What We Do In The Shadows feature film!

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Re: What We Do In The Shadows feature film!

Postby Venus » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:10 pm

:nod: Agreed, Ryche. We always knew our boys were destined for great things ;)

No problem, Nancy! There are even more photos on the What We Do in the Shadows FB page and on Flickr

Source

Clip of Jemaine & Taika on V 360
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:37 am

I want to see this so badly!

and i miss them. :heart:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Venus

Postby Venus » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:44 am

Hopefully you will see it soon, Laura.

So a couple of days ago I told Great H about buying tickets to a special screening next Friday with a meet & greet included in Auckland! H bought her ticket so I can't wait to read all about her experience! :yay:

New clip!
&

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:31 pm

:yay: Yay!!! :yay:

Can't wait to hear all about it. :popcorn:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Great H » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:13 am

No pressure or anything Venus, LOL! :shock: :lol:

Venus

Postby Venus » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:33 am

Oh of course no pressure at all, H. It's not like I really want to know what happens on the night or anything. ;)

But seriously, having fun is the main thing and I know you're going to have a lovely time. So excited for you! :D

Scans of Jemaine's interview in the Sunday Star-Times magazine! :D :heart:

Great interview with Taika talking about working with Jemaine & much more
&

Great H

Postby Great H » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:31 am

Vampires take over 'Vellington' - Wellie is renamed!

Venus

Postby Venus » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:41 pm

"Vellington" is a nice touch :lol:

Video: Kiwi vampires visit Vellington

Jemaine & Taika have been doing the media circuit so there are lots of interviews floating around :D

The Hits (10 mins in)
ZM (from 26:14-the end)
Jono & Ben
Video: Breakfast on One
Video: The Rock FM
George FM Breakfast
Video: The Edge
Video: Interview with David Farrier

NZ Herald/TimeOut interview

Another clip:

Auckland premiere:

Some photos:
Source
Source
NZ Herald/TimeOut:
Source
Source

Tons of photos from the Auckland premiere

H, your photo with the boys is wonderful! Looks like it was a fun night all round. :D

Great review from Stuff.co.nz-"Vampire flick hilariously deadpan"
&

Great H

Postby Great H » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:56 pm

Well as most of you probably know by now, I set forth on the evening of Friday the 13th, under a blood red full moon (OK it wasn't blood red, I just thought that sounded better... but it WAS a full moon, no really!) and went to meet a couple of vampires.

Was I scared? You bet. But it turned out to be a fangtastic event - despite the dead body at the door. (I think they must've found that skeleton prop that went missing in the harbour during filming...)

Walking up the stairs to collect my ticket I wandered past the 10 winners of the WWDITS poster competition - wishing I'd got around to getting my entry in on time - there were some incredible entries even if mine wasn't one of them!

Then up the red carpet, with cobwebs draped everywhere, and a table of 'Delicious Necks' Pale Ale (with a picture of Petyr on the label) awaits us at the top. (How do I upload a pic again?) I nab one and join the crowd milling about chatting with various costumed types and getting their photos taken with the guys. I got Taika and Jemaine to sign their cover of the Time Out magazine (which is coming your way in a few days Venus!) before I jumped in for my chance - and Jemaine decided he should show the cover in the photo to prove it really was them who signed it. I also asked Petyr for his autograph, but he just roared at me (exactly like he does in the film!) and Jemaine giggled. :lol: To be fair, it would probably be really hard holding a pen with those fingernails...

It was so fun watching the guys interact with everybody for their photos - they pulled some crazy faces and poses! It looked like fun but it probably was really hard work and exhausting for them as there were quite a lot of people there - and there had been a 'celebrity' showing (NZ TV presenters, Shortland St actors, and other media darlings) immediately before ours which they must've worked as well.

By now the film was due to start so I reluctantly pulled myself away. But first a visit to the little girls room - only to find the mirrors and walls are covered in (fake, I hope!) blood. Oh boy, the cleaners are going to have fun with THIS, lol!

