20 Things

Share a kebab or a cab. Pull your sexy dance moves or sing about your day. Wear your beard scruffy or your chops huge. Bretero or Jemainiac, we're mixing it all up here. Also Your Stuff now incorporated here.
onlyalways
Keeping it funky

Re: 20 Things

Postby onlyalways » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:54 am

mockingbird wrote:
onlyalways wrote:First thing that came to mind was when Jemaine remembered my name at Fantastic Fest.
That's so awesome. Where did he remember you from?

I may have said my name in Vegas when I met him? I was so nervous and I don't remember. But he said he remembered my name and another fan I was with from our Myspace comments and messages. He joked that we go on their website "like everyday!" :lol: I love that he pays so much attention to the fans. :heart: (It was seriously like twice a week or something like that though. :P)

mockingbird wrote:Oh and also I have to say that while the straddling was quite... exhilarating, ;) almost better than that was just before, when he sat on the edge of the stage right in front of me, a few mere feet away, and sang while looking directly into my eyes. That was pretty great. :thumb: :nod: :thud:

Nice! :D :love:

Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Peaches » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:42 am

How could I have missed this thread!? I FAIL.

1) First time you stumbled into the Conchords? Not literally :p Was it the TV show, on the radio, a pic somewhere....

At a gig in NSW, it was for a stand up comedy type show (called Stand Up) in 2004, they didn't get a huge amount of laughs...but I knew they were special :D And I thought phwoar...that hairy ogre one is HOT.

2) Who did you think was hotter based on that first impression?
As above...Jemaine :D

3) Has this opinion now changed? If so, divulge why

Haha, no.

4) Chops or no chops.
Chops on Jemaine...no chops on Bret.

5) Beard or no beard.
No beard on either!

6) Favourite Conchords song to date? Any particular reason?
Carol Brown - I can't help but sing along every time I hear it :)

7) Your current favourite pic of Jemaine or Bret. Please post and share
I like his gap here, he's got stubble goin on...but it's okay :D

8 ) Do you resemble Mel in any way shape or form?
We're both female...

9) We adore you, but we really wish you...........
WOULD TOUR AUSTRALIA.

10) Thongs. Underwear or footwear?
Footwear!

11) Favourite Conchord quote? From TV/radio show or someplace else.
It's simple...the way Jemaine says "what" :D

12) Your most prized piece of Conchords merch? (share a pic if you have one)
I have none :(

13) Who has more pics of Jemaine - SheWolf or Mockingbird. Discuss.
Haha, SheWolf probably!

14) On the upcoming European tour what are you hoping to see most?
Nothing too good, so they can save it FOR AUSTRALIA!

15) Following on from #14, what do you want to see least?
Drunken floozies/hecklers

16) What's your favourite other project outside of the Conchords. Either Bret or Jemaine or both.
Jemaine and his claymation, films :)

17) Dinner with the Conchords. What would you cook?
Tacos. I wanna see them eat :twisted:

18) Best Conchord moment ever.
When Jemaine bought me flowers for my birthday and gave me a bear hug ... oh wait, that's a DREAM.

19) Have you ever dressed as a Conchord or anything related to them for Halloween (or other party).
I went as a Shark, but it was rubbish.

20) Have you ever attempted to spin a wheelbarrow or worn a white tracksuit with red stripes while out in public.
Yes! We have 2 wheelbarrows, and I did spin it!
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:38 pm

deliriumtree wrote:My sense of humor and hormones are completely bonded.

So true. This and the fact that they are such all around great guys, the musical talent, the sexy accents, all that tall/dark/handsomeness on top of the funny is what has tipped mere admiration into... uh well, obsession. :worry:

deliriumtree wrote:Jemaine can be fantasized about. Bret is on a pedestal so high that I wouldn't dare. He's magical!! How dare you people! (it's okay really, I don't judge you for it. But, on some level it seems blasphemous to me.)

:roll2: Just call me WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer from now on.

Peaches wrote:19) Have you ever dressed as a Conchord or anything related to them for Halloween (or other party).
I went as a Shark, but it was rubbish.

Really? I want to see a picture! :D

Venus wrote:8 ) Do you resemble Mel in any way shape or form?
Not physically but I do know a lot more about the guys than the average fan. Haven't reached the stalking phase...yet...

How many shows are you going to, Venus? :whistle: :wink:
Image..Image..Image

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:13 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote:
Venus wrote:8 ) Do you resemble Mel in any way shape or form?
Not physically but I do know a lot more about the guys than the average fan. Haven't reached the stalking phase...yet...

How many shows are you going to, Venus? :whistle: :wink:

:lol: I'm only going to a few shows... :whistle: ;)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:36 pm

1) First time you stumbled into the Conchords? Not literally :p Was it the TV show, on the radio, a pic somewhere....

It was in a press article someone sent us from NZ. Saying about they were on their way to the UK in a few months to perform at the Edinburgh Fringe. I saw them without ever having heard anything they had done. O unless you count seeing the Hmmourbeasts performing directly beforehand for an hour. Not even the Folk The World CD was available back then.

2) Who did you think was hotter based on that first impression?

Taika.

3) Has this opinion now changed? If so, divulge why

Nope. His leg tattoo will be forever etched in my memory.

4) Chops or no chops.

Defo no chops.

5) Beard or no beard.

Stubble.

6) Favourite Conchords song to date? Any particular reason?

Bus Drivers Song and Pencils in the Wind. Both amazing live.

7) Your current favourite pic of Jemaine or Bret. Please post and share

I don't have one. I like the older ones.

8 ) Do you resemble Mel in any way shape or form?

I'm breathing. I ovulate. And we share a common gene pool.

9) We adore you, but we really wish you...........

would release a live album and/or DVD compilation. One day.

