Humans Are Dead A Cappella!

Share a kebab or a cab. Pull your sexy dance moves or sing about your day. Wear your beard scruffy or your chops huge. Bretero or Jemainiac, we're mixing it all up here. Also Your Stuff now incorporated here.
User avatar
mwilcox
Giving the paper to the people
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:18 am

Postby mwilcox » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:27 am

I reckon you guys should do 'Hotties' next :wink:
Here comes michael, on his bi-cy-cle, lookin' as cool as a Fisher 'n' Paykel

http://www.black-magic.co.nz - NZ Film News

User avatar
Alecia
Giving the paper to the people
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:11 am

Postby Alecia » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:29 pm

oo that'd be awesome!
Official Jemainiac...
and damn proud!

"I’m even more ‘what what’ with the bitches." -Jemaine Clement

rnbmre
New arrival
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:57 am

Postby rnbmre » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:47 am

Hotties. Duly noted. As a note, the other song I most seriously considered arranging for the group as we discussed the various possibilities was "Tape of Love". Huge fan of that one! The last part would have especially been lots of fun with the little ad-lib riffs ("people people paper paper...").

And as promised, here is the full video!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3UvqF_AQGPU

The sound quality is a little muffled on this one, but it's the full thing, which means it includes the intro bit, the robo-boogie, and something about licking batteries. Thanks again to everyone for the compliments and encouragement! :-)
Matt

"Enough small boom, let's boom the boom!"

User avatar
Ellen
Registered Rhymnecologist
Posts: 314
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:38 pm

Postby Ellen » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:07 am

rnbmre, your group's cover even got a little mention here in an article over at New Zealand news website stuff.co.nz. Congratulations! :D

Katie

Postby Katie » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:25 am

Ellen wrote:rnbmre, your group's cover even got a little mention here in an article over at New Zealand news website stuff.co.nz. Congratulations! :D


Hahaha, that's funny that Drew Barrymore came up and told Bret that she's a huge fan, awesome.

Congrats again, Matt on the mention.

User avatar
Craig
Giving the paper to the people
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:36 pm

Postby Craig » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:37 am

Katie wrote:
Ellen wrote:rnbmre, your group's cover even got a little mention here in an article over at New Zealand news website stuff.co.nz. Congratulations! :D



Congrats again, Matt on the mention.



You know, the mention in that interview was almost certainly Jemaine (possibly Bret) mentioning it to the interviewer. That's the most probable way for him to know.

Isnt the internet wonderful?

What really tickles me is how happy Jemaine and Bret must be right now. Talk about catching the big wave and riding it! Some crazy choir is covering your silly song about a robotic uprising? Heh, I have no problem at all believe them when they say they are shocked at how much success they are getting.

Yeah they are incredibly talented, but still, it's this goofy folk parody duo... international fame and fortune?! A hit on HBO? Wow.

Props to HBO for recognizing them for what they are and giving them such an opertunity.

User avatar
mwilcox
Giving the paper to the people
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:18 am

Postby mwilcox » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:14 am

If you do Pencils in the Wind (as you called it, Tape of Love), please use the original Sellotape lyrics, they are a lot better! :wink:

I look forward to it!
Here comes michael, on his bi-cy-cle, lookin' as cool as a Fisher 'n' Paykel


http://www.black-magic.co.nz - NZ Film News

User avatar
Johnnyp
The One Guy
Posts: 2052
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:58 am

Postby Johnnyp » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:46 am

Ellen wrote:rnbmre, your group's cover even got a little mention here in an article over at New Zealand news website stuff.co.nz. Congratulations! :D


Nice article and cool that you guys got mentioned !!!

User avatar
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you
Posts: 3910
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:14 pm

Postby indigo_jones » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:07 pm

Hey! I just realized that it's Duke University! Awesome!

Congrats on the fame by proxy! :wink:
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

User avatar
ParanoidAndroid
Half a shapely halibut
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:44 am

Postby ParanoidAndroid » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:28 am

Heck yeah!
You will forever be a part of Flight of the Conchords history, seriously. Whenever someone writes about the duo's rise to fame, you will be used as an example. Everytime.
Sweet.
Image
"We'll have puppet shows. Or use them when we're writing scripts"-Bret

User avatar
Alecia
Giving the paper to the people
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:11 am

Postby Alecia » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:14 am

rnbmre wrote:Hotties. Duly noted. As a note, the other song I most seriously considered arranging for the group as we discussed the various possibilities was "Tape of Love". Huge fan of that one! The last part would have especially been lots of fun with the little ad-lib riffs ("people people paper paper...").

And as promised, here is the full video!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3UvqF_AQGPU

The sound quality is a little muffled on this one, but it's the full thing, which means it includes the intro bit, the robo-boogie, and something about licking batteries. Thanks again to everyone for the compliments and encouragement! :-)


Yay full version! Thanx =)

and grats on your article mention ;)
Official Jemainiac...

and damn proud!



"I’m even more ‘what what’ with the bitches." -Jemaine Clement

rnbmre
New arrival
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:57 am

Postby rnbmre » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:46 am

ParanoidAndroid wrote:Heck yeah!
You will forever be a part of Flight of the Conchords history, seriously. Whenever someone writes about the duo's rise to fame, you will be used as an example. Everytime.
Sweet.


We can only hope! :-P Nah man, if we were any small part in their continued success, then that's just incredible. The more I watch their brilliant humor, the more I'm convinced that they deserve this success. It's an honor to be an example of any little bit of it!

The article mention is awesome. I told the group that we're worldwide now lol. Thanks to everyone for the love so far! Keep watching FOTC and our vid on YouTube. And hey, some more '5 star' votes wouldn't hurt either, eh? ;-)
Matt



"Enough small boom, let's boom the boom!"

User avatar
ParanoidAndroid
Half a shapely halibut
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:44 am

Postby ParanoidAndroid » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:37 am

rnbmre wrote:
We can only hope! :-P Nah man, if we were any small part in their continued success, then that's just incredible. The more I watch their brilliant humor, the more I'm convinced that they deserve this success. It's an honor to be an example of any little bit of it!

The article mention is awesome. I told the group that we're worldwide now lol. Thanks to everyone for the love so far! Keep watching FOTC and our vid on YouTube. And hey, some more '5 star' votes wouldn't hurt either, eh? ;-)


Mmmmhmmm!
Worldwide...its now only expected of you guys to do some more covers haha. Bowie would sound insane!
And I'm right on to linking your vid to every FotC fan I know, and even non-fans!!
Image

"We'll have puppet shows. Or use them when we're writing scripts"-Bret

Sherry
Professional Blonde
Posts: 3961
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:57 am

Postby Sherry » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:14 am

I finally got to posting the clip in the Fantastic section also :)


Return to “Fun & Games & Bret & Jemaine”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron