Outback

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:51 am

:witsend:
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:55 am

Right there with ya Gayle! I've only seen one of them!
"I can't brain today - I haz teh dumb"

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:07 am

I've only seen the first couple on actual TV. During CSI on Thursday mostly. I really don't watch much TV these days...I need to work on that. ;)
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:28 am

WOOHOO!!!!! I finally saw the boomerang one on TV!!!!!! I was walking through the living room to let the dog out - not paying a bit of attention to what was on the TV when all of a sudden I stopped and said "I know that voice!!!!!!" And I caught it from the very beginning!!!! I think it may be a bit irrational to get this excited over a commercial...... :sofa:
"I can't brain today - I haz teh dumb"

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:29 am

when all of a sudden I stopped and said "I know that voice!!!!!!"

Hee! That's what always gets me, since I don't usually pay attention to commercials.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:29 am

You know there is something to be said for karma here. A lot of us really don't watch a lot of TV but somehow the stars lined up and we found FotC. Which in turn brought us here. Thanks star aligning dude who/whatever you may be 8)

conchordgirl
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby conchordgirl » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:01 am

TWO outback ads on CSI tonight! Woo-Hoo! Thank you Karma!

Here is Steak man: Outback Ad 5 in quicktime and here in avi

Birthday candles on steak: Outback Ad 6 in quicktime and here in avi
Oh and I missed the first part of this one but I think I will see it again.. :pray:

*swoon*
:D

nicole
Oh, look at me! I'm the magical man from happy land, in a gumdrop house on lollipop laaaaaane!!
Oh by the way I was being sarcastic.--Homer Simpson

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:14 am

Cool! Thanks again, Nicole!

Okay, new favorite. Steak Man or Chicken Man. Hee! Very amusing.
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:40 pm

Thanks Nicole!!! You rock!

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:01 pm

There's a longer version of the Steak Man one, where he starts off looking at a huge slice of chocolate cake. I love the confused pondering look on his face at the end of this one. Brilliant!

There's still another steak one, something about 14 or 15 spices, I think.

I hadn't seen the candle steak ad. That's so cute! Thank you so much Nicole for getting all of these to us. You rock! Shut up! :supz:

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Ellen
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Ellen » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:47 pm

Nicole saves the day! Thanks, Nicole. :D

I would like to know who is writing these commercials because I can’t get over what a perfect fit they are for Jemaine. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he’s writing them himself.

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:22 pm

I am curious to know as well. They do seem to have that 'Jemaine humor'. You should write Outback, Ellen. :D

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:43 pm

His delivery is pretty perfect, but I'd be surprised if he were writing them himself, mainly because of union issues. I don't know if Jem is a union writer or not - or if these commercials fall under that jurisdiction, but in general, commercials have to be penned by a union writer. The writer's union is a good one - if you can get in it.

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:45 pm

Heck! Write to Jemaine! He's good about writing back and answering questions. He answered my query as to the hair situation in the commercials, after all. :wink:

I wouldn't be surprised if he did do a lot of the writing. I'm sure they had a basic plan for the commercials, but then let him flesh them out a bit or something.

ETA: Or you know. Maybe he didn't. :wink: (I just read Gayle's post and I bow to her knowledge.)

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:39 pm

Oops - :oops: - didn't mean to come off as a union official! It's just more likely that he didn't write the commercials - but like I said, if he's a union writer or if they aren't under jurisdiction it's possible that he may have had a hand in it. :dunno: I could be wrong!

Return to “Jemaine Clement”