally.
ImageImageImageImage

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Re: Jemaine interview on KPCC

Postby Sherry » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:36 am

I split this from the random thread as tbh any radio interviews etc could do with their own thread, especially if they are online to listen/dl and are likely to get discussion, even if only a couple of pages.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:45 pm

KPCC's Alex Cohen spoke with Jemaine Clement about writer's block, literature, and his favorite places to hang out in Southern California.

You've got my attention now.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:13 pm

VMH, just carry around tacos with you and maybe he'll find you! :D

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:18 pm

closet jemainiac wrote:VMH, just carry around tacos with you and maybe he'll find you! :D

Hahaha! I haven't listened to the interview yet because my sister is asleep in the room and she's going to be peed if I play audio really loud (which I usually do at 7 AM). Thanks for the suggestion. I'll get right on that! If you happen to hear anything in the news about a girl stealing a taco cart from a taco vendor in LA, it's probably me.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:23 pm

You could get a surveillance taco truck. Like the FBI pizza van!
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

Return to “Jemaine Clement”