20 Things

Share a kebab or a cab. Pull your sexy dance moves or sing about your day. Wear your beard scruffy or your chops huge. Bretero or Jemainiac, we're mixing it all up here. Also Your Stuff now incorporated here.
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Re: 20 Things

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:43 am

kellysouthpaw wrote: Good idea, but I'm not sure if she'd report it to us if it was "call" *suspicious eyes in nonch's direction*

I kid, I kid. But I WOULD need a witnesses signed statement corroborating it if it's "corn"

:lol: Oh Kelly, Kelly, Kelly. You have no faith in me? What have I done to deserve such distrust? Well, besides pursuading Barnaby to unwittingly help me mislead my friends, just for a laugh? I mean other than that... :wink:

sunnyringo wrote: 12) Your most prized piece of Conchords merch? (share a pic if you have one)
Conchords-related merch:

sunnyringo, would you mind showing us a photo of the other side of this album? I just want to see what it looks like. :halo:
Image..Image..Image

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:57 am

mockingbird wrote:6) Favourite Conchords song to date? Any particular reason?
I would date any of the Conchords songs. ;)

:lol: :clap:

mockingbird wrote:18) Best Conchord moment ever.
Gah! Are you trying to kill us with these hard questions, Sherry?? I have to come back to this one too. I've been filling out this questionnaire for half an hour, lol.

Do you have an answer for this yet? Were you trying to think of a favorite moment from the show? Cuz being straddled by Jemaine has to be waaaaaay up there! :shock:
Image..Image..Image

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:12 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote: I kid, I kid. But I WOULD need a witnesses signed statement corroborating it if it's "corn" :lol: :roll2:
That could be arranged.
90% evil
ImageImage

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:41 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote:
mockingbird wrote:18) Best Conchord moment ever.
Gah! Are you trying to kill us with these hard questions, Sherry?? I have to come back to this one too. I've been filling out this questionnaire for half an hour, lol.

Do you have an answer for this yet? Were you trying to think of a favorite moment from the show? Cuz being straddled by Jemaine has to be waaaaaay up there! :shock:

:lol: You know, I thought about the straddling. It's definitely a contender. ;) But honestly the whole show experience was so awesome, and then meeting the guys after... and then I started thinking about all the different ways this question could be answered, all the great interviews and quips and stuff... I think I've overthought this question so much I can't possibly answer it anymore, lol.

edit - Oh and also I have to say that while the straddling was quite... exhilarating, ;) almost better than that was just before, when he sat on the edge of the stage right in front of me, a few mere feet away, and sang while looking directly into my eyes. That was pretty great. :thumb: :nod: :thud:

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:50 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:
closet jemainiac wrote:Kelly, I love that pic of you two sooo much! :heart:

Tell us again how his scruff felt on your cheek... (what? Who? CJ=MEL???!! How Dare you!)

:lol:

It felt scruffy :biggrin: and amazing. I'm pretty sure it has healing powers.

:purple:

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:53 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote:[I know you remember the wheelbarrow ad, but for those of you that haven't seen it. :D

How have I missed this?

um...maybe Im a bit dense :worry: , but what is supposed to be the point of this ad? :|

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:04 pm

If you drink their beer, you just may be able to pull off a 720 flat spin with a jump through....with a freaking wheelbarrow! :supz:
Image..Image..Image

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:28 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote:If you drink their beer, you just may be able to pull off a 720 flat spin with a jump through....with a freaking wheelbarrow! :supz:

That was a great day. :lol: ;)

"It's like he and gravity haven't been introduced." He's breaking the laws of physics! :lol:

rotunda
Lost but happy at sea

Postby rotunda » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:34 pm

This looks like more fun than I can resist. :D

1) First time you stumbled into the Conchords? Not literally :p Was it the TV show, on the radio, a pic somewhere....
I'm so totally new. :roll: I told myself for ages to check out the show and just never actually did until this year. I do remember channel flicking one night months and months ago and leaving half of Sally Returns on in the background while I was doing a million and one other things... so never really paid attention to it (what a truly horrific mistake that was). I remembered Jemaine's new apartment when I did finally see it though.

