Tour of Europe?

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Re: Tour of Europe?

Postby Sherry » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:04 pm

As soon as details of the tour are released I shall get to work on checking the venues and their ticket sale options for people. And shall of course share all the info.

I've seen loads of comedians and only bought tickets via the venues for them. Never had to resort to TM or any place like that.

Saw Frankie Boyle, Eddie Izzard, Alan Carr and others and always bought via the venue.

ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby ItsAllRyche » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:51 am

Yeah! I saw Eddie Izzard too. Brilliant. :lol:
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]

munchkin
Half a shapely halibut

Postby munchkin » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:30 pm

Still no further information about a UK tour?

I've just been to my first "big" comedy gig and was seriously surprised at how quickly the tickets went. I phoned at 10 am on the morning it was confirmed and the fifth row from the front was the best available.

I have no idea how you would get the front row. Maybe you have to have a crystal ball and be able to book them in advance of their being announced. :D

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:21 am

No, no news yet but trust me you will find out as soon as there is news because I'm sure it will spread like wildfire and WTF will be amongst the first to know! Yeah I was talking to Panda, biscuit and Zebra today about how fast the tickets are likely to go once tickets for a UK tour do go on sale. We just have to keep our fingers crossed when the time does come :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

munchkin
Half a shapely halibut

Postby munchkin » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:54 pm

Thanks, guys!

My husband just put his head round the door the other night when I was on here and asked "is there any word of FotC coming to Europe? I want to go, you know"

Coming from him, that is amazing!!

Woo! I'll need to get 2 tickets!!

Cosmic-Merchant
New arrival

Postby Cosmic-Merchant » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:20 am

just heard it from the mouth of irish comedian david o doherty , hes supporting them ...
and they're going to be playing the O2 dublin

Venus

Postby Venus » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:28 am

Cosmic-Merchant wrote:just heard it from the mouth of irish comedian david o doherty , hes supporting them ...
and they're going to be playing the O2 dublin

Seriously? Good to know the ball has started rolling when it comes to plans for their European tour if it is true :)

As for David O'Doherty supporting them, it wouldn't be the first time they've shared a stage.

Btw, I just read that the capacity of O2 Dublin is 9,000 seated. :shock:
&

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:06 am

AWESOME. 8)

Red Rocks seats at least that many, right? And was it sold out? (Probably.... :P )
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

munchkin
Half a shapely halibut

Postby munchkin » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:14 pm

Yeh! So it looks like plans are ..being..errr..planned.

I could do Dublin, it's not very far--about 1 hour flight. So even if they only do Dublin I could still get to see them!!

Venus

Postby Venus » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:58 pm

The fact that they may be considering playing the O2 in Dublin makes it more likely that they'll play the larger venues in London such as Wembley Arena and the O2 arena which are huge (12,500 and 23,000 capacity respectively). I'm just speculating though, hopefully it won't take too long for information to start coming in about the tour :)
&

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:19 pm

If that's the size venues they will play in London I won't be seeing them there. I think it would be strange for them to play venues that big when they didn't play anywhere near that size in the US.
90% evil
ImageImage

Venus

Postby Venus » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:24 pm

What was the capacity of the biggest venue they played in the US?

I doubt that they would play arenas that big in the UK though. It could be a one off gig in Dublin which is why it's at the O2 Dublin and they may perform a few nights at medium sized venues in London and other major cities. No idea. Admittedly, it would be weird if they played in such huge venues.
&

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:33 pm

I believe Laura's right that Red Rocks was the biggest at 9,000 and Radio City was the 2nd biggest with about 6,000. Come to think of it they sold out 2 nights at Radio City. Hmmm... well it is NYC after all, big city and they filmed the show there. But I guess they could do with a 12,000 seater in London. I prefer the size of the venue I saw them at in Philly - 3.500. I'm just not an arena person and if I was going to see U2 or something I'd expect to have to see them in a place like that. But FOTC are something differently entirely. I'm very interested to see how this tour goes. Like will they also play smaller cities in the UK - personally I'd love to see them in Brighton. If they are going to play Europe I'd go to Amsterdam. :wink:
90% evil
ImageImage

Venus

Postby Venus » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:43 pm

Alright. Yeah I agree about arenas but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I wouldn't mind taking a train to some smaller cities/towns to see them too depending on when the tour actually takes place. Brighton would be cool. I'd love to see them in Paris too. :)
&

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:45 pm

I think the Fox in Detroit is 5000. They sold out 2 shows...I thought it was almost too big to really enjoy them...and I was in the 5th row....I wish I would have seen them in Ann Arbor, I think that place only holds about 1500.

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”