What We Do In The Shadows feature film!

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
Don
New arrival

Re: Jemaine and Taika's Vampire Movie

Postby Don » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:40 pm

Thanks. Both daughters this time...
I saw the original short film and have been hoping for years that Taika and Jemaine would expand on the vampire theme.
There's very little public info this time, not even in the trade press. I'd classify it as almost a hobby project, kicking back and having fun making a movie with friends. Hence my reticence... don't want to spoil the surprise. :)

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:51 pm

Wow, both daughters! I really enjoyed reading your posts about Morag's experience in the Eagle vs Shark thread so I'm sure you're all having a fun experience again with both daughters involved. I've always been curious about the short film so now I'm really looking forward to the full movie. I completely understand about not wanting to spoil the surprise. We'll just continue to piece together whatever is released in the public domain as time goes on. :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:43 am

I can't wait to see this movie. Don, I hope when it's released you will feel comfortable sharing some behind the scenes stories with us. :) It's nice to hear from you again!

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:53 am

Hi Don! :wave: Good to hear from you again. :D
As the others have said, I can't wait to hear what you can add to the backstage stories once the film is out. :wink:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:33 pm

How exciting! I'll be hoping that once this has been released all over the globe (Yes!) and it goes to DVD, we'll get the original short film included in the Extras! :D

Thanks for what you can give up, Don- good to see you here again. :waves:

So this is why it looked like Jemaine was growing that soul patch, eh? :lol: I don't think I'd have recognized him in that pic- really! Not sure if he's lost a bit of weight or it's just the face he's pulling but wow- those cheekbones!
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:54 pm

I figured the facial hair was for the role. I imagined his hair slicked back in a ponytail though for some reason. His look is reminiscent of a character I can't quite put my finger on. The best I can do at the moment is say that he looks like a cross between a victorian era vampire & Noel Fielding. :P
90% evil
ImageImage

4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:42 pm

SheWolf wrote:I figured the facial hair was for the role. I imagined his hair slicked back in a ponytail though for some reason. His look is reminiscent of a character I can't quite put my finger on. The best I can do at the moment is say that he looks like a cross between a victorian era vampire & Noel Fielding. :P

Growing up in Chicago we had a tv mascot for horror movies, his name is Svengoolie. He hosted an awesome tv show called Creature Features. Jempire reminds me of Svengoolie. I can't post a good photo, im on a sneak at work but here is a link http://usersites.horrorfind.com/home/ho ... e/koz.html :sofa:
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:33 pm

He does! Lol! :lol:

That's cool, Karen. Here in metro Detroit, we had Sir Graves Ghastly- loved him.

Your guy looks much more like Jempire... :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:06 am

:lol: I remember watching the Creature Double Feature every Saturday afternoon, growing up in Boston in the late 70s - early 80s. I didn't remember a specific host though, so I looked it up on Wikipedia (lol) and while I did recognize some of the names as radio personalities from that era, sadly none were as colorful as Svengoolie and his ilk. :lol: There was this quote on wiki though:

The ratings became so popular that the show was moved to noon to increase its ratings. However, it was in direct competition with WCVB-TV's Candlepin Bowling and was moved to the 2 pm time slot.

:lol: Only in 1979 could this be a problem, lol. I actually remember Candlepin Bowling! :lol: I watched it every Saturday with my grandfather. ;) I don't remember the conflict with CDF as being an issue... then again, we had two TVs. ;)

Don
New arrival

Postby Don » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:58 am

SheWolf wrote:I figured the facial hair was for the role. I imagined his hair slicked back in a ponytail though for some reason. ...

Funny you should say that... his (real) hair was indeed slicked back in a pony tail under the wig.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:05 pm

Awesome. :) It couldn't have been a very big ponytail.
90% evil
ImageImage

Venus

Postby Venus » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:50 pm

Yeah Jemaine's hair didn't seem too long from what we've seen recently compared to the days like when he was at the Rio premiere. :lol:

Casting call for extras. No experience required. If only I was in Wellington. ;)
&

Amanda

Postby Amanda » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:04 pm

If we all were, Venus! :lol:
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...

Venus

Postby Venus » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:25 pm

&

ItsAllRyche

Postby ItsAllRyche » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:51 pm

SheWolf wrote:I figured the facial hair was for the role. I imagined his hair slicked back in a ponytail though for some reason. His look is reminiscent of a character I can't quite put my finger on. The best I can do at the moment is say that he looks like a cross between a victorian era vampire & Noel Fielding. :P

That is exactly what I was thinking...Noel Fielding from the London Olympics Opening Ceremonies
:D

Return to “Jemaine Clement”