The Happy Birthday, Jemaine -- 2006 --Thread

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
User avatar
Kate
David Bowie's nipple antennae
Posts: 1187
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:01 pm

Postby Kate » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:27 am

I hope you laydeez can now see why I wanted all the messages in one thread..... I really was not trying to be a bossy control freak....

The perpetual Pollyanna in me always believed he might show up here to say thanks. And, he did! :shock:

I am speechless.

User avatar
Ellen
Registered Rhymnecologist
Posts: 314
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:38 pm

Postby Ellen » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:59 am

ImageNope, not him. Don’t believe it. Can’t be. No way. Not a chance.

Okay. I’ll admit it. I believe.

Sooo…..

Image to new member, Jemaine! Unless I miss my guess, your PM inbox is probably already full. Good luck with that. Image


Kate, I have to give you mad props. You had faith that this day would come and you never gave up. You virtually willed it to happen. I hope you won’t rub it in too much, but you have every right to say:

Image

User avatar
Kate
David Bowie's nipple antennae
Posts: 1187
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:01 pm

Postby Kate » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:09 am

Ellen wrote: Kate, I have to give you mad props. You had faith that this day would come and you never gave up. You virtually willed it to happen. I hope you won’t rub it in too much, but you have every right to say:

Image


It's kind of like that ant that moved the rubber tree plant.... isn't it? :wink:

That, fellow Jemainiacs, is the mark of a real gentleman. Jemaine coming here personally and thanking us that way is just proof of great manners and a very sweet heart. I am impressed with him more now than ever.

Thanks for the mad props! I appreciate it.

:heart: Image :heart: 4-EVER!!!!!

User avatar
Gayle
Cool Nipples!
Posts: 2289
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:14 pm

Postby Gayle » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:22 am

It's an incredibly gracious gesture, that is certain. :D
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

User avatar
Johnnyp
The One Guy
Posts: 2052
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:58 am

Postby Johnnyp » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:30 am

8) At least I wasn't threatened with some kind of high tech future pregnancy. Seriously though......class act.

User avatar
Kate
David Bowie's nipple antennae
Posts: 1187
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:01 pm

Postby Kate » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:45 am

^ Johnny, some day when you are famous, remember how gracious and generous this gesture to his "fans" felt to all of us. And, treat your laydeez the same way.

He is a class act all the way! :heart: Image :heart: 4-EVER!!!

User avatar
specialkay
Registered Rhymnecologist
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:25 pm

Postby specialkay » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:17 am

Now, that is what Kay calls INSTANT GRATIFICATION!!
*hi-fives*

He is such a dreamy fella! :love: *sighs*
"Growing OLD is mandatory but growing UP is optional" :)
~KAREN~

User avatar
Gayle
Cool Nipples!
Posts: 2289
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:14 pm

Postby Gayle » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:23 am

This has been a very big night in Conchordia! My goodness, such goings on. :D What a cool surprise... it's like a little gift in return, eh?
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

User avatar
Johnnyp
The One Guy
Posts: 2052
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:58 am

Postby Johnnyp » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:25 am

Kate wrote:^ Johnny, some day when you are famous, remember how gracious and generous this gesture to his "fans" felt to all of us. And, treat your laydeez the same way.

He is a class act all the way! :heart: Image :heart: 4-EVER!!!


I will do that. I make a very conscious effort to do that where ever I perform. I've met a lot of people in the business who thought they were somebody and were complete aceholes. Meanwhile I've met people who I consider icons who were the most gracious people you could ever meet. That stuff sticks with you. One for example is a gentlemen by the name of Sam Butera. Google him and you'll see he has shared the stage with the likes of Nat King Cole , Frank Sinatra and his most famous gig was working for several years with Louis Prima.

User avatar
Kate
David Bowie's nipple antennae
Posts: 1187
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:01 pm

Postby Kate » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:41 pm

Gayle wrote:This has been a very big night in Conchordia! My goodness, such goings on. :D What a cool surprise... it's like a little gift in return, eh?


I always say, anything given with good intentions and an open heart is returned a million-fold, and love kept in the soul attracts love back. It may not always be instant, but energy usually attracts like energy to one.

Too jazzed last night to fall right to sleep, I thought about Gayle's story about Clay Aiken, and how he treated his fans, and how differently Jemaine has treated us. Light-years of difference... light years!

It was an e-mail message -- granted, it was beautifully designed and executed by our resident HTML Queen, Nicole, but he could have easily looked at it, basked in its message of adoration -- or viewed it with cynical disdain -- and then just gone on with his day. But, he came here, took the time to actually join the forum, and post a thank-you to us. We didn't pay hundreds of dollars for a framed and matted token of our affection, but he treated our little e-mail like we had, and treated us with true generosity, humility, and thanks. That, my friends, is the mark of a real human being, worthy of our care and respect.... along with our lustful horn-doggy adoration, for those of us who are so inclined.

