Jemaine as a guest voice in Napoleon Dynamite animated series

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Re: Jemaine as a guest voice in Napoleon Dynamite animated s

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:09 pm

I know, but I was simply pointing out that in MY mind - if Jemaine were to say, "Well nonch, it appears that you and I would make great mates!" His meaning might be different than what I would surely infer from it. :lol:

I'm so curious how they will 'draw' Jemaine's character. Will it look like him you think? I really like the way the other characters are captured, but who knows if the guest stars will be recognizable as themselves. I would think that would be a main advantage of having a guest star, (to pull their fans in) but I don't watch a lot of prime time animation. :dunno:

A teacher huh? They could use this for inspiration...

Or even better...this. :lol: (I couldn't find the pic without the crown) :worry:
Image..Image..Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:03 am

Holy cats. That pic is so hot. :drool: Something about the angle, the expression on his face and the creases.....the arrow-like creases....
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:13 am

The way he's sliding down the wall... :drool:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:42 pm

He looks great but the position is way awkward. Is that how one normally poses against a wall? LOL.

Nice photoshop find nonch. :lol: The smack downs were the best. I feel a tangent coming on, best take it here: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=3511&start=30
90% evil
ImageImage

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:52 pm

It looks like this series is scheduled to premiere on January 15th and will air the first two episodes back to back. Jemaine will guest star in the second episode entitled, "Scantronica Love". :thumb:

NAPOLEON DYNAMITE
Air Date: Sunday, January 15, 2012
Time Slot: 9:30 PM-10:00 PM EST on FOX
Episode Title: (DYN-103) "Scantronica Love"

[NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUNDAY, JANUARY 15

[EDITOR'S NOTE: Due to the preceding NFL Division Playoff Game and post-game coverage that airs until 8:00 PM ET, local programming will air until 8:00 PM on the West Coast.]

[EDITOR'S NOTE 2: THE CLEVELAND SHOW and AMERICAN DAD are preempted tonight.]

--"NAPOLEON DYNAMITE" - (9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT) CC-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

LOVE IS DECIDED BY THE SCANTRON MACHINE ON AN ALL-NEW "NAPOLEON DYNAMITE" SUNDAY, JANUARY 15, ON FOX

Haylie Duff guest-stars as Summer Wheatley

Jennifer Coolidge guest-stars as Mrs. Moser

Jemaine Clement guest-stars as Professor Koontz

When Professor Koontz (Jemaine Clement) uses a scantron machine to pair students romantically, Napoleon is matched with Tokiko, the Japanese exchange student (Lauren Tom), a disappointed Deb is paired with bully Don Moser (Jared Hess) and Pedro (Efren Ramirez) is happily paired with Don's girlfriend Summer Wheatley (Haylie Duff). Don's mother (Jennifer Coolidge) and sisters take Deb under their wings, which she reluctantly allows until she discovers they have ulterior motives in the all-new "Scantronica Love" episode of NAPOLEON DYNAMITE airing Sunday, Jan. 15 (9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (DYN-103) (TV-PG D, L, V)

Voice Cast: Jon Heder as Napoleon Dynamite; Aaron Ruell as Kip; Tina Majorino as Deb; Jon Gries as Uncle Rico; Efren Ramirez as Pedro; Sandy Martin as Grandma; Diedrich Bader as Rex

Guest Cast: Haylie Duff as Summer Wheatley, Jennifer Coolidge as Mrs. Moser and Jemaine Clement as Professor Koontz

Read more: Listings - NAPOLEON DYNAMITE on FOX | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/ ... z1hqOAJolI

Source

I can't find a lot of info, but according to Wiki there will be 6 episodes in Season One.

"Scantronica Love"
"Pedro vs. Deb"
"FFA"
"Ligertown"
"Rack-U-Tane"
"Thundercone"

I'll be watching. :D
Image..Image..Image

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:24 am

I didn't really get into Napoleon Dynamite, though I did think parts of it were funny. I was really tired the night I saw it and I fell asleep in the middle of it so I'm not the best judge of its merit. ;) I dig animation though so I'll probably see a few episodes. And of course I'll watch the one with Jemaine in it, at least. Dr. Koontz, eh? That should be interesting. :lol: Not a teacher, then. Less tweed, more white lab coat.

