R-R-R-R-Random Jemaine Discussion (Part 2)

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Re: R-R-R-R-Random Jemaine Discussion (Part 2)

Postby Venus » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:13 am

That title sounds...interesting...:lol: I'll check out their videos.
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:42 pm

They're 2 separate songs and...I don't think they'd make it on the radio here... :lol:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Venus

Postby Venus » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:22 pm

Haha, I checked them out and yeah I understand why they may not make it to radio. ;)

Another version of the 90s Milky Bar ad featuring Jemaine has shown up :)

The other version which was previously uploaded for those who haven't seen it yet:
&

Venus

Postby Venus » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:05 pm

Jemaine posted about a film called "Love Story" on FB recently in which he said the film was "one of my favourites of recent times". You can also read an interview with the filmmaker here which states:
(Author note: Hachbiet said his father is now so popular in New Zealand he’s been approached to act alongside Jermaine Clement of Flight of the Conchords in an upcoming film.)

I wonder if this is the vampire movie or something else Jemaine is working on. 8)
&

Venus

Postby Venus » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:33 am

Celeb cameo at sausage sizzle
December 6, 2012

Oxfam Trailwalker team Team Back in 5 and their support crew were busy setting up a sausage sizzle fundraiser outside Bunnings in Wellington when a fabulously famous Kiwi pulled up to the carpark on his bike.

Not one to miss an opportunity, support crew member Kim Partridge tried (unsuccessfully) to be inconspicious while she sussed out whether the man in question was actually Flight of the Conchords star Jemaine Clement or just a dashing doppelganger.

Kim, who took part in Oxfam Trailwalker last year said: "I approached him by telling him I was taking part in a charity fundraiser and asked whether it would be possible for him to pose for a photo. His reply was "For Oxfam, no problem" and he took time out from shopping to pose for some snaps and say hello to the crew. Unfortunately he felt really bad at not having any cash on him to buy a sausage so we offered him one from free — he said he couldn't possibly take a sausage from Oxfam but finally relented! It was really nice of him to come over and speak to us and although it was embarrassing to ask for a photo, I'm glad we did!"

Team Back in 5 are at the $800 mark with their Oxfam Trailwalker fundraising. Last year Jemaine's comedy partner Bret supported Oxfam's Biggest Coffee Break.

Source

:D
&

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:17 am

That's so adorable and heartwarming I'm not even going to make any "sausage sizzle" comments. :)

Venus

Postby Venus » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:51 pm

Darby and Clement film in Auckland park
Last updated 05:00 11/01/2013

LAWRENCE SMITH / Fairfax NZ
RIGHT DIRECTON: Flight of the Conchords star Jemaine Clement sitting in the director's chair in Auckland yesterday.

LAWRENCE SMITH / Fairfax NZ
ACTING UP: Rhys Darby, dressed as an elderly woman, filming in Auckland yesterday.

Rhys Darby has called on some famous friends to help bring his new television show to life.

The actor's Flight of the Conchords co-star Jemaine Clement took a seat in the director's chair during the filming of Short Poppies in Auckland's Western Park yesterday.

While Clement was behind the camera, Darby donned a wig and pink tracksuit top to play an older woman fighting with a lycra-clad cyclist. Former TV3 journalist David Farrier is also part of the show's cast.

Short Poppies has been shrouded in secrecy since and received more than $700,000 in NZ On Air funding in August last year. Filming began in November.

However, in an American radio interview three months ago, Darby - who wrote the series - described it as a series of fictional, long-form filmed interviews where he plays the main characters. At the end of the season, the characters come together to watch the final result

"This is a chance for me to show my character skills and it's the first time I get to write the whole thing myself as opposed to being a part of someone else's show," he said.

The eight half hour episodes will screen on TV One later this year.

