29th May 2010 - Las Vegas - Planet Hollywood theater

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Re: 29th May 2010 - Las Vegas - Planet Hollywood theater

Postby vmh » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:51 am

mockingbird wrote:
LauraK wrote:I am going to go to NZ and spank those boys, I swear!! :tsk: :lol:

Oooh, me too, me too! :lol:

Since you guys aren't really going to do this, I will unselfishly step up and volunteer to do the job. :purple:

I know I shouldn't go but if I get anything in gold circle, I'll be so tempted. Saying goodbye to those tickets will be the hardest thing I have to do. I don't even have the money in my bank account for more than 1 ticket at the moment. :| But seeing them 3 nights in a row would be incredible.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:56 am

If you do get one V, and I don't, I'll totally take it off your hands :eyelashes:

ETA: That is, if it's not Paperless Delivery. Which is most likely will be. Drat. :hrm:

DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby DaMango » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:07 am

Ryche, you are so awesome! If I can get a golden ticket for this show, I'll have to come with! I get into LAX about 20 minutes after Kelly. I'm totally down with pitching in for gas, and I'll even buy you lunch. :wink: It's all hinging on that ticket...

Squee!!! I'm so excited, I can hardly contain myself!

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:11 am

You folks are just plain GREEDY! :lol:

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:12 am

cj - *rubs hands together* muahahahaha

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:21 am

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1700449BE69D5F59?artistid=1124925&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

GOLDEN CIRCLE CONFIGURATION :whitey:

A few notes:

-- Tickets are pricier. $52.38-71.43 a pop. But for golden circle *gives the "Bret-looking-at-Jemaine-with-'lunchboxes'-look"*
-- There are 2 Internet Presales listed. One for Wednesday. One for Friday. Is one going to be Fan, one KROQ? Or is this just a typo?
-- Looks like Paperless Delivery

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:52 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:cj - *rubs hands together* muahahahaha

:lol:

DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby DaMango » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:38 am

Ok, just for funsies, I looked to see how much it would cost to spend the night at Planet Hollywood, but the rooms are sold out! Their website suggested some other nearby hotels, but almost all of them were sold out too. The cheapest on the list (with availability) was the Imperial Palace Hotel, with deluxe 2 queen room for $160.00. However, the price shot up to $230 when I indicated the the room was for 4 adults. :doh: I know we haven't even purchased concert tickets yet, but I thought I'd at least take a peek into accommodations.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:53 am

Well, since we'll have access to a car, how is parking at Planet Hollywood? Cause then we could stay nearby cheaper and just park at the venue?

But first we have to get good tickets.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:31 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:If you do get one V, and I don't, I'll totally take it off your hands :eyelashes:

ETA: That is, if it's not Paperless Delivery. Which is most likely will be. Drat. :hrm:

I might try tomorrow just to see if I could pull up anything good. If I happen to get gold tomorrow, I'll call you! Keep your phone nearby.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:35 am

Planet Hollywood is at the far south end of the strip. Imperial Palace is at the far north end of the strip. I really don't think that you want to spend $160 for Imperial palace, it's not all that. The room rates are pretty awful, typical Las Vegas weekend & a holiday weekend. The hotels a bit further down the south end of the strip &/or within a mile or two of the airport are affordable. I've been checking rates this afternoon. Honestly, the airport is not that far from the south end of the strip & since you have a car it shouldn't be too much of a problem to stay in the airport area IF we have to.

I'm pretty stoked about making it to the Vegas show too. :clap: How many passenger's do you have traveling by car? Eorious & I can get a flight Berkeley (Oakland to Las Vegas). I'm not sure that we have a way to get from Las Vegas to LA though. The airfares from Vegas to LA are not that great. So is there any room in the 'Conchord-mobile' for two more or are you guys at full capacity? We are mulling over the options & trying to decide if we can pull this off. We're looking at fares from Las Vegas to Ontario &/or Long Beach also.

Here are some hotel rates I found while cruising hotels.com, travelocity, expedia, priceline this afternoon on my lunch break:

Homewood Suites 1 mile from Las Vegas airport $71

Doubletree Club 1.9 miles from Las Vegas airport $82

Embassy Suites 1.8 miles from Las Vegas airport $109

Viva Las Vegas Baby! I can't believe this might happen. And remember girls, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Wooooo.
Last edited by 4everconchordsfan on Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:03 am, edited 7 times in total.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:45 am

If you guys see them in Vegas, please beg them to come out and meet with us in LA. I'll do the same if I see them in Berkeley.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:48 pm

vmh wrote:
kellysouthpaw wrote:If you do get one V, and I don't, I'll totally take it off your hands :eyelashes:

I might try tomorrow just to see if I could pull up anything good. If I happen to get gold tomorrow, I'll call you! Keep your phone nearby.

I will most definitely have my phone on me with the ringer turned all the way up, V!

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:15 pm

I'm maybe looking at possibly going... But pretty much only if I can get Golden Circle. I need to make up my mind today as the fare alert on Bing says my LA plane tickets have dropped to a buy-me-now-or-you're-an-idiot price $299 r/t. If I'm going to Vegas, I need to look at those fares... Oh this is not good for my savings... lol
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:56 pm

Well if I can get golden circle I am going to buy them as long as I can pull them, but since it's so small I am not keeping my hopes up :?

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”