Oh no. :doh: :lol:

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:08 pm

No. No. No. :hrmpf: Here's hoping he is a hot professor. Not a liverspotted, potbellied doctor. :lol: (but now you've gone and got me scared of how they'll animate him) The other characters all resemble the real life actors, so one can hope that Professor Koontz will actually look something like Jemaine ( :drool: ) but then again, they all appeared in the original movie, and J's character didn't...so they really could do anything with him.

I hope the Professor is modeled after one of these guys. :) :pray:

Image...or...Image

and of course everyone's favorite lecture 'look'...

Image :thumb:

I wonder what voice Jemaine will use for the professor? I'm totally imagining Dr. Chevalier's voice now.
"Ladies and gentlemen....I present to you the Scantron! *dramatic pause* You're pathetic days of loneliness are over - thanks to me." :lol:

With Jemaine cast as a matchmaker, I also can't help but think of Bret's comment, "If there's love involved, Jemaine probably did it." :heart: :)
Image..Image..Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:39 pm

Aw man...now you've gone and put Chevalier's voice in my head too for Dr. Koontz. :lol:

I've only ever seen bits and pieces of ND and thought 'meh,' but I'm looking forward to seeing this. We also like animation in this house.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:46 am

nonchalant obsession wrote:Image

This looks more like a schoolboy than a professor. Maybe it's because his outfit reminds me of Angus Young, except much cuter of course.

Image...or...Image
Serious professors who invent things like the Scantron do not pretend to pick their noses in photos. :hrmpf: :lol: I'm down with the second one though. :drool: The watch/glasses combo makes him seem extra smart. ;)

nonchalant obsession wrote:and of course everyone's favorite lecture 'look'...

Image :thumb:

:rolls: Don't all scientists dress up when they unveil their inventions? :lol: I for one am glad to see that Jemaine isn't afraid to make unusual fashion choices - no stuffy old suit for him. The embarassing thing though was that Jodie Foster showed up to present her invention dressed in the same outfit. :oops:

With Jemaine cast as a matchmaker, I also can't help but think of Bret's comment, "If there's love involved, Jemaine probably did it." :heart: :)

Such a sweet quote. Especially coming from a guy whose songs are all about death. ;) :lol:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:44 pm

mockingbird wrote:
nonchalant obsession wrote:Image

This looks more like a schoolboy than a professor. Maybe it's because his outfit reminds me of Angus Young, except much cuter of course.
Agreed, it's very British schoolboy.

mockingbird wrote:
nonchalant obsession wrote:Image...or...Image
Serious professors who invent things like the Scantron do not pretend to pick their noses in photos. :hrmpf: :lol: I'm down with the second one though. :drool: The watch/glasses combo makes him seem extra smart. ;)
Nose picking?. That's his I'm so smart I'm thinking with a finger to my lip pose. The 2nd look is his scholarly reaction to your lifting your skirt up. Hmmmm, yes must study this situation closely.....
90% evil
ImageImage

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:47 pm

SheWolf wrote:Nose picking?. That's his I'm so smart I'm thinking with a finger to my lip pose.

:lol: OK, I can see that now. Why did I always interpret that as a subtle attempt to pick his nose? I'm so immature. :P

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:29 pm

You guys. :bounce:

The website for the series is here http://www.fox.com/napoleon-dynamite/videos/ The first clip includes bits from the Scantronica Love episode, but I don't think we see Jemaine's character. A couple of those quick shots of Jared Hess actually caused a momentary gasp - I really wanted to see Jemaine.
Image..Image..Image

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:02 pm

I've seen a couple of teasers on FOX, emphasizing Napoleon Dynamite. They've sure put it in a winning spot - between Simpsons and Family Guy. Who could ask for better placement?

Yeah, the cartoon Jared Hess looks just like him. Can't wait to see the Jemaine-toon. :D
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:11 am

I think the guy in the middle of the tiny pic below could be Professor Koontz. What do you think? It's from the "Scantronica Love" ep that Jemaine guest stars in and it looks like they're using a machine to pair students up as it says in the synopsis. :)

For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:26 pm

:D I'll bet you're right. The scene makes sense. (Rorschach test?? lol) I can't believe you found that! :supz:

So they sort of went with this look for the good Professor,

combining it with Murray Hewitt's sartorial sense. :lol:

I enlarged it a bit.

No glasses, but it looks like maybe the gap is there! :bounce:
Jemaine didn't have glasses on the last time we saw him either, did he? Probably got lasiked.
I think we all have to face that this is probably what he looks like in real life now. :P
Image..Image..Image

Return to “Jemaine Clement”