Source

And Happy Birthday to Jemaine! :supz: :clap: :birthday: :party: :dance: :boogie: :cheer:
&

Venus

Postby Venus » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:56 pm

Jemaine is going to guest star in a new animated series called "Out There"
[02/05/13 - 08:02 AM]
Ellen Page, Jason Schwartzman, Sarah Silverman & More Guest Star in IFC's New Animated Series "Out There" - Premieres February 22
Other guest stars include Selma Blair, Jemaine Clement, Nick Offerman, Stephen Root and Christian Slater.
[via press release from IFC]
SELMA BLAIR... JEMAINE CLEMENT... NICK OFFERMAN... ELLEN PAGE... STEPHEN ROOT... JASON SCHWARTZMAN... SARAH SILVERMAN... AND CHRISTIAN SLATER TO GUEST STAR IN IFC'S NEW ANIMATED ORIGINAL SERIES

Created By Ryan Quincy, two-time Emmy(R)-winning animation director and producer of South Park

Premieres Friday, February 22 at 10:30pm ET/PT on IFC

First Look Clip of Jason Schwartzman Guesting on Out There: http://www.ifc.com/out-there/videos/out-there-benjamin

New York, NY- Tuesday, February 5, 2013 - IFC announced today a roster of notable voices guesting on the network's upcoming original animated series, Out There. Selma Blair (Anger Management, Hellboy), Jemaine Clement (Flight of the Conchords), Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation), Ellen Page (Juno, Inception), Stephen Root (King of the Hill, Office Space), Jason Schwartzman (Moonrise Kingdom, The Darjeeling Express), Sarah Silverman (Wreck It Ralph, The Sarah Silverman Program) and Christian Slater (Breaking In, Robot Chicken) will voice a variety of characters in the coming-of-age comedy. Created by Ryan Quincy, two-time Emmy(R)-winning animation director and producer of South Park, Out There premieres Friday, February 22 at 10:30pm ET/PT with two back-to-back episodes.

"I'm beyond amazed at the guest stars we were able to cast," said Ryan Quincy. "All of them I've long admired and I think they all share an outsider quality that is a perfect fit for the Out There universe."

Pamela Adlon (Louie, King of the Hill), Fred Armisen (Portlandia, SNL), Linda Cardellini (ER, Freaks and Geeks), John DiMaggio (Futurama, Adventure Time), Kate Micucci (Raising Hope, Bored to Death), Megan Mullally (Children's Hospital, Party Down) and Justin Roiland (Fish Hooks, Adventure Time) will voice the series' principal cast of characters, along with Ryan Quincy, who will be the voice of the main character, Chad Stevens.

Out There chronicles the misadventures of socially awkward Chad, his little brother Jay (Kate Micucci) and his best friend, Chris (Justin Roiland). Living in the small town of Holford, the boys wander its surreal, bleak landscape waiting out their last few years of high school and discovering that growing up is weird to do. Puberty, first loves, social ostracism, conservative parents, single moms and their disastrous boyfriend choices, Out There confronts these perils of youth and explores that terrifying limbo between childhood and adulthood when fragile young personalities form and re-form. Relive the agony and ecstasy of those special times as Chad and Chris try to navigate life... out there.

Out There is created, written by and executive produced by Quincy. Tony Gama-Lobo (King of the Hill) and Rebecca May (King of the Hill) are executive producers. Out There is produced for IFC by 20th Century Fox Television.

About IFC

IFC creates and champions authentic, original comedies that are "Always On. Slightly Off," which air alongside an extraordinary collection of films and comedic cult TV shows. IFC.com features exclusive video, web series, podcasts, blogs and additional content that engages fans with IFC originals. The network's On Demand offering, IFC Free, gives viewers the opportunity to watch select content from IFC whenever they want. Established in 1994, IFC is owned and operated by AMC Networks Inc. and is available in nearly 70 million homes on every major cable, satellite and TelCo provider.

