28th May 2010- The Greek Theatre, Berkeley

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
kellysouthpaw

Re: 28th May 2010- The Greek Theatre, Berkeley

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:22 pm

Could you imagine how long we would have to camp out in those front row seats? Foreverrrrr! If we got there early enough, that is...

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:25 pm

Yeah I mean we're going to have to camp out at Melkweg a little early to make sure we can get a good spot but that place only holds 1,500 (and it's standing room so once you are in there you can skooch up if need be) compared with having to fight 8,500 peeps for actual seats. Yikes.
90% evil
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:00 pm

I know. And I'm agoraphobic as it is. So sitting/being in a crowd is anxiety provoking enough as it is. But having to FIGHT to be in the crowd? My goodness. My heart is already palpitating.

Though, if I'd do it for anybody, it'd be for Big J and Little B :hug:

We'll see what my try for Bowl tickets turns up...

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:22 am

Interesting. :hrm: I was considering buying a ticket and seeing if I could use it too. And I was planning on getting it for here, since it's the "smaller" of the two venues. But that place is huge. :shock: Really? General admission? Interesting.

OK I have a totally hare brained scheme for how someone could get rid of their tickets, lol. Are you ready? ;) You put a block on your credit card so it can't be used, and you send it to the person to get into the show. Then they send it back to you and you remove the block.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:50 am

mockingbird wrote:Interesting. :hrm: I was considering buying a ticket and seeing if I could use it too. And I was planning on getting it for here, since it's the "smaller" of the two venues. But that place is huge. :shock: Really? General admission? Interesting.

OK I have a totally hare brained scheme for how someone could get rid of their tickets, lol. Are you ready? ;) You put a block on your credit card so it can't be used, and you send it to the person to get into the show. Then they send it back to you and you remove the block.

Uhhh...what??? I is confused. :hrm:
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:58 am

My explaining skills not so good. I try again.

So, basically you'd be mailing your inactive credit card to someone to use for ID purposes to get into the show, and then they'd mail it back to you, then you'd remove the block to make it active again so you could use it. This would only work with someone you know and trust, like Nancy and her daughter. You'd put the block on it in case it got lost in the mail or something like that.

If it was someone you didn't know so well, you could cancel the card and send the cancelled card for them to use to gain entry... I don't know if they'd still be able to use it that way or not, if it was cancelled. Also I don't know if someone could still get information about you from a cancelled credit card so it might not be a good idea. Sorry I think I'm getting confusing again, lol. :rolleyes:

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:26 am

I get it now. But it sounds complicated.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:53 am

I'm not so sure I like the general admission idea. I'm too old now. :lol: I like the comfort of assigned seating and being able to relax until showtime. General admission works better if the band is smaller but with FOTC, it's going to stress me out. If that's the case, I sure hope Zachary's Pizza delivers. It's going to be a long day.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:06 pm

And the countdown begins: 54 minutes until the presale starts!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:30 pm

30 minutes....:nails:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:58 pm

Wishing everyone the best of luck trying for tickets! :cheer:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Venus

Postby Venus » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:04 pm

I had a look at tickets for this event and it seems as though it's not all 'will call'. :)
&

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:05 pm

Ok, I had to search....the first thing they offered me was in B section! I thought it was Gen Ad? So I released it and searched again, and was then offered a Gen Ad ticket.

Anyone else get offered a specific seat?
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Venus

Postby Venus » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:07 pm

Yeah it seems as though they offer a few seats and the rest are general admission. :)
&

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:13 pm

This is good right? Should I go for the GA ticket? Should I wait? :?

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”