"What We Do In The Shadows"

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
Kate
David Bowie's nipple antennae

"What We Do In The Shadows"

Postby Kate » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:36 am

Final 10 Announced(06-Nov-2005)

Headstrong Films has been contracted to develop four HD features for the New Zealand Film Commission. The team has been busy all year meeting with writers, directors and producers.

Headstrong wishes to thank everyone who sent scripts in for our second round. Once again the team was overwhelmed by the sheer volume and it (obviously) took us longer to read all the scripts than expected. So apologies to all. You've been very patient with us and we appreciate it.

The first round drew an enormous response, eventually garnering 140 scripts which were narrowed down to six projects by the team. The latest round brought an additional 70 new scripts, four of which have been targeted for development.

The Headstrong team was very encouraged by the diversity and originality on display and feel that the next great New Zealand pic lies within its slate.

We are proud to announce four additional projects to the overall slate.

In The Streets You Hold
Writer: Michael Kerby

Necrosis
Writer: James O'Sullivan

A Song of Good
Writer/director: Gregory King
Producer: Mark Foster

What We Do In The Shadows
Writer/Directors: Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi

These join the projects from the first round that are in development (below).

Blackwood Cabin
Writer/Director: Mark Prebble
Producer: Johnny Givens, Livingstone Productions

My Linoleum Dream
Writer/Director: Belinda Schmid
Producer: Rachel Gardiner

The Devil Dared Me To
Writers: Matt Heath, Chris Stapp
Producer: Video Nasties

Amatu
Writer: D.F Mamea
Producer: Buto Base

The Void
Writer: Gary Davies
Producer: Vicky Pope, Pop Films

Midnight Golfer
Writers: Luke Hedley & Christopher Nicholls

From the ten projects on its slate, Headstrong is looking to greenlight the first two projects before Santa comes.

http://www.headstrong.co.nz/news.php
Last edited by Kate on Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kate

Postby Kate » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:46 am

Here is the Press Release:

The NZFC And The Wicked Children
Tuesday, 8 November 2005, 9:42 am

Press Release: Headstrong
Nov 6th, 2005

Headstrong Films Press Release

Once upon a time there was a spooky
Film Commission in a far far away land.
The Commission, some say foolishly;
decided to let three wicked children make
four magical films for them. They were told
the films had to be peaceful and pure
of heart. Unfortunately the three naughty
children had other plans.

Headstrong Films has been contracted to develop four HD features for the New Zealand Film Commission. The team has been busy all year meeting with writers, directors and producers.

Headstrong wishes to thank everyone who sent scripts in for our second round. Once again the team was overwhelmed by the sheer volume and it (obviously) took us longer to read all the scripts than expected. So apologies to all. You've been very patient with us and we appreciate it.

The first round drew an enormous response, eventually garnering 140 scripts which were narrowed down to six projects by the team. The latest round brought an additional 70 new scripts, four of which have been targeted for development.

The Headstrong team were very encouraged by the diversity and originality on display and feel that the next great New Zealand pic lies within their slate.

We are proud to announce four additional projects to the overall slate.

In The Streets You Hold
Wri: Michael Kerby

Necrosis
Wri: James O’Sullivan

Song of Good
Wri/dir: Greg King
Prod: Mark Foster

What We Do In The Shadows
Wri/Dir: Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi

These join the projects from the first round that are in development.

Blackwood Cabin
Wri/Dir Mark Prebble
Prod: Johnny Givens, Livingstone Productions

My Linoleum Dream
Wri/Dir: Belinda Schmid
Prod: Rachel Gardiner

The Devil Dared Me To
Wri: Matt Heath, Chris Stapp
Prod: Video Nasties

A Japanese Werewolf in Auckland
Wri: D.F Mamea
Prod: Buto Base

The Void
Wri: Gary Davies
Prod: Vicky Pope, Pop Films

Midnight Golfer
Wri: Luke Hedley and Christopher Nicholls

From the ten projects on their slate, Headstrong are looking toward to greenlighting the first two projects before Santa comes.

The three wicked children made plans
to travel to the scary NZFC to seek the
mysterious green light, for without it
their journey will all be for naught.

Our fairly good tale continues....

Website
http://www.headstrong.co.nz

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/CU0511/S00071.htm
Last edited by Kate on Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:49 am

Kate, you sleuth! Where do you find these little treasures? :D

So cool! I hope Jemaine and Taika's picture gets made. I hope Mark Prebble's gets picked, too. :)
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Kate

Postby Kate » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:03 am

Andria wrote:Kate, you sleuth! Where do you find these little treasures? :D

http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?FORM ... %20Clement

Much more information here than at Google or Yahoo!

