What We Do In The Shadows feature film!

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
Diah
Half a shapely halibut

Re: What We Do In The Shadows feature film!

Postby Diah » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:48 am

Im so excited im posting everywhere! They deserve this so much! I finally get to see Jemaine and all his awesome Kiwi mates on the big screen! Yipee! :clap:
ImageImage

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:30 am

I could not believe Carson mispronounced Jemaine's last name at the beginning and end of the segment!!! Geesh, doesn't he watch and hear how Jemaine pronounces his name??? :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

But it was an excellent segment! :thumb:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

MVL
Lost but happy at sea

Postby MVL » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:36 am

Have to say, the HitFix Q&A re: Bret's Oscar left a bad taste in my mouth. Not so much because of the answer itself (I guess that's really how J feels about it); more because I'm unsure why questions comparing/rating their awards needed to be asked, & answered. If I remember correctly, there was this deflection by Bret when the interview topic was one Conchord having an Academy award, around the time of "Feel Inside": "No comment, as you can see it causes quite a bit of tension. No comment." Ah well, I'm a bit unwell today (& missing Bret still); I'll feel better about the thing later.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:07 am

I'm not surprised the question about one receiving an Academy Award is asked. It's a big deal, a huge accomplishment, and a reaction from each band member should be expected. I personally thought both reactions were with tongue planted firmly in cheek, but I may be referring to the wrong interview. Was the HitFix interview the same as the Carson Daly segment, the interview Venus most recently posted? If so, then J was definitely answering with his wry sense of humor - at least I thought so, with lots of :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: .
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

MVL
Lost but happy at sea

Postby MVL » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:24 am

Nancy wrote: ... I may be referring to the wrong interview. Was the HitFix interview the same as the Carson Daly segment, the interview Venus most recently posted? If so, then J was definitely answering with his wry sense of humor - at least I thought so, with lots of :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: .

It's a different interview that hasn't yet been posted, I believe. Carson Daly's I enjoyed very much :) Got a different vibe from the other one, but as I said it could just be me, today.

MVL
Lost but happy at sea

Postby MVL » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Nancy wrote:I'm not surprised the question about one receiving an Academy Award is asked. It's a big deal, a huge accomplishment

I agree. I start not to enjoy the questions when they judge/compare the value of awards/nominations gotten by each.

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:16 am

This is the HitFix interview:

It was a weird question to ask and the interviewer did attempt to devalue Bret's Oscar by implying that a songwriting award isn't as prestigious as an acting award.
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

MVL
Lost but happy at sea

Postby MVL » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:31 pm

Now I'm wondering whether HitFix has a particular agenda in asking those questions. I was Googling news on Jemaine & saw a HitFix article listed as one of the results. This is the writeup describing the same video posted above:

'Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi serve up excellent horror satire in "What We Do in the Shadows," and it's nothing like the criminally terrible "Scary Movie" stuff you've choked down for the past 15 years. The film, which premieres February 13, takes a mockumentary approach to vampire culture that makes you realize a coven of bloodsuckers is not so different from the cast of "Modern Family."

'We asked the two about the movie's very casual use of special effects, the movies they care about most, and whether or not Bret McKenzie -- Clement's Flight of the Conchords partner -- really earned that Oscar for "Man or Muppet." '

http://www.hitfix.com/news/jemaine-clement-and-taika-waititi-on-what-we-do-in-the-shadows-and-bret-mckenzies-oscar

At least they were trying to praise 'WWDitS.' Satire, though?

Opening weekend! I hope it does well. And it's the special screening date for certain KS backers too, isn't it? Jemaine & Taika must be exhausted by now with the promotion but it all helps to wrest deserved attention away from 'Fifty Shades.'