Source
&

Venus

Postby Venus » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:33 am

Jemaine's episode on "Out There" will be airing this Friday at 10pm EST on IFC :)

ETA: Ryan Quincy posted this on Twitter:
Guess who's coming to dinner. Special guest stars @SelmaBlair and Jemaine on tonight's @IFCOutThere @IFC pic.twitter.com/eNGeQ7GdWi

Source
&

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:21 am

Thanks for the heads up, Venus.
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Venus

Postby Venus » Fri May 31, 2013 1:01 am

Looks like Jemaine has got another voice feature in an animation lined up :)

ShadowMachine: Recording across the world with Jemaine for #triptank #spaceanimals

Source

scoutypie: Skype records with Jemaine Clement #triptank #spaceanimals #flightoftheconcords #shadowmachine

Source

TheMikeRoberts: Good day! Thanks Jemaine! “@ShadowMachine: Recording across the world with Jemaine for #triptank #spaceanimals”

Source

Some info about Trip Tank:
TRIPTANK
In Production at Comedy Central

TRIPTANK is a block of animation shows in a variety of formats by a variety of talented writers, creators, and animators.

Source

Comedy Central Orders Animated ‘Triptank’; Pilot Stars Larry David & Zach Galafianakis
By THE DEADLINE TEAM | Thursday October 18, 2012 @ 10:02am PDT

The network has picked up an eight-episode series for the weekly show. Triptank will debut on Comedy Central in the fall of 2013. The show will be an amalgamation of animated comedy shorts created by a varied list of creators, some better known than others. Larry David, The Hangover’s Zach Galafianakis, Breaking Bad’s Bob Odenkirk, Kumail Nanjiani, Go On’s Brett Gelman and Kyle Kinane all participated in the series’ pilot. Tiptank will weave together stand-alone shorts as well as recurring narrative pieces in each episode. The show is executive produced by ShadowMachine’s Alex Bulkley and Corey Campodonico. Monika Zielinska is the Executive in Charge of Production for Comedy Central.

Source
&

somekindofsomething
New arrival

Postby somekindofsomething » Fri May 31, 2013 4:29 am

so hey you guys, I know I'm not on much, and I'm still pretty much a newbie, but I've still been watching a lot of FOTC stuff, and also their individual works. But while obsessing over the song, "Sellotape" by them, I've come across this video on Youtube. I've seen pictures of this performance, but never the actual performance, and I just wanted to take the time to point out (I'm sure most of you have seen this already) how INCREDIBLY ATTRACTIVE Jemaine looks here! Like, holy poop, I can't even deal. Look at him with his....WORDS, and his facial expressions. And Bret looks so young and adorable here!:3 But like, WOAH. I sound like a typical teenager, don't I? Lol!

yis
New arrival

Postby yis » Fri May 31, 2013 10:11 am

Hi, skos!
If you like (extreme understatement!) Jemaine's look here, then I'd recommend watching these other two live performances, if you haven't seen them already:

http://youtu.be/iR2L98gobTQ Bowie's in Space (watch the sunglasses)
http://youtu.be/fqWrU2NValU If You're Into It, Prince of Parties, Hiphopopotamus vs Rhymenoceros

Deep v-neck? Check. Tinted glasses? Check.
Oh, and Bret? Where's your good-looking beard?
... grumbled Albi, quite racistly.

Venus

Postby Venus » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:01 pm

Yes, I love watching their earlier performances! Cool sunglasses too. 8)

During an interview with Steve Carell on 3 News NZ:
Carell's not coming to New Zealand while he's down-under. He's never been, but thinks he knows what it would be like.

"Jemaine clement – that's the first thing that comes to mind because I have worked with him," he says. "I liked him a lot and I'm a huge fan.

"A whole country of Jemaines – that's what I expect and I'll be disappointed if that's not the case when I go."

Source (And you can watch the video here)
:)
&

somekindofsomething
New arrival

Postby somekindofsomething » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:23 am

yis wrote:Hi, skos!
If you like (extreme understatement!) Jemaine's look here, then I'd recommend watching these other two live performances, if you haven't seen them already:

http://youtu.be/iR2L98gobTQ Bowie's in Space (watch the sunglasses)
http://youtu.be/fqWrU2NValU If You're Into It, Prince of Parties, Hiphopopotamus vs Rhymenoceros

Deep v-neck? Check. Tinted glasses? Check.
Oh, and Bret? Where's your good-looking beard?

Also, thank you SO much for the video links. Gosh, Jemaine needs to just not be so attractive. But he can't not be. And I'm perfectly okay with that. Bret is still so adorable, though!

Return to “Jemaine Clement”