Is it possible that Jemaine...

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
claire
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby claire » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:36 pm

JulesJules wrote:I'm still hoping HBO will bring them to my office, maybe closer to the time the 2nd season airs. We didn't get any warning when they were bringing Snoop and Bubbles from "The Wire", and if they actually did bring the guys on a day I was not working, I think I would be crushed!

where do you work, why would hbo bring them to your office?? (and can we come to work with you that day LOL?????)

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:54 pm

JulesJules wrote:Seriously, I'd probably stammer something stupid and cliche like "I really like your work, blah blah blah" and would pretend to be all cool and collected, and then when I turned the corner and was out of sight, would do a little dance of joy ala Laura Linney's character in "Love, Actually", when she gets the sexy co-worker back to her flat.

I'd never ask for an autograph, because I just don't put my value on them, but if I had a camera with me, I would hope I'd be able to screw up the courage to ask for a picture, IF we met a time when it didn't appear he/they were too busy.

On the very rare occasion that I've met someone "famous" (I hate that word) I've never told them I like their work. It's just something I can't bring myself to do.

I'm not into autographs either. There was only one time when I got one and it was because the person didn't do photos with fans so the only reason I had to approach him was to get an autograph so I did.

I usually feel like a dork asking someone to take a pic with me but I didn't feel that way with Bret & Jemaine.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:07 pm

saffymatt wrote:I have sent Jemaine some messages and he has responded to a couple of them. Never the ones that I really want him to, but to the ones that are silly. That's okay because I think I would have died if he answered one of my serious questions. Plus we had a fun exchange in one of his blogs. I love his snarky side.

I didn't get a hug, but I he did put his arm around me when we were getting our picutre taken. And Claire, they do make you feel comfortable and like you are the only person around them while they are talking to you.

Care to elaborate just a bit on Jem's snarky side? Where are his blogs?

I guess I kind of got a sideways hug from Bret but getting a real hug from them wasn't a consideration. It's not something I would ever ask them to do. It seems a bit weird to me. I did put my arm behind Jemaine in Philly and I had a chunk of his jacket wadded up in my hand. At first I didn't realize my hand was there. I realized it when my friend was having trouble getting the camera to work and all of a sudden I felt awkward standing there gripping him.

I agree that they both make you feel like you are the only person when they are talking to you. Though from my limited observations I'd say that their personalities are different.

JulesJules
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby JulesJules » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:41 pm

claire wrote:
JulesJules wrote:I'm still hoping HBO will bring them to my office, maybe closer to the time the 2nd season airs. We didn't get any warning when they were bringing Snoop and Bubbles from "The Wire", and if they actually did bring the guys on a day I was not working, I think I would be crushed!

where do you work, why would hbo bring them to your office?? (and can we come to work with you that day LOL?????)

I work for Comcast, and HBO brought a couple of the stars from The Wire when The Wire started it's last season. We got to have our pictures taken with them (Snoop and Bubbles for any fans of the show).

It's a long shot at best, but I can dream that one day I will look up and see Jemaine and Bret exiting the elevator.

claire

Postby claire » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:19 pm

JulesJules wrote:I work for Comcast, and HBO brought a couple of the stars from The Wire when The Wire started it's last season. We got to have our pictures taken with them (Snoop and Bubbles for any fans of the show).

It's a long shot at best, but I can dream that one day I will look up and see Jemaine and Bret exiting the elevator.

wow that's cool, imagine?? :D

claire

Postby claire » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:32 pm

SheWolf wrote:
I guess I kind of got a sideways hug from Bret but getting a real hug from them wasn't a consideration. It's not something I would ever ask them to do. It seems a bit weird to me. I did put my arm behind Jemaine in Philly and I had a chunk of his jacket wadded up in my hand. At first I didn't realize my hand was there. I realized it when my friend was having trouble getting the camera to work and all of a sudden I felt awkward standing there gripping him.

i wouldn't ask for a hug either, i thought i'd read somewhere that someone got hugs and was curious about how it came about? it's gotta be weird for them for a stranger to want to hug them--tho i will say i got to hug my maiden guy once and it was the best hug of my life, it was in a bar and i'd had a couple of beers and the girl i was with asked him to sign something and then asked for a hug and then i just blurted out hey i want a hug too! luckily he laughed and just went in and gave me this huge bear hug, tugged on me so tight, it was so wonderful--but i must say that if it weren't for the beers and the fact that the girl i was with asked for one first i would never have even thought of asking, but i'm glad i did cuz it's a really nice memory--i am a big fan of hugging in general... :)

claire

Postby claire » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:12 pm

:shock: hey i am now a registered rhymnecologist!! :D

this calls for the dancing banana!!

