Suicide Girls Interview

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Re: Suicide Girls Interview

Postby mohumbhai mania » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:25 pm

The interviewer was really well-informed. And isn't the Suicide Girls a more sexy, free-wheeling website where celebrities give more candid interviews?
(I don't know, it's blocked at work... :D )
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

Hot Jam
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Hot Jam » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:58 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Venus wrote:
SG:What happened to the R in your name?

JC:When my mom had me, she was 17 and it was in the mid ‘70s at the height of Jackson 5 fever. I think she may have even been to a Jackson 5 concert sometime before she knew she was pregnant with me. So I was kind of named after Jermaine Jackson and my parents didn’t want me to be called Jerm in school, so they took the R out. In New Zealand you don’t really say your Rs
But if they don't pronounce the R in NZ he wouldn't have been called Jerm in school. I actually think it's the opposite, the way he says his own name in the Mugged episode sounds like there is an R in there. I'm confused. :rolleyes:

Hmmm. Good point, SW. But, I would suppose that the way that folks in NZ say the word 'germ' sounds distinctly different from the word 'Jem' to them. Perhaps to a non-New Zealandie it wouldn't sound as distinctly different. Also, the placment of the letter/sound makes a difference. Afterall, when Bret says his name, the 'r' is distinguishable. Well, anyway, I think his parents did right by him to spell his name differently because it suits him just fine. 8)

This was one of the better interviews I've read recently. I agree that Jemaine seemed to be more relaxed and playful during this occasion and they were able to nicely capture his tone in words (as so many others have not). His physical presentation is just his and his alone. I just think of some of those photo shoots that we all know and love as well as what we've all seen (live (- lucky) or on video (- less lucky)) him do on stage and how much they are in contrast to how he kind of buckles himself up when doing these press things. It's just kind of chuckle funny to me. :lol: - Though I understand it completely.

*sigh* He's just very nice, isn't he? :heart: Yes, yes he is. :nod:
"Where does the instrument begin and the man start?"
"Funny you should say that. That's how I feel when I play it."
- Bret and Jemaine, Omnichord banter, Radio City Music Hall, 4/15/2009

bakergirl30
Getting lewd with the food

Postby bakergirl30 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:28 pm

mohumbhai mania wrote:The interviewer was really well-informed. And isn't the Suicide Girls a more sexy, free-wheeling website where celebrities give more candid interviews?
(I don't know, it's blocked at work... :D )

Suicide Girls are Pin Up Girls. But with a twist. They are usually tattooed and are a bit alternative. They have photo books and do burlesque shows. :D
ImageImageImageImage

Peripeteia
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Peripeteia » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:37 am

Wow :shock: Let me just say that I am Uber-Stoked (do people still say that?) that Jem was interviewed by the Suicide Girls :twisted:...the Eagle has landed... :rock: :wink:
Height of rudeness....

Return to “Jemaine Clement”