2010 European Tour Dates Announced!!!

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Re: 2010 European Tour Dates Announced!!!

Postby biscuit » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:26 pm

The LotR poster wasn't perfect because Bret's likeness really wasn't that good IMO. I did enjoy seeing Jem as Arwen though :lol2:

As for the opening comedy act it would be great if they got Kipper in :D I only have tics for shows opened by Arj though... I'm not his biggest fan but I'm sure it'll be good:)
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:32 pm

biscuit wrote:The LotR poster wasn't perfect because Bret's likeness really wasn't that good IMO. I did enjoy seeing Jem as Arwen though :lol2:

As for the opening comedy act it would be great if they got Kipper in :D I only have tics for shows opened by Arj though... I'm not his biggest fan but I'm sure it'll be good:)

Ah yes, Jimmy Carr! It would be great if they reunited with other people they worked with on the BBC radio show as well including Rob Brydon and Andy Parsons! :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:58 pm

:tears: Tracy and Kipper! :tears: Rob Brydon! :tears: Andy Parsons! :tears: Such possibilities that I won't see in person! :tears:

Arj is really funny in person - you should have a great time.

Can't wait to see who else they have opening for them. :popcorn:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

biscuit

Postby biscuit » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:45 pm

I'm starting to worry that the stupid volcano might disrupt the tour :worry:

Am I the only one?

I realise I do worry about a lot of silly things, but this volcano doesn't seem to be quieting down just yet, and the last time she was active she kept spewing ashy clouds for 2 years! :shock:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:33 pm

biscuit wrote:I realise I do worry about a lot of silly things, but this volcano doesn't seem to be quieting down just yet, and the last time she was active she kept spewing ashy clouds for 2 years! :shock:
But were flights disrupted because of it? I don't recall this ever being a big news story in the past.
90% evil
ImageImage

biscuit

Postby biscuit » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:09 pm

No, flights weren't disrupted.... It happened in 1827 or something. I guess nobody really gave a toss about dirty sails :lol:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:02 pm

Oh I thought I read of a more recent Icelandic eruption. I read about Laki in 1783-ish - holy crud!
90% evil
ImageImage

biscuit

Postby biscuit » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:21 pm

There have been more recent eruptions, but as far as I know none that have broken through the glaciers and thus they've created nothing more than steam and meltwater:)

There is talk of the current eruption having an effect on Katla (a much larger volcano) but they're not expecting Laki to move (thank god!). I just read about Laki now. Jeez :shock:

What is weird about the wind blowing in our direction is that not only are we actually getting ashy rain in the West, but there is a distinct smell of sulfur! I've never smelled a volcano before... It stinks! :lol:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:24 pm

At this point I'll just be happy that we and FOTC make it to Europe. If I have to spend the whole time in stinky ashy rain so be it. :lol:
90% evil
ImageImage

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:26 pm

The report Friday morning was that it could be weeks before air travel is up and running in Europe again. :shock: What are you hearing, Amanda?
Later I heard Heathrow might open as early as Sunday. You all were the first folks I thought of - not easy for anyone to get there, plus not easy to sit in volcanic ash if it's an outdoor event. :(

Here's hoping a mighty wind blows it all far away from any Conchord event or air travel route. :pray:

I guess the closest thing the US had was Mt St Helens. The Iceland photos are reminiscent of the ash spewed by that baby, but I think this one is much worse.
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

biscuit

Postby biscuit » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:41 pm

I can deal with the stink and the ash as well...for now. I'm praying for a change in the wind and some heavy rain to bring the ash to the ground :pray:

The Norwegian aviation agency just made a comment that looking at history this chaos could last for weeks, months or even years. The thing is, when the wind changes you can fly in some areas, so all hope isn't necessarily lost, but making travel arrangements weeks in advance may be risky in the future :P Stupid earth! :worry:

funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby funny schipperke » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:50 pm

I'm getting worried! :nails:
Image Image

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:51 pm

I'm in awe of stupid earth's powers and would find this story immensely fascinating if it didn't directly impact me.

I read that last Wednesday's eruption was the 2nd this month. There seemed to be no flight trouble related to the first eruption so if it continues to erupt who's to say it will continue to be a problem? Apparently Europe is currently in a high pressure weather pattern which causes the cloud to move slowly. When the weather pattern changes the cloud will be less impactful and move along it's way quickly. The weather and winds will certainly change in 2 weeks time. :) I'm looking at the bright side at the moment. But that doesn't mean that we shouldn't all gather together and pray to the angry Icelandic volcanic god & offer sacrifices if necessary. :P
Last edited by SheWolf on Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
90% evil
ImageImage

biscuit

Postby biscuit » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:56 pm

SheWolf wrote:I'm in awe of stupid earth's powers and would find this story immensely fascinating if it didn't directly impact me.

Amen!!

*goes outside to sacrifice some wine and a chocolate... I don't know what volcano gods prefer but I'm thinking you can't go wrong with wine and chocs*

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:04 pm

funny schipperke wrote:I'm getting worried! :nails:
fs I feel your pain very acutely. All I have to currently offer is this very positive and, I think, very accurate thought that wind & weather patterns will surely change shortly so regardless of what this beautiful and brilliant volcano choose to do (best not to refer to him as angry and violent, we need to stay on his good side) it will not continue to effect global traffic.

90% evil
ImageImage

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”