:macarena: :nana: :macarena: :nana: :macarena:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:31 am

claire wrote:
SheWolf wrote:

I wouldn't ask for a hug either, i thought i'd read somewhere that someone got hugs and was curious about how it came about?

I do think someone here mentioned a hug but aside from that I've seen plenty o'hug pics on the net so obviously some fans didn't have a problem asking.

The maiden story is cool. I certainly wouldn't rule out a hug from Bret or Jemaine if I had a beer or 2 in me and if other people were asking for them.

HBThingy
Half a shapely halibut

Postby HBThingy » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:50 am

I think hugs are fine, but people kissing them was a bit too much :oops:
I asked for a picture first and just stood next to them, but Bret and Jemaine both put their hand on my left shoulder. :wings: My hands were to my sides lol!

Most of it is a blur...I think if I didn't have the pics, it would all be a dream.

JulesJules

Postby JulesJules » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:50 am

Well, in my worst nightmare, I'd be stinking drunk and ask to be the meat in a Conchord sammich. LOL I'd never do anything so crass, but it makes a nice visual. For me anyway.

I don't know that I'd ask for a hug, even after a beer or two, but if I were getting my picture taken I'd have to stand reeeally close, just to make sure I wasn't cut out of the frame, ya know? And if I were standing next to Jemaine, my eyes would have to sneak a peek at his tushy, even at the risk of him seeing me checking out his tushy. It would be impossible not to.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:03 pm

JulesJules wrote: And if I were standing next to Jemaine, my eyes would have to sneak a peek at his tushy, even at the risk of him seeing me checking out his tushy. It would be impossible not to.

My friend says that I was staring at his pants in Philly. I guess I was. I was surprised at how lean he is through the hips. But he's got curves in all the right places so it's hard to look away.
90% evil
ImageImage

saffymatt

Postby saffymatt » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:10 pm

Their blogs are on their myspace page. I don't know if you need to be a friend to look at them, but very rarely Jemaine will post a blog and then respond to some of the comments left.

So, Jemaine posted a blog about Summer Heights High and I got snarky that he was posting a show that I wouldn't ever get to see and he fought back. :shock: I about died. This is what it looked like when it happened, but on myspace you can respond to any post in a blog and it will post it right after whatever you responded to...so now in the blog it looks very disjointed. But I had the presecene of mind to screencap it as it was happening.

And Jules...if they come to where you work, you better let me know. :wink:
Set your Phasers on Funky!

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:24 pm

LOL. Thanks for sharing that. I don't do MySpace so I don't really know how it works and can't see the blogs or anything.

I was being nosy and checking to see how often Jemaine logs in and it was every single day during the time I kept track. I thought - WTF is he doing on here? He was supposed to be writing and there was no news to add to the site so I assumed he was reading what his quadrillion friends have to say which in my ever humble opinion is the last thing he should be doing.

I would have totally acted indignant about him calling me rude. I'd love to see more of his snarky side, being quite the snark myself, he and I could really go at it and it would be a blast.
90% evil
ImageImage

saffymatt

Postby saffymatt » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:55 pm

He tends to log in everyday. I don't tend to notice when he is on or not because he doesn't have his "online now" indicator turned on. I don't blame him, I think that if he did the ladies would go crazy. I think that he is addicted to myspace as the rest of us fools are.
Set your Phasers on Funky!

HBThingy
Half a shapely halibut

Postby HBThingy » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:47 am

One time after the tour ended the online now indicator was on. My god people started commenting like crazy. :shock:

I read the comments because it is very entertaining like a lava lamp. It is interesting how people post like a diary. I know if I was Jemaine I would go crazy managing that site.

hehe this reminded me when I told Bret he was a great skater after the gig. He was confused because he didn't know the music video premiered already. I thought this was because they were on tour and didn't check these things. At the time I didn't know Bret doesn't like the internet. :wink:

Return to “Jemaine Clement”