Number 30 with a bullet

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
Don
New arrival

Number 30 with a bullet

Postby Don » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:33 am

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4099790a1860.html

"Wellington feature comedy Eagle vs Shark opened at only three cinemas in the United States, but it has already made its mark at the box office.

The film, by Taika Waititi, entered the US box office at No. 30.

It was one of only four new films to open on Friday. The others were Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, screening in 4000 theatres, which opened at No1, Nancy Drew (No. 7, 2600 theatres) and DOA: Dead or Alive (No. 16, 500 theatres).

According to movie website boxofficemojo, Eagle vs Shark made an estimated $US21,000 ($NZ27,000). "

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:08 pm

Hopefully that means the film will get nationwide distribution soon. The next batch of cities to get the film in limited release is still nowhere near me. :cry: It all depends on how the film continues to do in limited release. So those of you who can go see the film should do so multiple times so the rest of us can get a chance to see it!

Pretty please?
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:33 pm

:###: I hate limited release too. Austin is a secondary market and it always takes forever to get some movies.

Of course, in this instance, it could widen faster because of this marketing scheme. It was suppose to have been released on June 1, but they pushed a few months ago, no doubt so they can ride HBO's publicity coat tails. EvS got really good festival reviews, but it doesn't hurt to get some mentions in a ton of interviews for the Conchords!

Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:29 pm

So far, it's playing only one night in Tulsa at our singular art house theater. I believe the date is July 20. I better not get sick or I'll miss it.

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:12 pm

Why is it playing in Tulsa, but not anywhere in NC? Why can't it play in Raleigh? That's a big university area! Lots of trendy people to go see it! And technically within driving distance for me! *pouts*

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

tvldiva

Postby tvldiva » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:00 pm

The movie listings for Austin are slowly coming in and it looks like EvS won't be this week. :cross:

But- that's ok. The brand new episode this weekend will have to do for now. Oh and Conan tonight!!

***just remember to breath****

Deirdre

Postby Deirdre » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:12 pm

So sorry Indy. :goodman: You are right. :hammer:

Raleigh is much cooler 8) and bigger than Tulsa. You deserve it more than we do. :oops: But just think, E vs S will eventually be at a regular theater with various showtimes in NC. I've only got the one chance. :sofa:

Still. :goodman:

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:35 pm

According to a posting at the EvS livejournal community, the expanded release only happens if the film does well in the limited release in places like Austin and Tulsa. Otherwise, I guess it heads to DVD, eventually. So when it does hit your towns (those of you getting the limited release), GO SEE IT and make others go see it so it will get an expanded release! :D

tvldiva

Postby tvldiva » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:02 pm

Thank's for the heads up, Indy. I'll make sure to get the word out around here. :nod:

poptartgirl

Postby poptartgirl » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:21 pm

indigo_jones wrote:According to a posting at the EvS livejournal community, the expanded release only happens if the film does well in the limited release in places like Austin and Tulsa. Otherwise, I guess it heads to DVD, eventually. So when it does hit your towns (those of you getting the limited release), GO SEE IT and make others go see it so it will get an expanded release! :D

I'm going to the free screening tonight at the Dobie Theater in Austin. I'm curious to see what kind of turnout there will be for this.
“We tell you lies, and if you laugh, they’re jokes.”

"all I wanted to say is "May I rock you ?"

tvldiva

Postby tvldiva » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:08 pm

Can't go to the screening tonight in Austin but I went to the official web site and they have another free screening on July 9 here. I guess this means that it's not opening here anytime soon.

I don't quite get this marketing scheme. Who am I to turn down a free movie, but don't they want to make some money back on this??? :quesexcl:

Deirdre

Postby Deirdre » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:39 pm

Free, here. Free, there. :roll:

That's OK. I'm happy to pay to see it at all. :D

Return to “Jemaine Clement”