2) Who did you think was hotter based on that first impression?
:| Neither. No wait, I mean 'neither' in a 'both' kind of way. Inclusively neither. :P

3) Has this opinion now changed? If so, divulge why :)
Hmmm, no.

4) Chops or no chops.
More of the inclusively neither feelings...

5) Beard or no beard.
Same as 4...

6) Favourite Conchords song to date? Any particular reason?
Cheer Up Murray probably. Actually I can't pick, it changes all the time.

7) Your current favourite pic of Jemaine or Bret. Please post and share :)
Oh man, I don't really have one. :? There is one I saw a while ago that I thought was sweet - it's a mag scan where they are both sitting at a picnic table. There are great windows behind them and a metal-looking corner pillar thing that is sort of criss-crossy (urgh, worst description ever!). I'm pretty sure Jemaine has blue flip-flops on. Oh and there's an 'OPEN' sign behind them, which is yellow. Or another colour. I'm sure one of you beady-eyed picture hoarders will know exactly the one I mean. :wink:

8 ) Do you resemble Mel in any way shape or form?
I have never painted them, naked or otherwise. Nor am I president, secretary and treasurer of their fan club. I do brake pencils occasionally when I'm angry though.

9) We adore you, but we really wish you...........
... would stop being so awesome, you're taking over my life. I don't wish that at all, carry on. :roll: :D

10) Thongs. Underwear or footwear?
Undercrackers! As far as I'm concerned I'd not wear thongs on my feet, I'd get funny looks.

11) Favourite Conchord quote? From TV/radio show or someplace else.
This changes all the time too.... currently - 'Please be the Maori'. It's the tone of it, so pleading. :lol:

12) Your most prized piece of Conchords merch? (share a pic if you have one)
I don't have a picture and it's not really merch as such, but I printed a t-shirt with 'That bird doesn't have any wings' (one of my favourite scenes from the show). I wore it heaps until a stranger at a train station one day thought I was making a feminist statement with it. Pfft.

13) Who has more pics of Jemaine - SheWolf or Mockingbird. Discuss.
I think I'm too new to have a clue on this one. :P

14) On the upcoming European tour what are you hoping to see most?
Probably seeing the huuuge crowd at Wembley... I'm psyched about that. Oh, I kind of read 'hoping' as more 'looking forward to'.

15) Following on from #14, what do you want to see least?
Stupid shouty people with stupid shouts. Shhhhh!
Oh and any giant people anywhere in front of me. Tall folk, I may poke you repeatedly in the ribs until you're well outside of my peripheral vision.

16) What's your favourite other project outside of the Conchords. Either Bret or Jemaine or both.
Changes a lot... The Pen has been cheering me up all day today though. :)

17) Dinner with the Conchords. What would you cook?
Oh dear. I like raw fruit and veg. I'm a strange breed of human rabbit. I think takeout might be best.

18) Best Conchord moment ever.
On the show, Mel's 'Jemaine behind bars' t-shirt. Or Dave manning the New Zealand information desk. :lol:
Oh, and roll on May.... *squeal*

19) Have you ever dressed as a Conchord or anything related to them for Halloween (or other party).
Nope, but the more I think about it the more I'm dying to dress as Murray. Somewhere. Anywhere, for any reason.

20) Have you ever attempted to spin a wheelbarrow or worn a white tracksuit with red stripes while out in public.
No to both, but I like gardening... so one day, when I'm feeling confident with my wheelbarrow...

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:51 pm

great answers!

"please be the Maori" :pray: = awesome :D

Your #9 is good... :lol:

rotunda
Lost but happy at sea

Postby rotunda » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:21 pm

:D :D

onlyalways wrote:7) Your current favourite pic of Jemaine or Bret. Please post and share :)

Its been my favorite for quite a while. :)

Ignore my answer for number seven, it's now this. :roll2: :nod:

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:42 pm

Finally got round to doing this! :lol:

1) First time you stumbled into the Conchords? Not literally :p Was it the TV show, on the radio, a pic somewhere....
I heard about Flight of the Conchords somewhere so I decided to find out more about them by searching for video clips of them on YouTube. The first clip I saw was their performance of ‘Business Time’ on HBO’s One Night Stand.

