30th May 2010- The Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Re: 30th May 2010- The Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles

Postby mockingbird » Fri May 21, 2010 6:33 pm

That's actually pretty awesome, but now we have to bring clothes for the heat in Vegas and the cool weather in LA. There's only so much stuff I can cram into my backpack, lol. We're lucky it won't be oppressive in either place though. That's good news for DaMango, too. :thumb:

What is up with this weird weather? It's been really unseasonably cool here too.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Fri May 21, 2010 6:43 pm

You'd need something for outdoors in LA anyway, because it's usually cool at night. Tie a sweatshirt/light jacket around your waist, so it doesn't take up backpack room. :D
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Fri May 21, 2010 7:49 pm

Oh thanks guys! I wouldn't have thought to bring anything for cool weather. I figured it would just be hot in both cities.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri May 21, 2010 9:19 pm

mockingbird wrote:What is up with this weird weather? It's been really unseasonably cool here too.

It's 90 here today, I've been running all over town and am sweating like a maniac.

Urgh. I wish it would just stay warm in both Vegas & LA - it makes packing so much easier & lighter.

I bought a groovy skirt today twas hoping to be able to wear it in either Vegas or LA.
90% evil
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon May 24, 2010 6:14 pm

I just got an email about parking and venue info for the Bowl. I can't make heads or tails of the mass transit info since I have no idea bout the different lines, but it says the doors open at 5 pm and I definitely plan on being there at 5. With all this paperless ticket stuff it's going to take awhile with 18,000 people trying to get in.

It also says that cameras and audio/video equipment is not allowed and all bags are subject to search by security before entrance. Also that picnic baskets and Tupperware of food is allowed. Also, anyone using mass transit like the bus system gets to use their bus pass to get a goodie bag and be entered in to win prizes, if I'm reading this correctly.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Mon May 24, 2010 6:34 pm

Oooh, I wonder what's in the goodie bag?
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon May 24, 2010 6:35 pm

I'd put a baggie of fruit on top of my camera and put them in a Tupperware container. :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Mon May 24, 2010 6:37 pm

LauraK wrote:I'd put a baggie of fruit on top of my camera and put them in a Tupperware container. :)

That was my plan. Hide the camera in the picnic basket.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon May 24, 2010 6:43 pm

Who is bringing a picnic basket? I can't fit one in my luggage :lol:

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Mon May 24, 2010 7:04 pm

Everytime I read "picnic basket," I have to say it in my head like Yogi Bear. :lol: So forgive me for typing it like I'm hearing it.

I find it weird that you can bring a pic-i-nic basket and water bottles (!!!) but not a camera... Must be a west coast thing... On this side of the country it's pretty much forbidden to even think about trying to bring in a water bottle... :roll:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Mon May 24, 2010 7:10 pm

They allow picnic baskets because it's a Hollywood Bowl summer tradition to arrive early and picnic at the Bowl before a show. Don't ask me why. You come with your group, chat, eat, drink wine, and watch the show. I didn't know this the first time I went to the Bowl and during the whole concert, I was watching people come in with gourmet picnic food and by the end of the show, I was starving! :lol: But a ton of cafe and restaurants in the area make pre-made picnic baskets. It might be cool to stop at Whole Foods and pick out what you want too. Did you guys want to do this?

Hurricane
Lost but happy at sea

Postby Hurricane » Mon May 24, 2010 7:13 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:It also says that cameras and audio/video equipment is not allowed and all bags are subject to search by security before entrance.

I don't know but in my experience "no camera and audio/video equipment" often means "professional" equipment... I'd contact the venue and ask...

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon May 24, 2010 7:18 pm

vmh wrote:They allow picnic baskets because it's a Hollywood Bowl summer tradition to arrive early and picnic at the Bowl before a show. Don't ask me why. You come with your group, chat, eat, drink wine, and watch the show. I didn't know this the first time I went to the Bowl and during the whole concert, I was watching people come in with gourmet picnic food and by the end of the show, I was starving! :lol: But a ton of cafe and restaurants in the area make pre-made picnic baskets. It might be cool to stop at Whole Foods and pick out what you want too. Did you guys want to do this?

Maybe it would be a good idea to share a few. I will have no use for a picnic basket after the show since I won't be able to take it on the plane with me. But maybe we could get a few to go between us...what kinds of food will Whole Food have (we don't have them here so excuse my ignorance :lol: )

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Mon May 24, 2010 7:30 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:Maybe it would be a good idea to share a few. I will have no use for a picnic basket after the show since I won't be able to take it on the plane with me. But maybe we could get a few to go between us...what kinds of food will Whole Food have (we don't have them here so excuse my ignorance :lol: )

I actually don't have a picnic basket. I'm looking online right now and it looks like they're about $40 a basket. :shock: I think I've seen people come in with just bags of food instead of baskets. If you want, I could call the venue and see if that's okay. We could carry a few of them and conceal cameras in them somehow. I figure they're not going to have enough time to search everything and it's a better bet than storing the camera in your regular purse.

Whole Foods is a grocery store. They don't have any in my town either but there are more locations in LA. They have a really good deli/cafe section with an organic salad bar, made to order sandwiches, cheese, grab and go items, etc.
Last edited by vmh on Mon May 24, 2010 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Mon May 24, 2010 7:31 pm

So it's like tailgating, but for concerts? That sounds so fun!
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”