He can run, but he can't hide! :lol: I'm very proud of him for this accomplishment! I wonder if this will be a scary movie? :shock:
Last edited by Kate on Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ellen
Registered Rhymnecologist

Goodonya, guys!

Postby Ellen » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:04 am

Thank you, Kate, great find! Congratulations to Jemaine and Taika and here’s hoping for the eventual production of their project!

/me

Postby /me » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:07 am

Oooooooooh! :drool:
Ooooh Flight of the Conchords! You're so big!

:comehere: Conchordians Unite! Join the FotC map!

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:26 am

Wow - Super cool. Really, really exciting. WOOHOO! GO JEMAINE! GO TAIKA!!! :party:
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:12 am

Ooo! Excellent! I wish them both and Mark lots of luck!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Deirdre

Postby Deirdre » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:36 pm

:yay: I am so proud of them. :yay:

How exciting for the Veery Heery Duo!

Ellen

Script Submission Update

Postby Ellen » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:05 am

From the excellent and innovative website
http://www.headstrong.co.nz/
(and boy am I jealous and sad that I don't live in NZ because I have the perfect script for their Moonlight Shorts competition):

What We Do In The Shadows:
Interviews with some Vampires
Directors: Taika Waititi, Jemaine Clement
Be afraid... be not very afraid.

Logline: Being undead doesn't mean you don't have to pay your rent. A docu-mocu-mentary-style exposé on a group of vampires who flat together in a suburb of Wellington, What we do in the Shadows is a funny, poignant and heartfelt look at those of us who don't fit into society or popular mainstream culture; outcasts, nerds, foreigners and in our case... undead creatures of the night.

Synopsis: Vulvus, Viago and Deacon are all vampires who live here, among us. They are real vampires; undead, immortal creatures who stalk the night and hunt for the blood of humans, preferably virgins. But in night to night life we see that they are much the same as us, experiencing the same difficulties that life (or eternal life) throws at us, especially when it comes to living together in a flatting situation. While we are witness to many of the horrid and abominable aspects of Vampire life, such as hunting and feeding on humans, vampire rivalry and fighting werewolves, we are also invited for the first time ever, to view the way these immortal beings deal with keeping a clean house, rostering jobs week to week, shopping, going out to a bar, meeting people and trying to fit in. The only thing that separates these characters from the rest of us is that they have fangs, drink human blood and sleep in coffins.

Taika Waititi
Sometimes known to his white friends as Taika Cohen, Taika Waititi is an Oscar nominated film-maker. He has just finished filming his first feature, "Eagle vs. Shark", an awkward love story starring Loren Horsley and fellow "Shadows" collaborator Jemaine Clement. As a performer and comedian, Taika has been involved in some of the most innovative and successful original productions seen in New Zealand. He has a strong background in comedy writing and performing and with fellow comedian Jemaine Clement, has won New Zealand's top comedy award, the "Billy T", and also the "Spirit of the Fringe Award" in Edinburgh. He regularly does standup gigs in and around the country and has also been critically acclaimed for his dramatic abilities. In 2000 he was nominated for Best Actor at the Nokia Film Awards for his role in the Sarkies Brothers' film "Scarfies".

Jemaine Clement
Jemaine Clement has been working in the field of comedy for the last nine years. He has worked with Taika off and on for most of this time, mainly in the comedy duo, Humourbeasts. His most successful venture, folk-musical comedy duo Flight of the Conchords, has been nominated for the Perrier comedy award. The Conchords have been signed to write pilot scripts for both NBC and HBO and have recently recorded a half-hour special for American network HBO and a six-part radio series for BBC's Radio 2 in Britain. Jemaine is currently acting in Taika Waititi's 'Eagle vs Shark'.

Kate

Postby Kate » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:13 am

Thank you so much, Ellen! How awesome.... :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:38 am

Nicely done, Ellen. I love the idea of a mockumentary about Wellingtonian Vampires. I can't wait for that one to come out!

And... I always enjoy bananaman usage, Kate. :nana:

conchordgirl

Postby conchordgirl » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:53 am

Very Interesting Premise.. :hrm:
I've read quite a few of Anne Rice's Vampire books and this is definitely a twist.. I can't wait! Wow...

nicole
Oh, look at me! I'm the magical man from happy land, in a gumdrop house on lollipop laaaaaane!!
Oh by the way I was being sarcastic.--Homer Simpson

Ellen

Postby Ellen » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:05 pm

A poster for this film from Headstrong. Credit to Andy (who is quite the info-finder apparently) for submitting it to St. Clements.

Okay! Enough mindless surfing for me! Back to work I go! :whip:

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:50 pm

Eternity Sucks... :lol:

Return to “Jemaine Clement”