Questions for Jemaine

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
Katie

Postby Katie » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:01 am

sharishort wrote:Thats when I made it painfully clear to him he would fit in mine.........

:lol: Well played.

Except if it was when he was like 16, then that is what we call "illegal".

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:46 am

Katie wrote:
sharishort wrote:Thats when I made it painfully clear to him he would fit in mine.........

:lol: Well played.

Except if it was when he was like 16, then that is what we call "illegal".

Oh! I never thought of that. What went through my mind was, 'It's Jemaine - it's all good'. Yikes!

Chica
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Chica » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:23 pm

The age of consent in the UK is 16, so he'd be alright with me... :P

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:52 pm

:stick:

FanBase
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby FanBase » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:00 pm

Cradle robbers! :baby:
"That's not a fan base, that's just a woman."

sharishort
Half a shapely halibut

Postby sharishort » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:04 pm

FanBase wrote:

Okay, when he was 16, I was 19. Some might call that illegal, others might call it cradle-robbing, I call it a good time.

Its a chicken-egg situation. Very chicken eggy.
"Thats a terrible prize. I am glad I didn't win that."

FanBase

Postby FanBase » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:14 pm

Chica wrote:Ooh, thanks. Really liked that interview, he seems so shy. And if he was a short kid, when did he get his growth spurt, because he's pretty damn tall now!

I also watched the FanclubX interview. I've noticed this a few times - Jemaine is so rude to interviewers! "That's not a question." On another one he asked "Is it over?" I expect it's a lack of practice or generally having no time for the faux niceties of small talk.

As for Stool Stud, I must admit that thought did cross my mind when I coined the phrase, but that just made it funnier! It's Steak Man and Chicken Man all over again.

Really? :eh: I can kinda see what you mean, but the FanClubX guy was a bit over the top. I think he was just messing with the interviewer.

Speaking of interviews - I can't help but wonder whatever happened with that Yahoo interviewer. He kinda did the same thing with her when she asked if he would tell her the next time FotC will tour (or something along those lines). He was like, "how?". :worry: I wonder if he was flirting or was caught off guard and just said the first thing that popped into his mind.

FanBase

Postby FanBase » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:18 pm

sharishort wrote:
FanBase wrote:

Okay, when he was 16, I was 19. Some might call that illegal, others might call it cradle-robbing, I call it a good time.

Its a chicken-egg situation. Very chicken eggy.

:eyebrow:

Chica
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Chica » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:41 pm

FanBase wrote:
Chica wrote:Ooh, thanks. Really liked that interview, he seems so shy. And if he was a short kid, when did he get his growth spurt, because he's pretty damn tall now!

I also watched the FanclubX interview. I've noticed this a few times - Jemaine is so rude to interviewers! "That's not a question." On another one he asked "Is it over?" I expect it's a lack of practice or generally having no time for the faux niceties of small talk.

As for Stool Stud, I must admit that thought did cross my mind when I coined the phrase, but that just made it funnier! It's Steak Man and Chicken Man all over again.

Really? :eh: I can kinda see what you mean, but the FanClubX guy was a bit over the top. I think he was just messing with the interviewer.

Speaking of interviews - I can't help but wonder whatever happened with that Yahoo interviewer. He kinda did the same thing with her when she asked if he would tell her the next time FotC will tour (or something along those lines). He was like, "how?". :worry: I wonder if he was flirting or was caught off guard and just said the first thing that popped into his mind.

The FanClubX guy was not the world's smoothest interviewer, but as I said, he's done it a few times. The Yahoo interview especially! It was a perfectly logical question: How is he supposed to let her know? Plus at the end there's a bit of him saying "Is the interview over?" He hasn't quite figured out that interviewers - especially in America - don't really ask questions, they just expect you to talk into the mic whenever it's shoved under your nose.

As for the cradle-robbing, he's only about 18 months older than me, so the growth spurt would've been ideal timing for a young and impressionable Chica(Lolita). *tries to looks angelic*

deirdrelev
Lost but happy at sea

Postby deirdrelev » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:17 pm

Is the Yahoo interview the one where Bret ends up just walking away? If so, then that's the interview I found excruciating to watch. The interviewer was making such as ASS of herself and you could see the boys were just kind of gobsmacked and thinking, "What the hell is WRONG with this idiot?" but they were trying to be diplomatic (till Bret couldn't take it anymore). One of the hazards of their fame, I guess.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."—Oscar Wilde

Chica
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Chica » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:39 pm

deirdrelev wrote:Is the Yahoo interview the one where Bret ends up just walking away? If so, then that's the interview I found excruciating to watch. The interviewer was making such as ASS of herself and you could see the boys were just kind of gobsmacked and thinking, "What the hell is WRONG with this idiot?" but they were trying to be diplomatic (till Bret couldn't take it anymore). One of the hazards of their fame, I guess.

I only saw her interviewing Jemaine. It was at the HBO party for the Emmy Awards and she started out by telling him she and all her friends thought he was hot. I now want to see Bret just walking off mid-interview!

FanBase

Postby FanBase » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:13 pm

Yep, that's the interview where Bret saunters off. I forgot about that. I always thought Bret was playing around b/c he seems so laid back and patient. It's not something I would expect from him if he really was truly frustrated.

Anyway, it's Yahoo, not CNN or some other respectable news outlet. I think she was just doing her job by being all gossipy and gushy.

deirdrelev
Lost but happy at sea

Postby deirdrelev » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:21 pm

So I'm right?...the Yahoo interview is the one where she tells them she almost "crapped her pants" or something like that when she saw them on the Red Carpet? Or am I mixing it up with another one? The one I saw, Bret actually announces he's walking away and leaves Jemaine there to be very polite...

It's painful to see someone have a shot at interviewing the boys and then act like a twit, esp. when it's a woman. A personal pet peeve, I guess, hold over from journalism days or something...

Deirdre
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."—Oscar Wilde

Chica
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Chica » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:06 pm

deirdrelev wrote:So I'm right?...the Yahoo interview is the one where she tells them she almost "crapped her pants" or something like that when she saw them on the Red Carpet? Or am I mixing it up with another one? The one I saw, Bret actually announces he's walking away and leaves Jemaine there to be very polite...

It's painful to see someone have a shot at interviewing the boys and then act like a twit, esp. when it's a woman. A personal pet peeve, I guess, hold over from journalism days or something...

Deirdre

I have definitely not seen that. But wow, great professionalism from that interviewer...

sharishort
Half a shapely halibut

Postby sharishort » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:01 pm

Wasnt the interviewer who wigged out Kristin from E! News?
"Thats a terrible prize. I am glad I didn't win that."

Return to “Jemaine Clement”