Jem's latest project 'Dinner for Schmucks' = "I'd Hit That"

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
LauraK
Boom King!

Re: Jemaine's latest project 'Dinner for Schmucks'

Postby LauraK » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:28 pm

Sounds perfect for Jemaine......:lol:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:32 pm

SheWolf wrote:But he is referred to as a "two cent Romeo" and as a "deadly sex fiend" who "likes big boobs." :roll2:

:lol: Fabulous.

Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Val2150 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:13 pm

Yes! Smarmy Jemaine is always fun. :lol:
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania

Kylie
New arrival

Postby Kylie » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:19 am

This sounds great, I hadn't even heard anything about it. !! Thanks for posting.

jillbean
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby jillbean » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:01 am

Val2150 wrote:Wait. Let me get this straight. Jemaine, Steve Carell, Paul Rudd and Zach Galifinakis ALL IN ONE MOVIE??? This is going to be awesome. :supz:

edit: I just noticed Ron Livingston in there too. This is seriously like all of my nerdgirl fantasies combined.

yuh-huh! :nod:

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:06 pm

New Trailer!:

I can't see Jemaine but Kristen is in it! :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

kipples
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby kipples » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:16 pm

Oh man that looks so funny!

I paused it loads to see if I could see Jemaine anywhere but, you're right Venus, he just doesn't seem to be in this one.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:20 pm

Thanks for posting this, Venus - hmmmm, interesting. :hrm:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:30 pm

I saw a different preview for this elsewhere (can't rememeber where) and they didn't mention J in the credits so I'm not expecting his role to be a big one. In the original his character (at least the one I thought he was playing) isn't even seen but that doesn't mean they haven't expanded it for the remake.
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:59 pm

Well, that looks hilarious. :D I'm seeing it with or without Jemaine.
ImageImage

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:10 pm

I wonder if they ended up cutting his part from the final version of the film. :hrm: I'll see it in the theater if he's in it, but I'll wait for it to get to HBO if he's not.

I do love me some Paul Rudd though :) I sat through 'Over her dead body' just to watch his parts. :D

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:00 am

Apr 7 2010 6:31 PM EDT
'Dinner For Schmucks' Director Says Stars Are 'Brilliant Improvisers'
'I feel extremely lucky to get to work with them,' Jay Roach says of Steve Carell, Paul Rudd and more.
By Larry Carroll

Jay Roach

Photo: MTV News

LAS VEGAS — At this very moment, it's hard to find a hotter trailer on the Web than the one promoting "Dinner for Schmucks," an offbeat comedy starring Steve Carell, Paul Rudd and Zach Galifianakis that is quickly rocketing up the ranks of must-see summer films. Lucky for us all, then, that we recently caught up with the film's director Jay Roach — who is ccertainly no schmuck when it comes to comedy.

"Steve Carell and Paul Rudd are very funny guys; I feel extremely lucky to get to work with them," grinned Roach, the hugely successful filmmaker behind the "Meet the Parents" and "Austin Powers" franchises. "They're brilliant improvisers — we all know that from 'Anchorman.' "

A loose remake of the 1998 French comedy "Le Diner de Cons," the July 23 film casts Rudd in the familiar role of the straight man, but bumps Carell to a level of sublime character silliness we haven't seen since the heyday of Brick Tamland.

"Paul plays a character who gets a job, and the initiation into that job [if he wants] the promotion is that he is supposed to bring a special person, a guest, to dinner," Roach explained of the concept, which has other guests bringing eccentric ventriloquists, mind-readers and such to break bread for their amusement. "The guests don't realize that they're being made fun of until afterwards."

Ultimately, the film goes beyond its laughs to make us explore our desire to be successful — and fear that such success could turn us into, well, jerks. "It's a weird little convent of rich guys who do this weird dinner," Roach said of the meal for morons. "Steve Carrell, who is a guest, turns [Rudd's] life upside-down and turns the dinner upside-down in a very funny way."

Asked for his favorite improvised scene of spontaneity, Roach pointed to a moment glimpsed in the new trailer. "There's a scene at the end when they face off against Zach Galifianakis — Steve Carrell works for Zach, and Zach has stolen his wife," the director explained. "Zach believes he has mind control.

"So he gets Steve Carell in a trance — which of course only works because Steve Carell believes he's in a trance — and those three guys improvising off of each other was electric," Roach said of the film's comedic climax. "There are about another dozen off-center characters around the table too, including a vulture trainer and a guy with a giant beard — it literally has swirls, he's a beard-competition guy. [There's also] a lady who talks to dead pets, and Jeff Dunham, the great ventriloquist, [plays a man] with a wife who is a puppet who's constantly trashing him.

"I love it when the secondary characters come in and stir the pot in a new way, partway through the movie," he added. "Jemaine Clement is in it too, from 'Flight of the Conchords,' and he's fantastic ... it's a table full of interesting, off-center people."

Source (click to also see a video of Jay Roach talking about this)
:)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:07 am

squeeeeee!

I cant wait! :yay:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:26 am

8)
ImageImage

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:07 am

I would probably go see this one even if Jemaine wasn't in it. But it's a definite plus that he is. :D

Return to “Jemaine Clement”