He is as beautiful on the inside as he is hot as blazes on the outside. Now, if we can only find a mad scientist somewhere who will begin cloning him so each of us can have a Jemaine of our very own..... :wink:

:heart: Image :heart: 4-EVER!!!

User avatar
Gayle
Cool Nipples!
Posts: 2289
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:14 pm

Postby Gayle » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:50 pm

Kate wrote:I thought about Gayle's story about Clay Aiken, and how he treated his fans, and how differently Jemaine has treated us. Light-years of difference... light years!


I think the differences come from having to work for your success as opposed to having it handed to you. I also wonder if some cultural differences come into play as well as how someone is raised, but how do you gage that? Jemaine has earned the adoration and more importantly the respect of his fans.

So cheers to Jemaine.
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

User avatar
Kate
David Bowie's nipple antennae
Posts: 1187
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:01 pm

Postby Kate » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:31 pm

Gayle wrote:
Kate wrote:I thought about Gayle's story about Clay Aiken, and how he treated his fans, and how differently Jemaine has treated us. Light-years of difference... light years!


I think the differences come from having to work for your success as opposed to having it handed to you. I also wonder if some cultural differences come into play as well as how someone is raised, but how do you gage that? Jemaine has earned the adoration and more importantly the respect of his fans.

So cheers to Jemaine.


It's obvious that somewhere along the way, Jemaine either learned or was taught a great amount of respect and tolerance. Whether it's nature or nurture, it shows. Aiken's behavior as you described it was just insufferable and arrogant. So, it could be a cultural difference, but I'm betting more on the way they were brought up.

User avatar
Gayle
Cool Nipples!
Posts: 2289
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:14 pm

Postby Gayle » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:02 am

Kate wrote:
Gayle wrote:
Kate wrote:I thought about Gayle's story about Clay Aiken, and how he treated his fans, and how differently Jemaine has treated us. Light-years of difference... light years!


I think the differences come from having to work for your success as opposed to having it handed to you. I also wonder if some cultural differences come into play as well as how someone is raised, but how do you gage that? Jemaine has earned the adoration and more importantly the respect of his fans.

So cheers to Jemaine.


It's obvious that somewhere along the way, Jemaine either learned or was taught a great amount of respect and tolerance. Whether it's nature or nurture, it shows. Aiken's behavior as you described it was just insufferable and arrogant. So, it could be a cultural difference, but I'm betting more on the way they were brought up.


That's a fine point. It's either learned or better yet, inherent in his personality to be a decent fellow. Ergo, we can conclude that Clay either learned to be a complete knob or knobishness is inherent in his personality. (NOTE TO SHERRY: If knob is a naughty word in England, feel free to delete it... I can't remember).

But until I know if knob is naughty or not (say that 5 times fast), I shall use it freely:

Some are born knobs.
Some achieve knobishness.
Some have knobishness thrust upon them.

I have the feeling I am about to be sent to the corner. :worry:
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

User avatar
Kate
David Bowie's nipple antennae
Posts: 1187
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:01 pm

Postby Kate » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:11 am

Gayle wrote:
Kate wrote:
Gayle wrote:
Kate wrote:I thought about Gayle's story about Clay Aiken, and how he treated his fans, and how differently Jemaine has treated us. Light-years of difference... light years!


I think the differences come from having to work for your success as opposed to having it handed to you. I also wonder if some cultural differences come into play as well as how someone is raised, but how do you gage that? Jemaine has earned the adoration and more importantly the respect of his fans.

So cheers to Jemaine.


It's obvious that somewhere along the way, Jemaine either learned or was taught a great amount of respect and tolerance. Whether it's nature or nurture, it shows. Aiken's behavior as you described it was just insufferable and arrogant. So, it could be a cultural difference, but I'm betting more on the way they were brought up.


That's a fine point. It's either learned or better yet, inherent in his personality to be a decent fellow. Ergo, we can conclude that Clay either learned to be a complete knob or knobishness is inherent in his personality. (NOTE TO SHERRY: If knob is a naughty word in England, feel free to delete it... I can't remember).

But until I know if knob is naughty or not (say that 5 times fast), I shall use it freely:

Some are born knobs.
Some achieve knobishness.
Some have knobishness thrust upon them.

I have the feeling I am about to be sent to the corner. :worry:


Actually, "k--b" is naughty in Britian, but Aiken is one, so it's naughty, but accurate. (Remember in Love, Actually that Colin Frissle announced he had a big one as he headed out to the plane to America?)

User avatar
Gayle
Cool Nipples!
Posts: 2289
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:14 pm

Postby Gayle » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:22 am

Kate wrote:Actually, "k--b" is naughty in Britian, but Aiken is one, so it's naughty, but accurate. (Remember in Love, Actually that Colin Frissle announced he had a big one as he headed out to the plane to America?)


Hee hee... that's right. Feel free to edit as necessary. I'm going to leave it there (I am that unhappy with Clay) until it's disapproved of.

I'm such a rebel. I run with scissors.
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.


Return to “Jemaine Clement”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron