29th May 2010 - Las Vegas - Planet Hollywood theater

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Re: 29th May 2010 - Las Vegas - Planet Hollywood theater

Postby vmh » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:29 pm

I was just thinking, FOTC has some very dedicated fans! I've never traveled farther than Los Angeles to see anyone. I almost don't want to tell anyone the real reason why I'm making all these trips because they'll probably think I've lost my mind, even though there's probably some truth to that.

I'm looking into earlier flights back to LA as well as flights from the Bay Area to Vegas. I can't drive but I would chip in for the cost of the rental car and gas money. I'm a good navigator!

I want to say that I'm IN but it's probably not going to happen unless I win the lottery anytime soon. I'll get back to you.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:34 pm

I drive 3+ hours every day I drive to college, so driving would be no problem for me, I just would need people to split costs for rental car and hotel.

If we wanted to get real ballsy we could do the trip there and back in one night. But that would be pretty intense. I would need a couple 5 Hour Energy's for that!

And I hear you on the whole "I would only do this for FOTC", V. My parents STILL think I'm nuts. But still. There's a certain loyalty that's bred when you meet guys like these :hug:

ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby ItsAllRyche » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:11 pm

Hmm! Just got Vanessa's text...

I am seriously thinking about this...driving straight to Vegas Saturday, skipping LA until Sunday morning....

I work tomorrow!!! Seriously not one second away from work..(its a hearing). OOOOOOHHHH!
What to dooooo What to doooo?!?!?!

Ps. I am at work now...gotta run.

DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby DaMango » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:28 pm

OMG. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I saw this in my inbox. I will admit, this gig would have been my first choice if it had been announced at the same time as the others. If they book a Seattle show anytime soon, I definitely will cry. (and still go of course) I'd be up for a roadtrip as long as it was super cheap, but I don't see how that's possible. *sigh*

Oh, and congrats to those of you who can make it! Don't let my whining get in the way of your fun. ;)

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:38 pm

Too bad I couldn't catch a ride with you Ryche but I hope whatever you plan pans out! And DaMango, a car rental is only about $40-50 and 2 tanks of gas ( a guestimate of a tank there and a tank back). Plus a hotel room, but we would have to rent that in LA anyway. So for one person to rent a car and drive out to Vegas I would estimate it to cost $100-$120, $50-60 each for 2 people, $33-40 each for 3 people, etc. Plus their ticket to the show, of course.

Edit: if no one wants to do a road trip and I am able to score good seats to the Vegas show I'll just fly to Vegas and back, I guess. :)

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:58 pm

I'm thinking about refunding my ticket back to Ontario International Airport and using that for a plane ticket from SF to Las Vegas. I checked Southwest and it would be $92 and I'd be in Vegas by 6:25 PM, just in time for the show. McCarran Airport is right next to Planet Hollywood so it would be perfect. And then I would go back to LA with you guys the next morning. But I still need to consider the price of a show ticket, car rental, and a hotel. :hrm:
Last edited by vmh on Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:01 pm

First you guys need to see if you can get good tickets. Would you even consider Vegas if you couldn't?
90% evil
ImageImage

DaMango

Postby DaMango » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:08 pm

Oh Kelly, you temptress, you!!! :lol: I will really have to have a good long think about this. It sounds very doable, but I need to examine my finances. Closely. I guess there's no harm in checking out the presale, but I would need to score a very very good seat to make this worth it. I'll let you know when I decide!

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:18 pm

Right, SW. I'm getting ahead of myself. If I don't get stellar tickets, I really won't be considering Vegas this deeply. But if I can score good seats, I'll REALLY be looking to go. I'm worried about my ability to navigate downtown LA traffic though. The worst traffic I've ever done was Detroit. But I'm more concerned with like...confusing road signs/getting lost.

DaMango

Postby DaMango » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:27 pm

If I go, I'll help with some of the driving. I'm not the most assertive city driver, but I am safe! However, I don't do well driving at night, especially in a strange place, so I hope we will come back during the day.

I'm not sure how much I trust the fan presale, since everyone got better tickets after the fact. This whole roadtrip idea hinges on how good our seats are. And Kelly, if there's another radio station presale password to be had, I would like it this time please. :lol:

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:31 pm

I don't mind getting a few extra tickets if I'm offered stellar (and I'm talking, first five rows center section or about) seats in the presale, but I need to know who is definitely going if the tickets are right.

And definitely, Mango, I still feel horrible about it, honest! :lol:

I think the trick to Ticketmaster is just not accepting the first set it gives you. Like, trying for half an hour over and over again and seeing what you get. Do we have an outlook of the theater? Is there a pit section? I thought this theater had kind of a wonky seating chart?

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:38 pm

LauraK wrote:I am going to go to NZ and spank those boys, I swear!! :tsk: :lol:

Oooh, me too, me too! :lol:

As long as they keep moving East.......

:nod: :thumb:

This is too funny. What the heck is UP with those two?? :lol: They just can't bear to see the tour end.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:39 pm

ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:41 pm

That configuration is the one that will be for this show! Yay! :yay:
Last edited by kellysouthpaw on Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:53 pm

That is too weird! They want you to be surprised by your seats, apparently!

I'd think Gold Circle is Pit.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”