Is it possible that Jemaine...

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:33 am

Okay, here's some homework for us: We all should have at least one sentence we could say to each of the guys if the chance meeting ever arises. That way, if we happen to meet on the subway, or in the store, etc, we'd be totally prepared, and the flustered-ness that usually comes with the situation would be less likely to happen. We'd seem so together and not so likely to chase them away with our mushiness. :D
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

H....
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby H.... » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:28 am

Nancy Hillner wrote:Okay, here's some homework for us: We all should have at least one sentence we could say to each of the guys if the chance meeting ever arises. That way, if we happen to meet on the subway, or in the store, etc, we'd be totally prepared, and the flustered-ness that usually comes with the situation would be less likely to happen. We'd seem so together and not so likely to chase them away with our mushiness. :D

All well and good, but I happen to know that a meeting with Jem would automatically send me into a downward spiral of mega-spazfiedness! *Brain goes off to Jem-land for a little holiday*
Throw us your potatoes!

dangerous person

Postby dangerous person » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:58 am

Nancy Hillner wrote:Okay, here's some homework for us: We all should have at least one sentence we could say to each of the guys if the chance meeting ever arises. That way, if we happen to meet on the subway, or in the store, etc, we'd be totally prepared, and the flustered-ness that usually comes with the situation would be less likely to happen. We'd seem so together and not so likely to chase them away with our mushiness. :D

Great idea, here's mine
"jhg kjhgkljkar khrghr jkhgrhoia oewuigt sdalogopiwr? eh?"

or I'll just say something equally fascinating in French
or maybe I'll just ask Jemaine to mumble a bit and Bret to pout.
"We're a novelty music act, we're not a freak show"

saffymatt
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby saffymatt » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:36 pm

I had it all planned out, but I swear I couldn't think of a thing to say after I shook his hand, he smiled at me and knew who I was from myspace. He is just sooo good looking in person. I was extremely tired too. That didn't help at all. I really hope that they come down south somewhere closer to me so that I can get some sleep and have a rested brain the next time I meet them. I hope there is a next time. Bret told me that they were going to do a more extensive tour next year and I hope they will come out and meet their fans like they did this past tour.
Set your Phasers on Funky!

claire

Postby claire » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:01 pm

H.... wrote:All well and good, but I happen to know that a meeting with Jem would automatically send me into a downward spiral of mega-spazfiedness!

same here!! :lol:

claire

Postby claire » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:05 pm

saffymatt wrote:I had it all planned out, but I swear I couldn't think of a thing to say after I shook his hand, he smiled at me and knew who I was from myspace. He is just sooo good looking in person. I was extremely tired too. That didn't help at all. I really hope that they come down south somewhere closer to me so that I can get some sleep and have a rested brain the next time I meet them. I hope there is a next time. Bret told me that they were going to do a more extensive tour next year and I hope they will come out and meet their fans like they did this past tour.

oh that's cool he recognized you from myspace--i think my brain would turn to mush standing next to him, lol--thanks for that last bit of news that's something to look forward to!! :D

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:10 pm

Saffy - Jemaine has responded to you on his MySpace? I know there are many people who wish they could get some MySpace love from him.

Bret promised a more extensive tour next year!!!?!?!??!!? Yis!

Nancy - I had things prepared to say to Jemaine but in his presence they went out the window and may next time as well. I didn't feel nervous but I imagine my lack of anything memorable or coherent to say to him was an expression of nervousness. I know I talked to him, I may have even rambled, but the bulk of what I said is a blur to me now and I know I didn't ask him the things I wanted to.

claire

Postby claire » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:22 pm

i think the thing that makes me most nervous is that i'll say something really stupid and i'll be remembered as an idiot, lol--or i won't be able to think of anything to say and look like a bigger idiot!! tho it seems like both jemaine and bret have been very personable with everyone so i would imagine they make you comfortable? and didn't some of you mention that you got hugs?? :D

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:16 am

THAT'S what I forgot to do!!!!! :doh:
Get a hug!!!!
I was so busy shaking their hands and chatting, I forgot the most important thing - a hug!!! :bighug:
Okay, this proves that our minds turn to Jello and there's not much we can do about it. :dunno:

DP, I think your sentence is priceless! :rolls: :roll2:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

claire

Postby claire » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:46 pm

Nancy Hillner wrote:
claire wrote:Image

Every time I see a picture of Jemaine's lips, I start thinking of Deirde on the Texas Odyssey documentary. :lol: :roll2:

i just finally finished watching the full doc the whole way through (mostly because the girls in another thread mentioned the part at the end of him getting sixy with a chair, lol) but i loved seeing the part with the lips picture again, it's adorable how embarrassed he is!! :)

JulesJules

Postby JulesJules » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:24 pm

As far as one sentence to say if all the planets are aligned correctly and I actually bump into Jemaine (or Bret) on a bus/train/city street, do you suppose "I think you are sex on a mutha'uckin' stick" would be considered a tad TMI?

Seriously, I'd probably stammer something stupid and cliche like "I really like your work, blah blah blah" and would pretend to be all cool and collected, and then when I turned the corner and was out of sight, would do a little dance of joy ala Laura Linney's character in "Love, Actually", when she gets the sexy co-worker back to her flat.

I'd never ask for an autograph, because I just don't put my value on them, but if I had a camera with me, I would hope I'd be able to screw up the courage to ask for a picture, IF we met a time when it didn't appear he/they were too busy.

*sigh* at the possible future tour. I do hope they come somewhere near Atlanta. Even at $4/gal gas, I'd probably drive as much as a few hours to see them perform live.

claire

Postby claire » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:28 pm

JulesJules wrote:As far as one sentence to say if all the planets are aligned correctly and I actually bump into Jemaine (or Bret) on a bus/train/city street, do you suppose "I think you are sex on a mutha'uckin' stick" would be considered a tad TMI?

Image Image Image

actually i'm not much for autographs either, but jemaine and bret seem to write really cute things to people when they autograph things so i think i would want one from them... :)

saffymatt

Postby saffymatt » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:22 pm

I have sent Jemaine some messages and he has responded to a couple of them. Never the ones that I really want him to, but to the ones that are silly. That's okay because I think I would have died if he answered one of my serious questions. Plus we had a fun exchange in one of his blogs. I love his snarky side.

I didn't get a hug, but I he did put his arm around me when we were getting our picutre taken. And Claire, they do make you feel comfortable and like you are the only person around them while they are talking to you.

Jules, I will share the cost of gas with you. I cannot wait to see them again!
Set your Phasers on Funky!

claire

Postby claire » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:02 pm

saffymatt wrote:

I didn't get a hug, but I he did put his arm around me when we were getting our picutre taken. And Claire, they do make you feel comfortable and like you are the only person around them while they are talking to you.

aw that's so sweet :heart:

JulesJules

Postby JulesJules » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:26 pm

saffymatt wrote:I have sent Jemaine some messages and he has responded to a couple of them. Never the ones that I really want him to, but to the ones that are silly. That's okay because I think I would have died if he answered one of my serious questions. Plus we had a fun exchange in one of his blogs. I love his snarky side.

Jules, I will share the cost of gas with you. I cannot wait to see them again!

An arm around you is physical contact, and how can that be a bad thing? And I'll definitely take you up on the gas-splitting idea!!

I'm still hoping HBO will bring them to my office, maybe closer to the time the 2nd season airs. We didn't get any warning when they were bringing Snoop and Bubbles from "The Wire", and if they actually did bring the guys on a day I was not working, I think I would be crushed!

Return to “Jemaine Clement”