Jemaine Spotting

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Re: Jemaine Spotting

Postby Venus » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:45 pm

:rolls: :roll2:

Hilarious!
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:12 pm

Quite a few sightings of Jemaine in NYC. 8)

Now today walking the dog I just saw Jermaine from Flight of the Conchords. This dog and corner is good luck if you like comedy.

Source

Just saw Jemaine from Flight of the Conchords @fotc walking down Broadway in all of his grizzly glory.

Source

was just passed by Jermaine from Flight of the Conchords on 8th ave. Or a very tall, homeless gentleman.

Source
:lol:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:29 pm

Must. See. Beard. :tonqe:
90% evil
ImageImage

Hot Jam
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Hot Jam » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:35 am

Hi everyone - hope you're all well! Okay, I'm off to NYC for a long weekend this Thursday. I will definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for Bigfoo - I mean Big J. :D .
You'll know if I have a spotting!
Cheers!
"Where does the instrument begin and the man start?"
"Funny you should say that. That's how I feel when I play it."
- Bret and Jemaine, Omnichord banter, Radio City Music Hall, 4/15/2009

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 am

Awesome, HJ! Have fun and good luck running into Jemaine! :thumb: You're going to be checking out every beard you see. ;) I wonder if all over NYC, tall men with big bushy black beards are wondering why women are suddenly paying more attention to them, lol.

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:57 am

Hot Jam wrote:Hi everyone - hope you're all well! Okay, I'm off to NYC for a long weekend this Thursday. I will definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for Bigfoo - I mean Big J. :D .
You'll know if I have a spotting!
Cheers!

Oops... Happy birthday Hot Jam!!!!! (sorry, but I figured I'd spam here for a second since I'm too tired right now to find the celebrations thread... :goodnight: ) Hope you had a good one! :thumb:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:49 pm

mockingbird wrote:I wonder if all over NYC, tall men with big bushy black beards are wondering why women are suddenly paying more attention to them, lol.
If there's anything I've learned from stalking...ahem...keeping my eyes peeled for the J Dog in recent months it's that (1) there are very few tall men in NYC & (2) even fewer with big black bushy beards. In fact, I haven't seen one, aside from the the J Dog himself in August and he stood out for the fact that he was so dark and hairy. I don't think the beard is a very good disguise - he seemed to be trying to make himself smaller. :P
90% evil
ImageImage

Hot Jam
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Hot Jam » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:30 am

Thanks mockingbird and SuzyBatt (for the b-day wishes too!). Been sick all week and am ready to just have a good, NYC kind of fun, bedbug-free time starting tomorrow 8) . It would be pretty neat to see a certain tall, shaggy someone I have to admit but what to do if I did actually see him?...probably smile and then keep moving. Then I would think and rethink about it the whole rest of the time, analyzing every second and, if my husband was there as a witness, I would pick his brain about how he thought the the whole thing went. :lol: No really. :rolleyes: Anyway, I hope you all have a great weekend as well!

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:49 am

Have a good time in NYC, Hot Jam! I'll be skulking around Carnegie Hall Friday night, I'll also report any Jemaine sightings. :D
I wish I had free time to try and stalk...er...look... for Jemaine with you. :evil:
Maybe next time.
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Hot Jam
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Hot Jam » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:16 pm

Well, I'm back (sorry, Nancy - I didn't see your post til just now and, yes, perhaps next time we can meet up to look for Jemaine - even if he's not there!) :lol:

It was a terrific trip! Great food and drink and great to be in the City again. We used to go quite often when we lived farther away and many of our friends lived there then but haven't been in a several years. Sad to say, no J sightings to report. I did see plenty of full-on facial hair on the mens (we were mostly downtown and it seems to be the trend amongst the trendsters there these days). That and having a dog (which I think has replaced smoking...)

We did entertain ourselves by finding the boys' apartment, the NZ consulate and Dave's shop (saw the restaurant where Keitha had to murder a brown snake as well). Took pics w/ my cell phone. As with everything of this nature, when you see them in person, these places looked kind of not the same. Could really understand why no one living there really concerned themselves with what they were doing when filming. Murray's office builidng is empty and kind of derelict. Mohumbai and Son looks pretty much the same but a bit more run down. It was an odd bit of a sad passing moment while we were there because it was just a TV show for goodness sake! (my husband said it best, "Hm. Weird to be here but no Bret and Jemaine...") but then later, when reviewing the couple of pics, on the screen, they looked more like they did on the show. Funny how a camera lens can do that!

Well, that's about it for now. Back to reality - bleh. Hope everyone's well and having a good week! :D

Hot Jam
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Hot Jam » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:30 am

Oops! Meant Mohumbhai and Son of course! What's up with that?!? :doh: :P

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:49 am

Aww, Hot Jam, I didn't spot Jemaine either. I'm glad you got a chance to see the old show spots downtown. Your description of them was spot on.
I don't even remember seeing that many bearded men.... :hrm:
So if he wasn't midtown, and he wasn't downtown, wonder where he was. :roll:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:33 pm

Hot Jam is right about it being kind of hipstery to sport a beard these days but the beards I've seen along those lines are more Bret like and scruffy not the type that Jemaine supposedly has, the last time we saw him it looked like this:
90% evil
ImageImage

Hot Jam
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Hot Jam » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:02 pm

Yes indeed, there was surely a parade of scruff and skinny jeans and we did also see about a handful of youngish guys with Zac Galafianakis-type beards - two of them wearing turtlenecks under collared shirts and vintage-style suit jackets and we snickered to each other that they were probably were turtleneck dickeys. :lol:

My husband, who naturally sports quite a hirsute situation but doesn't allow it to creep onto his face, laughed and asked me if he could get away with what they were doing - if he even wanted to. I told him that he looks very nice with a goatee, which is true.

Anyway, on our last night there was when I saw one of these beardy guys. We were in the neighborhood wine store and in he walked as we were leaving. Dark hair, big full beard, glasses, wearing a vest with gray pants (!). He certainly bore a resemblance to Jemaine at a first and even a second glance (I was NOT staring). However, he was several inches too short and had a nasally voice. Of course though, he initially gave me a start because I had a Jemiane-shaped template on my lookout brain. :P

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:52 pm

"So we were eating breakfast at Balthazar with a very squirmy Little M when in walks Jemaine Clement. I'm a HUGE fan of Flight of the Conchords so I was super stoked to see him in person. I actually stared at him for a litle too long and he looked kind of uncomfortable (oops!)."

http://ma-boite-de-secrets.blogspot.com ... truck.html
90% evil
ImageImage

Return to “Jemaine Clement”