By the time I get into the cinema the film has already started - but so many people are still in the lobby they stop the film so they can restart it a few minutes later when everybody is in. Which is especially great because at that point Taika and Jemaine come to the front and give a little introduction. Having followed all the media interviews beforehand, I've heard most of their little spiel several times already, but it's obviously new to most judging by all the giggles.

Then we settle back to watch the film. And it's BRILLIANT!
I giggled nearly the whole way through, and like FOTC some it was in-your-face obvious (but completely deadpan) and other stuff was subtle and off hand. LOVED the power lines moment and the mirror at the ball! I loved the werewolves and Petyr's character too! There were a couple of flat moments, and sometimes they seemed to forget it was meant to be a 'documentary' not a drama, but I reckon they were only noticeable because everything else was so good. I totally fell in love with the Viago character (Taika) and those big expressive dandy eyes, lol!

There wasn't a Q&A afterwards unfortunately - but they are giving a talk in town later this week - not sure I'm going to be able to get to that though :(

Anways... you guys are gonna love this film I'm sure - I can't wait to go see it again when it opens later this week!

Venus

Postby Venus » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:50 pm

:yay: Thanks so much for sharing your experience, H! :thumb: I'm so glad you enjoyed the film and the whole event itself. Seeing all the props around the cinema must have been really cool! 8)

Good on Jemaine and Taika for giving up their time to chat and take pictures with everyone. It must have been such a busy night for them and I see they hopped on a plane to Sydney for a screening and Q&A this evening but I bet all of their hard work will pay off. :D

Great H wrote:Then up the red carpet, with cobwebs draped everywhere, and a table of 'Delicious Necks' Pale Ale (with a picture of Petyr on the label) awaits us at the top. (How do I upload a pic again?) I nab one and join the crowd milling about chatting with various costumed types and getting their photos taken with the guys.

You can upload a pic as an attachment by clicking on "Choose File" under the "Upload attachment" feature under the "Preview, Submit, Save and Cancel" options when you're posting a reply. Or you can upload it to a file sharing site like photobucket or tinypic and copy the image URL between the code: [ IMG ] [/ IMG] (without spaces). I'd love to see any other pics you took!

Ooh, I've heard about about the Delicious Neck beer. Did you enjoy it? :drinkers:

I got Taika and Jemaine to sign their cover of the Time Out magazine (which is coming your way in a few days Venus!) before I jumped in for my chance - and Jemaine decided he should show the cover in the photo to prove it really was them who signed it. I also asked Petyr for his autograph, but he just roared at me (exactly like he does in the film!) and Jemaine giggled. :lol: To be fair, it would probably be really hard holding a pen with those fingernails...

:spit: :prayer: Wow, thank you so much for thinking of me, H! I owe you big time! :hug: Haha, I can totally imagine Petyr's reaction. :lol:

I'm so excited to watch this film in August! It's interesting that Taika and Jemaine are considering filming a spin-off about the werewolves. :D
&

Venus

Postby Venus » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:44 pm

&

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:17 am

How wonderful, H! :yay:
Reading WTF members' encounters with the guys never gets old!!! :hrmpf:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Venus

Postby Venus » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:34 pm

:nod:

What We Do in the Shadows is officially out in NZ! :D

Radio interviews:

Jemaine on The Hits
Jemaine on The Edge
Jemaine on Radio NZ

Great pics:
SFF 2014 Closing Night - Awards and What We Do in the Shadows Q&A
Friday 13th Photobooth madness

At the Wellington premiere:
Blood-red premiere for vampires
Source
Source

Videos:
HAURAKI TV: Taika Waititi & Jemaine Clement Interview

Behind The Lid - Vellington Sign:
&

Great H

Postby Great H » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:53 am

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention - Deacon has an extra little bit after the credits, so don't run out as soon as the film finishes... :wink:

Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:16 am

Thanks so much, H! We all appreciate you writing such a detailed report (including the trip to the potty) :blush: , because we get to live the experience through you.

So happy for you, and of course, for Jemaine and Taika. :supz:

Return to “Jemaine Clement”