Business Time Cover - Why Kant We Kiss

Share a kebab or a cab. Pull your sexy dance moves or sing about your day. Wear your beard scruffy or your chops huge. Bretero or Jemainiac, we're mixing it all up here. Also Your Stuff now incorporated here.
M-DOG
Giving the paper to the people

Business Time Cover - Why Kant We Kiss

Postby M-DOG » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:55 am

Hi,

I just uploaded a cover version of Business Time. Please check it out and let me know what you think!

(Be kind)

xxx

http://www.myspace.com/whykantwekiss
I love Humanity...oh the humanity!

TheFool
Half a shapely halibut

Re: Business Time Cover - Why Kant We Kiss

Postby TheFool » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:56 am

Pretty dern good and dif'rnt(a good thing), love some of the lifehouse/who'snext era Who-y lectric loopy sound. The vocals could be pushed higher. And the awesome moans much higher. The transition into the chorus is also a little off sounding, needs something to push into it, if that makes sense. And the high synth running around would sound even sexier with some well placed effects. But once again, well done-did. Smooth and tuneful and sixy and original, all we can ever ask of music.

P.S. Well did with the lyric changes as well.
Talkin' about the thyroid

M-DOG

Postby M-DOG » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:09 am

Wow. Thank you.

It is really nice to get such a positive comment. I also appreciate the details and the ideas. This is my first attempt at a cover and it was brutal to say the least! I usually shy away from covers (no one ever does it as well obviously) and you really need to make it your own. Again Thanks :)

TheFool
Half a shapely halibut

Postby TheFool » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:27 am

Glad to comment. Surprised my wonderful supporting cast here isn't out in force singing praises and low harmony vocals. Such is forum life. It really was a good job making it your own. I have yet to be able to do that with my covers (I tend to be annoyingly loyal to see if I can make the pleasant things I hear in my mind [which hitherto are mostly not my own things] come out of my mouth and instruments). You definitely deserve the positive commenting und I'm glad to give my honest opinion at all times (I was quite ready to teacher's-red-pen the fudge out of a bad cover, should one have presented itself). Keep it up.
Talkin' about the thyroid

Austin

Postby Austin » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:14 pm

The song doesn't quite fit my musical tastes, but you did a wonderful job singing it. I would definately place it above all of the YouTube covers out there which try to copy Bret and Jemaine to no end.
They call it a fly because it takes you up to Heaven

I lurk left.... a lot.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:25 pm

I liked it and your shuffling the lyrics to fit your feminine version. :) My only advice would be- belt it out a bit harder. It sounded a bit tentative at times.....you have a good voice- fully go for it! :D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

M-DOG

Postby M-DOG » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:31 am

Thank you!

You are very generous!

Cheers!

M-DOG

- There is nothing good on TV -

Carol Brown

Postby Carol Brown » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:03 am

Before I actually heard it, I thought the chorus was going to be replaced with 'why can't we kiss' ( it'd actually fit the rhythm nicely- why can't WEEEE, why can't we KIIIISS )...

Your version of the song was dead fun to listen to! I'm usually not a huge fan of covers, but I really liked this one. The best parts were the subtle lyric changes and the switch-around perspective. Kudos for not making a clone-cover- great job with the personalised touches! :D
Would you like a little cereal ?

M-DOG

Postby M-DOG » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:43 am

Carol Brown,

Thanks! I appreciate your comment. I just got home from our local haunt and the dj popped in my backing track and they recorded me singing it. It was a total blast. He is putting it up on youtube. LOL
I will post it if it sounds ok. (Wince)

Thanks again!

Return to “Fun & Games & Bret & Jemaine”