The Happy Birthday, Jemaine -- 2006 --Thread

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:34 am

Gayle wrote:I'm such a rebel. I run with scissors.

Oh yeah well you know those little butter cups that they have at the restaurants. You know the little yellow ones. Well I open them from the opposite side of where it says open here. :horny: :snakeman: :devil:

Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:34 am

Speaking of words that mean different things different places. I say bummed a lot. I just mean disappointed. Then one day I realized I've been using that word here and that bum is another word for tushy. So what would bummed mean to the Brits? I don't know. But I stopped using it that day. :wink:

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:37 am

Johnnyp wrote:
Gayle wrote:I'm such a rebel. I run with scissors.

Oh yeah well you know those little butter cups that they have at the restaurants. You know the little yellow ones. Well I open them from the opposite side of where it says open here. :horny: :snakeman: :devil:

Oh yeah? Well... I... um... I leave the fridge door open for minutes at a time while I stare at the same food that I stared at 10 minutes ago!
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

Kate

Postby Kate » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:51 am

Gayle wrote:
Kate wrote:Actually, "k--b" is naughty in Britian, but Aiken is one, so it's naughty, but accurate. (Remember in Love, Actually that Colin Frissle announced he had a big one as he headed out to the plane to America?)

Hee hee... that's right. Feel free to edit as necessary. I'm going to leave it there (I am that unhappy with Clay) until it's disapproved of.

I'm such a rebel. I run with scissors.

I'm not touching anything. If Sherry wants it gone, it will be.

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:52 am

OK....

knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob

... now I feel guilty. Oh well...

knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob knob

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:53 am

:lol:

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:54 am

Johnnyp wrote::lol:

WHAT HAS GOTTEN INTO ME TONIGHT?!

Kate

Postby Kate » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:56 am

Gayle wrote:

After all that, you can ask THAT question with a straight face? (I assume it's straight...) :roll2:

Maybe you'd like to tell us!

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:00 am

Kate wrote:
Gayle wrote:

After all that, you can ask THAT question with a straight face? (I assume it's straight...) :roll2:

Maybe you'd like to tell us!

For some ODD reason I am in a great mood. I shouldn't be, but I am. Can't explain it. :dunno: It's a mystery!

Maybe it's all the happy Jemaine vibes still floating around the forum from yesterday's surprise visit. Maybe it's the Y-U-M-M-Y perfume I got at Sephora tonight. Maybe it's the drugs (jk :wink: ).

Deirdre

Postby Deirdre » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:21 am

What? Still no comment on "Bummed?" :puzzled:
I will be heard! :fence:
Please... :pray:

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:24 am

Deirdre wrote:What? Still no comment on "Bummed?" :puzzled:
I will be heard! :fence:
Please... :pray:

hee hee... you said bum... squee hee hee.

I'm not sure if bummed is used in England... or if it were, what connotation it would carry. We shall have to check with Her Webmistressness or other denizen of Britain and see. Hmmmmm...

:?: Oh Sherry???!!!! :?:

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:53 am

Deirdre wrote:Speaking of words that mean different things different places. I say bummed a lot. I just mean disappointed. Then one day I realized I've been using that word here and that bum is another word for tushy. So what would bummed mean to the Brits? I don't know. But I stopped using it that day. :wink:

lol well, one meaning is as you said, disappointed, but thats the American use thats been understood here thanks to movies and TV and so on :lol: The other version.... :shock:

/me
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby /me » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:57 am

peed is the word that has caused me the most trouble in translation. It took me some time to realize that when Brits say they were bloody peed the night before, they weren't actually stating how incredibly upset they were. :roll:
Ooooh Flight of the Conchords! You're so big!

:comehere: Conchordians Unite! Join the FotC map!

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:05 am

/me wrote:peed is the word that has caused me the most trouble in translation. It took me some time to realize that when Brits say they were bloody peed the night before, they weren't actually stating how incredibly upset they were. :roll:

Heheh nope we are not. We were trollyed. Well and truly! :lol:

8) 8) 8)

specialkay
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby specialkay » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:02 pm

That remeinds me of my New Zealand friends...
They will be speaking to me about going and having drinks...getting "peed" and I am thinking they are talking about being upset when they are in fact feeling quite NICE! :partyman:
Sheesh...me and my American thinking..., but, I am learning! :roll2:
"Growing OLD is mandatory but growing UP is optional" :)
~KAREN~

Return to “Jemaine Clement”