Theme: Tour Antics

Share a kebab or a cab. Pull your sexy dance moves or sing about your day. Wear your beard scruffy or your chops huge. Bretero or Jemainiac, we're mixing it all up here. Also Your Stuff now incorporated here.
sunnyringo
Half a shapely halibut

Re: Theme: Tour Antics

Postby sunnyringo » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:23 am

Ami wrote:
Red wrote:Anyone know what show this is from? If I ever look up to see Bret standing directly over me I think I may become a little bit impassioned. :blush:
http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af242/klgallaway/Bret%20-%20on%20stage/k3x14y.jpg

It's from Nashville. :)

It's actually from Bloomington. ;)

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:27 am

Whambi! I love that video. 8) Jemaine and the dollar bill... :lol: You did a great job on that. :clap:

Ami, I adore that gif of Bret's Sugalumps Shimmy! And the seat walking and the pic SW posted! Wow I hope they continue to want to get right out there into the crowd at the Euro concerts....at the first couple of shows at least. :lol:
Image..Image..Image

Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Whambi » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:02 am

nonchalant obsession wrote:Whambi! I love that video. 8) Jemaine and the dollar bill... :lol: You did a great job on that. :clap:

Thanks Nonch! The Mutha'uckas clip and Well Balanced Bret is from our April 29th show. Good times!

Now for the Michigan fans in the house, LauraK, CJ and KellySP and others
Can you explain to me exactly what Jemaine says around 1:40 in this clip, I heard the "how dare you" but what did he say prior to that? The woman definitely was doing an extreme close-up inspection of his sugalumps for him to thrust her head back like that
If I did I'd hold you tight into every single night & we'd fall asleep together & we'd wake up in the sunlight. Well, maybe I'm a dreamer, but, maybe one day you'll see, that dreams are......
......Yeah, yeah she gets it, stop cockblocking me!

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:08 am

Whambi - he says, "How dare you? How DARE you, ma'am!" but before that I can't really tell through all the screaming, and I can't remember right off-hand what he said...

edit to add: I should note that I can't remember what he said because I spent most of the time doubled over (yet eyes still glued to the sugalumps, of course) laughing. I had tears coming out of my eyes and my stomach muscles ached. So I didn't catch all he said the first time when I was there. Then this video is so full of screaming (I can even hear myself at some points in the video) that I can't make it out now :(

Ami
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Ami » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:34 am

sunnyringo wrote:
Ami wrote:
Red wrote:Anyone know what show this is from? If I ever look up to see Bret standing directly over me I think I may become a little bit impassioned. :blush:
http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af242/klgallaway/Bret%20-%20on%20stage/k3x14y.jpg

It's from Nashville. :)

It's actually from Bloomington. ;)

DOH! I dunno why I thought it was from a show you went to. :roll:

I knew I shouldn't have said anything. :lol: :doomed:
"If there's love involved, Jemaine probably did it."

Ami
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Ami » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:14 am

Sometimes they let you play the bongos. :D

Sometimes they let you sing. :D

Sometimes they strip. :yay:
"If there's love involved, Jemaine probably did it."

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:01 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote: Wow I hope they continue to want to get right out there into the crowd at the Euro concerts....at the first couple of shows at least. :lol:
Don't you think they would be less inclined to do it at a standing room show? If we're standing how will J be able to straddle us & put his lumps/rump in our faces? Oh boo hoo!

Whambi wrote:The woman definitely was doing an extreme close-up inspection of his sugalumps for him to thrust her head back like that
It’s his head thrusting back and sprawling on the stage that gets me. I don’t know that I could have resisted the urge to pounce on him.

kellysouthpaw wrote:" but before that I can't really tell through all the screaming, and I can't remember right off-hand what he said...(
I like how the screaming in the videos always gets distorted so it sounds like the soundtrack to a horror film. :lol:

Here are some antics I think we can all get behind.

90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:36 pm

What Kelly said, lol. All I can remember is lots of "how dare you....how dare you, ma'am!" :D
It was so overwhelming.....my senses were on overload trying to take it all in and not react too inappropriately in front of my hubby. :lol: Plus, seeing them in person....I kind of felt like I had to be more respectful of them but it was hard! One the one hand, I was silently praying for Jemaine to come down to our end while staring up at Bret shimmying his hips in front of us. :rolleyes: On the other hand, I just wanted to lose my mind and jump up and....well......but I only did that in my head. :halo:

SW, oh yes......we can all get behind that. :drool:

Btw, I really hope you guys get chairs.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:55 pm

I like how he flaps his hand at her to shoo her away, lol.

Nice videos folks. :thumb:

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:08 pm

:whitey: This thread makes me so happy. Thanks sharing all the videos and pics so far, everyone! I can't wait for the European tour! :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

rotunda
Lost but happy at sea

Postby rotunda » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:25 pm

I know what you mean Venus. This thread is like a wee prelude to May, and it's getting me all excited for it! Weee, can't wait! :bounce:

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:57 pm

Rotunda, I'm getting a bit excited myself. :horny:
First Bret stripping...and then this...
SheWolf wrote:Image
*gulp* fans self
How did this person hold the camera so steady?!??! :shock: The eye contact is...is...intense.

SheWolf wrote:
nonchalant obsession wrote: Wow I hope they continue to want to get right out there into the crowd at the Euro concerts....at the first couple of shows at least. :lol:
Don't you think they would be less inclined to do it at a standing room show? If we're standing how will J be able to straddle us & put his lumps/rump in our faces? Oh boo hoo!

:lol: We will find a way. :snakeman: And no matter what we will certainly, somehow manage to be close enough to get knocked up by some potent rhymes. :roll2:

SheWolf wrote:I like how the screaming in the videos always gets distorted so it sounds like the soundtrack to a horror film. :lol:

That made me laugh so hard......"Bret and Jemaine! What are you doing to those poor women?!?!?!" :twisted:
Image..Image..Image

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:00 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote: And no matter what we will certainly, somehow manage to be close enough to get knocked up by some potent rhymes. :roll2:

:bounce: :clap:

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:05 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote:Rotunda, I'm getting a bit excited myself. :horny:
First Bret stripping...and then this...
SheWolf wrote:Image
*gulp* fans self
How did this person hold the camera so steady?!??! :shock: The eye contact is...is...intense.

I know, just like the person who took this video below. Jemaine is looking directly at her and knows she's filming but she still managed to film all the way through! My camera probably would have ended up on the floor if Jemaine was that close to me. :lol:

For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:08 pm

That's one of my faves.....i think I need to go watch some tour vids again!
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Return to “Fun & Games & Bret & Jemaine”