2) Who did you think was hotter based on that first impression?
I thought Bret was quite cute.

3) Has this opinion now changed? If so, divulge why
I still think Bret is cute but now I think they’re both good looking and I lean more towards Jemaine. ;)

4) Chops or no chops.
No chops.

5) Beard or no beard.
I think Bret looks better with a full beard. Scruff is good too!

6) Favourite Conchords song to date? Any particular reason?
Song?! I can’t choose one! Hmm, it’s going to be between Hotties and Bus Driver’s Song I think. Right now, I’m gonna chose Bus Driver’s Song. It’s just a really unique and beautiful song. I love the whole storytelling element of it and it sounds great live too. I enjoyed listening to the harmonies they did during the 2009 North American tour. :)

7) Your current favourite pic of Jemaine or Bret. Please post and share
:D

8 ) Do you resemble Mel in any way shape or form?
Not physically but I do know a lot more about the guys than the average fan. Haven't reached the stalking phase...yet... :lol:

would release more Conchords related stuff, like a special edition DVD with more deleted scenes and outtakes from both Season 1 and Season 2 and a live concert DVD (I’d love it if they filmed some performances during their European tour)!

10) Thongs. Underwear or footwear?
Footwear!

11) Favourite Conchord quote? From TV/radio show or someplace else.
“…We just looked out, across the city from our little spot on the hill top. Oh it’s so pretty from way up there. We talked about how the lights from the buildings and cars seemed like reflections of the stars that shone out so pretty and bright that night."- Jenny, ONS.

12) Your most prized piece of Conchords merch? (share a pic if you have one)
I currently don’t have that much merch. Hopefully I’ll get buy some cool stuff during the European tour. :)

13) Who has more pics of Jemaine - SheWolf or Mockingbird. Discuss.
Hmm… SheWolf I guess!

14) On the upcoming European tour what are you hoping to see most?
Oh, so many things! I’m looking forward to see them live from the front row at Wembley Arena. I’m hoping to hear them sing some classics such as Hotties and Bus Driver’s Song as well as sing completely new songs. I would love to hear ‘Ladies of the World’ too. I’m also hoping that Nigel will accompany them again. :D

15) Following on from #14, what do you want to see least?
Silly/drunk hecklers. :evil:

16) What's your favourite other project outside of the Conchords. Either Bret or Jemaine or both.
Ah, another tough question. It’s gotta be between The Wellington International Ukulele Orchestra and Eagle vs Shark.

17) Dinner with the Conchords. What would you cook?
I’m alright at cooking but I’d rather take them out to a restaurant (probably a Mexican one!). I’d probably fare better if I bake them something though.

18) Best Conchord moment ever.
Episode 5 of season 2. Love that episode! :D

19) Have you ever dressed as a Conchord or anything related to them for Halloween (or other party).
Nope!

20) Have you ever attempted to spin a wheelbarrow or worn a white tracksuit with red stripes while out in public.
Hehe, nope! ;)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:53 pm

Ooh, I'm loving everyone's answers! :)

vmh wrote:Since I didn't give an answer for Q9...

play a secret show exclusively for WTF! members.

Yes! :thumb:

sunnyringo wrote: 12) Your most prized piece of Conchords merch? (share a pic if you have one)
Conchords-related merch:

Wow, I haven't seen this before. Nice one! :thumb:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:19 pm

You managed to last out the weekend :lol: 8)

I'm impressed. I shall be back later to discuss stuff. Anyone else still wanting to post their answers is of course welcome to :) The more the merrier.

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:25 pm

Don't forget to post your own though, Sher :wink:
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

Return to “Fun & Games & Bret & Jemaine”