10) Thongs. Underwear or footwear?

Underwear. If you are a page 3 model who doesn't mind wearing a cheese wire for undies.

11) Favourite Conchord quote? From TV/radio show or someplace else.

"He manages. He just manages"
"You shot it?"

12) Your most prized piece of Conchords merch? (share a pic if you have one)

Its not merch really. It was never a poster that was on sale anywhere. And its not a great pic of it, but its all I can do at this present time.

13) Who has more pics of Jemaine - SheWolf or Mockingbird. Discuss.

I'd say SheWolf but I reckon Mock is catching up.

14) On the upcoming European tour what are you hoping to see most?

Bus Drivers performed live. And Hotties. O and the original version of Mutha'uka's

15) Following on from #14, what do you want to see least?

Anything cringeworthy from the audience.

16) What's your favourite other project outside of the Conchords. Either Bret or Jemaine or both.

I think with Bret its WIUO. Jemaine it's probably his claymation.

17) Dinner with the Conchords. What would you cook?

Probably my big assed chili beef. With jacket potato. Mainly as our spuds taste very different to ones in NZ :lol:

18) Best Conchord moment ever.

I think seeing them on the HBO One Night Stand and the BBC radio show airing. It kind of felt like the icing on the cake for all their hard work in the early years. Meeting them was pretty cool also but in a different way.

19) Have you ever dressed as a Conchord or anything related to them for Halloween (or other party).

Never.

20) Have you ever attempted to spin a wheelbarrow or worn a white tracksuit with red stripes while out in public.

Maybe in my dreams. Or worst nightmares :lol:

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:55 pm

Love that poster Sherry and what they wrote on it!
"Come 'folk' us anytime" :lol:

Sherry wrote:9) We adore you, but we really wish you...........

would release a live album and/or DVD compilation. One day.

Agreed! :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:24 pm

I think we need to see this leg tattoo of Taika's.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:31 am

Sherry's most prized piece of merch is only the coolest thing ever. 8)
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:16 am

8)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:00 pm

SheWolf wrote:Sherry's most prized piece of merch is only the coolest thing ever. 8)

Agreed. That poster is awesome! :nod:

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:09 pm

Sherry wrote:1) First time you stumbled into the Conchords? Not literally :p Was it the TV show, on the radio, a pic somewhere....

It was in a press article someone sent us from NZ. Saying about they were on their way to the UK in a few months to perform at the Edinburgh Fringe. I saw them without ever having heard anything they had done. O unless you count seeing the Humourbeasts performing directly beforehand for an hour. Not even the Folk The World CD was available back then.

:prayer: Sherry wins. Lost her FotC virginity live at Edinburgh. :lol: Was this before or after the night of hair burning and raw pizza? Is there somewhere on the site or the forum that you shared about this concert in detail? You know I have a few questions. :wink: I couldn't find anything with a quick search.

So actually you experienced the Humourbeasts first... Were both gigs of equal importance at the festival? I guess I'm trying to piece together if at this point the guys were involved in different projects, just waiting to see what would take off? Or is it more a display of what they happened to be into at the moment. Were they trying to make a living at it?

Just how much has the band/show changed/improved from that first show you saw? Had they been a 'band' for very long at this point? Is there video of FotC at Edinburgh anywhere? I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS! :cross: :worry: sorry.

Sherry wrote:2) Who did you think was hotter based on that first impression?
Taika.

Switzerland. :?

Sherry wrote:Image

I completely ditto Bret's comments, for myself. How many times have you taken J up on his offer? :whistle:

Sherry wrote:18) Best Conchord moment ever.
I think seeing them on the HBO One Night Stand and the BBC radio show airing. It kind of felt like the icing on the cake for all their hard work in the early years.

:whitey: It's so cool to believe in someone and see the journey from humble beginnings to fruition. Good answer.
Image..Image..Image

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:39 pm

I have to add that I'm still... :roll2: ... at the quotes plugging the show on the poster.
Image..Image..Image

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:19 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote:
Taika.

Let's face it, nonch. We're never going to get it out of her...without plenty of malt whiskey. :twisted:
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:39 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote: :prayer: Sherry wins. Lost her FotC virginity live at Edinburgh. :lol: Was this before or after the night of hair burning and raw pizza? Is there somewhere on the site or the forum that you shared about this concert in detail? You know I have a few questions. :wink: I couldn't find anything with a quick search.

So actually you experienced the Humourbeasts first... Were both gigs of equal importance at the festival? I guess I'm trying to piece together if at this point the guys were involved in different projects, just waiting to see what would take off? Or is it more a display of what they happened to be into at the moment. Were they trying to make a living at it?

Taika.

After the raw pizza and before the burning hair iirc.

Nope, never really shared about it. I guess I could if you really want to ask stuff.

Yus, HB were on stage first. So Jemaine had a quick change and came back as a Conchord. I can divulge more if you wish. Although I did talk about some stuff in the HB thread.

Sherry wrote:18) Best Conchord moment ever.
I think seeing them on the HBO One Night Stand and the BBC radio show airing. It kind of felt like the icing on the cake for all their hard work in the early years.

nonchalant obsession wrote: :whitey: It's so cool to believe in someone and see the journey from humble beginnings to fruition. Good answer.

Yeah, I felt so thrilled for them. And happy. And proud. And just smiled a lot. The ONS show was truly a great way for so many people to discover them.

I'll see if I can rectify my lack of talking about stuff for you okies :lol:

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:41 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote:I have to add that I'm still... :roll2: ... at the quotes plugging the show on the poster.

Me too :roll2:

I'd trust the Ancient Roman Times :nod:

And Sherry IS Switzerland... Booooo!
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

Return to “Fun & Games & Bret & Jemaine”