Venus

Postby Venus » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:53 pm

I guess the interviewer was trying to make Jemaine feel better about J's accomplishments too and it may have been a light hearted question not to be taken too seriously but yeah, it's unnecessary to pit them against each other. There were some uncomfortable questions around the time Jemaine was nominated for the Best Actor Emmy too but at least Bret & Jemaine aren't competitive against each other as other people may make them out to be.
&

Venus

Postby Venus » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:39 pm

The list of theatres screening WWDITS theaters has been released. Hope many of you are able to see it :D http://www.whatwedointheshadows.com

Jemaine and Taika have been very busy promoting WWDITS over the past week. Here's just a selection of interviews/appearances they made!:

Videos:

Jemaine on NBC Sport's Men in Blazers
Men in Blazers After the Pies pt 1
Men in Blazers After the Pies pt 2

Falling in love with Jemaine & Taika_ J&T asking each other the 36 questions which apparently make people fall in love :lol:

Good interview with VICE

Jemaine about whether various celebs including Benedict Cumberbatch, Beyonce & Kim Kardashian are vampires (I like his Ariana Grande joke :lol:)

"Watch Flight of the Conchord's Jemaine Clement Play The Craziest Instrument Out There " | Show Clip

Jemaine & Taika on HuffPost Live

Jemaine & Taika on AOL Build moderated by Eugene Mirman :)

Q&A at USC

New US/Canada trailer

AMD Podcast:

Table Talk with J & T

Podcast:

Jemaine & Taika on Today We Learned
Jemaine & Taika on the Nerdist Podcast
Jemaine representing Team New Zealand on Ep 44 of International Waters, "Discourse is Dead"
Jemaine on Q on CBC radio
NPR: What Do We Do 'In The Shadows'? Dishes, Mostly
Doug Loves Movies
Sklarbro Country

NYC Screening Pics
Jemaine, Taika & Eugene at AOL Build]
Doug Loves Movies:
Jemaine on Men in Blazers:
On Sklarbro Country:
On Today We Learned:
Post NYC screening Q&A with Jemaine, Taika & Cori
Source
Post LA screening Q&A with Jemaine, Taika & Rhys
Source

Interviews/articles:
“WHAT WE DO IN THE SHADOWS” creators reveal what they didn’t do
Interview: Jemaine Clement Talks WHAT WE DO IN THE SHADOWS (and working with Bret) in Twitchfilm
AV Club- Jemaine Clement talks about life as a vampire, his Conchords co-stars, and Davids Larry and Bowie
Interview with The Dissolve- Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi on their years-in-the-making vampire comedy What We Do In The Shadow
Interview with Flavorwire- Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi on Second-Wave Vampire Movies, the Conchords Reunion, and ‘What We Do in the Shadows
Splitsider Interview: Vampires, Gangs, and Avian Puns with Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi
Interview with LAist: The Guys Behind 'Flight Of The Conchords' Bite Into Their New Vampire Mockumentary (also talks about FOTC tour & HBO series with Taika)
Jemaine & Taika on reddit for an AMA
&

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:22 pm

:heartbeat:

Nice to see such an overwhelming amount of stuff promoting the movie!

I already told Jake I'll keep him home 3/6 and we'll see it together. :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

MVL
Lost but happy at sea

Postby MVL » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:49 am

Thanks for all the links/pics, Venus! Will have time a bit later to look at them. I hoped to re-post the apparently larger list of screenings on FB but it still somehow appears in a reduced size -- any tips?

Diah
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Diah » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:22 pm

Hoping to go to a showing on Feb. 28Th if there is one. I have to work opening night. :?
ImageImage

Venus

Postby Venus » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:02 pm

It seems as though FB will automatically re-size the image, mvl. I think the only way to get it full size would be to download the picture from FB.

Glad you're planning on seeing the film soon, Laura and Diah. Let us know what you think of it :D

Also happy to hear that WWDITS did really well during its opening weekend in NYC & LA. :clap: ‘What We Do In The Shadows’ Steps Into Spotlight With 2015’s Best Per-Screen Debut

It has become the most booked film on audience-led screening platform ourscreen. :)
&

Venus

Postby Venus » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:39 pm

&

Return to “Jemaine Clement”