Outback

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:36 am

I just saw a variation on the candle one where he starts off talking about how even the croutons are made fresh. Is that different or did I just not pick up on the croutons before?
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:45 am

At the very beginning of the candle/steak version that Nicole posted he mentions something about croutons, but I don't think she caught the very beginning of it, if I remember correctly. And, there is no reason why I shouldn't remember correctly, as all I have to do is go back in the thread and look it up. Der.

"I am so smart! S-M-R-T!!"
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:48 am

Its soup get into it :lol:

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:51 am

Oh, that's right. D'oh! I forgot where I saw that one, since I've actually seen a lot of them on tv. Thank you, Gayle!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:52 am

Most welcome, my friend.

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:09 am

Johnnyp wrote:Its soup get into it :lol:

OK, mock if you will, but I don't get the above reference. Is it one of those things where I read too much into it? Or a quote from a thing with which I am not familiar? Sorry.

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:21 am

Gayle wrote:

OK, mock if you will, but I don't get the above reference. Is it one of those things where I read too much into it? Or a quote from a thing with which I am not familiar? Sorry.

I believe JP is quoting the endearing Brian. It's tea with little bits of stale bread crumbs. But, I could be wrong. :mrgreen:
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

conchordgirl
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby conchordgirl » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:21 am

Gayle wrote:

I don't get it.. :(

Anyway, Gayle, is your quote in your sig from this?:

Homer: I am so smart. I am so smart. S-M-R-T. I mean, S-M-A-R-T.

If it is, that is one of my most favorite quotes..Whenever I fix a problem (computer or other) I dance around singing that quote..Was that too much information? :oops:

nicole

Oh and the croutons part is missing from the second file. I had just stopped recording when he came on the screen and I missed the beginning. :doh:
Oh, look at me! I'm the magical man from happy land, in a gumdrop house on lollipop laaaaaane!!
Oh by the way I was being sarcastic.--Homer Simpson

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:42 am

conchordgirl wrote:
Gayle wrote:

I don't get it.. :(

Anyway, Gayle, is your quote in your sig from this?:

Homer: I am so smart. I am so smart. S-M-R-T. I mean, S-M-A-R-T.

If it is, that is one of my most favorite quotes..Whenever I fix a problem (computer or other) I dance around singing that quote..Was that too much information? :oops:

nicole

Oh and the croutons part is missing from the second file. I had just stopped recording when he came on the screen and I missed the beginning. :doh:

First of all, Andria - thank you. That is exactly what he means and I can't believe I didn't get it. You are kind.

B - That is exactly where I got the quote!!!!! And, just so you aren't too embarrased, I do the same thing!! Whenever I solve a tricky problem at work, I sing it to my self and smile.

Fourth and lastly: That commercial is cool nipples. Really. I love it when she asks, "Oh! Is it your birthday?" And he replies, "No." Like it's nothing. No biggy that it's not his birthday, doesn't matter. Great.

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:08 am

Andria wrote:
Gayle wrote:

I believe JP is quoting the endearing Brian. It's tea with little bits of stale bread crumbs. But, I could be wrong. :mrgreen:

Yes Andi (Andi's partys?) thats it :lol: That line cracks me the fup

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:09 am

"fup"!!!! Another good one!!!

Kate
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Kate » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:03 pm

Thanks to the lovely (and oh-so generous) Nicole for making it possible for people like me (who don't watch a lot of tv outside of HBO, The Food Channel, Bravo!, and BBC America) to see these adorable commercials. Even 30 seconds of Jemaine yumminess is better than none at all, I say!

And, it is possible Jemaine is writing those commercials. He has won awards for his writing on both TV and Radio in Wellington, so it's possible he is still in a writers' union, and writing these. They are so "him" -- a lot of sweetness and a little "wink-wink"!

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:06 pm

Kate wrote:Thanks to the lovely (and oh-so generous) Nicole for making it possible for people like me (who don't watch a lot of tv outside of HBO, The Food Channel, Bravo!, and BBC America) to see these adorable commercials. Even 30 seconds of Jemaine yumminess is better than none at all, I say!

And, it is possible Jemaine is writing those commercials. He has won awards for his writing on both TV and Radio in Wellington, so it's possible he is still in a writers' union, and writing these. They are so "him" -- a lot of sweetness and a little "wink-wink"!

Yup - after I thought it through, he likely is in the union. It's nice to think that he did have a hand in it. If he did, they are very smart marketing folk to let him!

avaritsos
Half a shapely halibut

Postby avaritsos » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:18 am

new commercials up in addition to the ones already there -

http://www.outback.com/

the chocolate cake one's cute.

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:24 am

Thanks, A.! Special Steak is very cute and I do like his cake-gaging technique - just to be sure it'll fit in his tummy. Very funny.

Return to “Jemaine Clement”