Jemaine Clement Now Ranks #100...

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
Ellen
Registered Rhymnecologist

Jemaine Clement Now Ranks #100...

Postby Ellen » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:43 am

on his own fan list. I love that :lol:. When I saw that list I thought, oh, Jemaine should be #100. Classic. Who knows if it's for real, but I want to believe. Check it out: http://www.geocities.com/jem_clement/

Kate
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Kate » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:55 am

I can't believe it! I just posted the same thing!

:cry:

conchordgirl

Postby conchordgirl » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:58 am

That's great! Now maybe he should mosey on over here and keep us company!.. :D

--Nicole
Oh, look at me! I'm the magical man from happy land, in a gumdrop house on lollipop laaaaaane!!
Oh by the way I was being sarcastic.--Homer Simpson

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:20 pm

Wait a minute! I think that list has been doctored! I signed up on that thing a few days ago and I'm not showing up! I think I got cut to make Jermaine fit perfectly in at #100!

I want a full investigation into this! (Or a personal e-mail from Bret.) :wink:

What? No one said blackmail has to make sense!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Ellen

Postby Ellen » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:19 pm

indigo_jones wrote:Wait a minute! I think that list has been doctored! I signed up on that thing a few days ago and I'm not showing up! I think I got cut to make Jermaine fit perfectly in at #100!

I want a full investigation into this! (Or a personal e-mail from Bret.) :wink:

What? No one said blackmail has to make sense!

Oooh, controversy…intriguing. Well that's not right if your name was withheld just to make it appear that the list progressed in a certain way.

Kate

Postby Kate » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:53 pm

Who cares if he was member #100, or #103? Honesty aside, he's a member there. Indigo, you'll have to let us know when your name finally shows up!

What I want to know is how do they know it's really him? This is the internet. How would they know? I mean, really??? It could be anybody!

That is the tack I'm taking on the whole thing, and I'm sticking to it! It's probably not even him, right?

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:14 pm

Kate wrote:That is the tack I'm taking on the whole thing, and I'm sticking to it! It's probably not even him, right?

No, no you're right, not him, no, nope, nope...but what if it Is Him...??? :shock:
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:17 pm

Oh, I was kidding about any controversy. I did sign up, but it might not have gone through -- you know how web forms can screw up.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Kate

Postby Kate » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:23 pm

indigo_jones wrote:Oh, I was kidding about any controversy. I did sign up, but it might not have gone through -- you know how web forms can screw up.

Uh, I hope we're all kidding, at his point... I was even (half) kidding last night when I discovered the blurb on that website.

I wish there were a "sarcastic" smiley, but most of my angst has been that, and not much more. If Jemaine is ever here visiting and decides to say hi, I'm sure we'll all be thrilled right down to our business sox, but until then *sarcasm alert* we're all adult women who have known abject rejection, from time to time, by the men we have adored, and we can deal with it. :cry: *end of sarcasm alert*

Ellen

Self fandom is important

Postby Ellen » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:58 pm

Whether it turns out that Jemaine actually put his own name on the list or not (as if we’ll ever really know for sure, and honestly I highly doubt that it was), we have all been party to a very significant life lesson here:

It is important to be your own fan. Even if you’re not your number one fan, at least maintaining a presence in your own personal fan base is very necessary. If you aren’t your own fan, how can you look your fans in the eye and let them know you can relate to them? Obviously rabid self fandom is not the way to go, that would only get messy, and we know what happened to Narcissus. But really, if each of us rank around the 100 mark on our own personal fan lists, then I would say we haven’t done badly at all.

(I will get past newbie status, I will get there before June 2008.)

/me

Postby /me » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:56 pm

Probably him. Wasn't there something in the BBC show about a Flight of the Conchords fan site and Jemaine being the number one fan? Too funny. :lol:
Ooooh Flight of the Conchords! You're so big!

:comehere: Conchordians Unite! Join the FotC map!

Ellen

Not Proven No Longer

Postby Ellen » Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:48 am

Oh yes, it's him. Props to you, Jemaine.
http://interactives.alxnet.com/cgi-bin/ ... k_id=31829

Kate

Re: Not Proven No Longer

Postby Kate » Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:55 am

Ellen wrote:Oh yes, it's him. Props to you, Jemaine.
http://interactives.alxnet.com/cgi-bin/ ... k_id=31829

Well! That takes a certain something, doesn't it? Bless his heart for answering that way! Truthful, and honest.

Now there will be no end to the questions for him there, but I suppose he knows that already. What a guy!

On Edit: I think Jemaine should know that there would be cookies in it for him if he were to make an appearance here, as well. Just saying. If cookies is what it takes, I'm baking 'em!

Ellen

Is this a younger can?

Postby Ellen » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:22 am

Something new for you to speculate on, Kate, in lieu of that other speculation you’ve been speculating about.

From the mysterious Bermuda Triangle of a Guestbook over at St. Clement’s:

Name: TeMaia Clement
City: wellington
Sent: Sat December 17 2005 13:14

Hey bro, dont know why Im writing this, can ring ya anytime, just leting ya know Im ya biggest can

So whaddaya think? Is “can” a typo or an inside joke?

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:29 am

I'm thinking inside joke - that's funny and sweet.
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

Return to “Jemaine Clement”